• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you moisturize your skin regularly?

• Every day

• Sometimes, but not regularly

• I do not moisturize my skin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Every morning. I don't like moisturizing at night, I don't like how it feels - I know that's probably bad, but I don't mind being a grizzled old man.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
I know someone who rarely ever washes because they always stink of BO yet looks very young even though older I really think it's all down to genes it doesn't do sh1t imo

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
American%20psycho%20peel%20off%20mask.gif
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Of course, face twice a day, and hands regularly. Makes even more practical sense because living in a cold country and work in healthcare, so hands get dried a lot.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
face and hands after showering, I used to get dry and itchy skin and this helped a lot

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
But it's hard to adopt a new habit.
Is it though?

Just keep it in the back of your mind that it's beneficial and you'll see the benefits. You can start practicing, like start once a day with your hands and face, then go eventually to twice a day when you're more used to it. Go for the back of the hands more if you don't like it in your palms. There are plenty of moisturisers that get absorbed quickly, so your hands don't feel sticky for long.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Been using Cetaphil moisturizer every morning after I get out of the shower for years now. Has worked great for me.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So people that moisturise twice a day, do you wash your face before doing it a second time?

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Generally speaking no, but in winter I do otherwise I get eczema from dry air.
I'd recommend a humidifier in winter - my house has 10% humidity in winter and 30-60% is recommended.

ccnack

Feb 12, 2021
So people that moisturise twice a day, do you wash your face before doing it a second time?

Yes, every morning and night. Some mornings I don't wash my face just so I don't dry my face out. But I always later with hydrating toners and serums.

If anyone is battling really dry skin at nighttime, I highly suggest the CeraVe Healing Ointment.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I wash my hands a lot, like OCD level, so I moisturise my hands every so often or they get cracked and bleed around the knuckles.

But I am very choosy about which moisturiser I use. In my experience, lots of moisturisers are fine while you're using them, but when you aren't your hands somehow end up worse because they're used to getting moisturised. I'm sure there's a science reason.

I find Simple moisturiser and soap the best.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Yes every day after a shower, skin is the biggest organ, keep ignoring, reason some of you fuckers at 25-30 and already look 50...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I should start, as I've been working out over the pandemic I've started developing some new stretch marks in places and reading up on them seems that moisturizing is a way to try and pre-empt them somewhat.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Yes, daily and my whole face every day after shaving.

I want to make sure I look good for my kids' wedding pictures several decades from now.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Seb Derm sufferer so I don't use anything except the topical cream to keep it under control (which i guess is a moisturiser but I only use on the T-zone.) I'd like to moisturise all over but I daren't feed the naturally occurring fungi/mites.

Last edited:

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
using a mousturiser with SPF in conjunction with cleansers pretty much eliminated my maskne issues

thanks to the members here who provided the recommendations in that skincare thread

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I want to get ones that help my body hair grow, I'm really worried about losing my lovely chest hair and don't want to shave it off.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be worth it to moisturize if I have naturally oily skin? I use CeraVe foaming face wash every day to prevent acne and it dries my skin out a bit, but it usually recovers to a normal moisture "level" I guess. Slightly afraid adding moisturizer would cause me to break out, but idk.

Never really considered this before.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Had to start since the pandemic began because my hands were splitting open constantly from all the hand washing.

SneakyBeans

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I use moisturizer on my face every day. I should use it on the rest of my skin more often, but I rarely do. I'll use it on my hands multiple times a day if they're particularly dry. Otherwise they'll crack and bleed which extra sucks now that I use hand sanitizer all the time when I'm out

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yup head to toe after every shower. I use Olay Ultra Moisture Shae Butter on my body, doesn't leave me feeling greasy or anything. CerVe Moisturizing Cream on my face. And then O'Keefe's Healthy Feet on my well feet. Also Paula's Choice AHA Body Lotion every so often.

Not sure if I could manage more than once a day though. Aside from my feet I don't think I have very dry skin. Never had any real issues with cracked skin on my elbows or hands or anything no matter how cold/dry it was and even with increased washing of hands due to COVID.

Last edited:

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Nope, I'm pretty lucky with my skin. The winter is doing some damage to my hands, but a few days of O'Keefe's cream for feet (it was all I had) did the job.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't have dry skin (aside from my lips), but I do have a facial cream that I don't use every day, but a few times per week usually. It's more because of the UV protectant than the moisturizing qualities though.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have dry hands so I apply lotion to them throughout the day.

My face is twice a day during my skincare routine, and my body is once a day after a shower.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Cleanser > Toner > Moisturizer twice a day! Started about a year ago. Can never go back tbh, the results have been impressive

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, and I'm looking to improve on this with what I use. Gold bond isn't cutting it anymore. I got O'keefe's for my hands which has been a God send. Now to find a good face and body moisturizer.

Oct 27, 2017
Twice a day. Moisturizing becomes very important as you get older to maintain that youthful skin. Very easy to tell the difference between an old person that moisturizes and one that doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017
I put an SPF moisturizer on my face every morning after I shower [and on my exposed tattoos].

Don't wash / moisturize my face at night regularly, but sometimes.

Also take collagen every day since about a few months ago [noticing this helps quite a lot].

Also don't drink enough water :(

Note - I do none of this to prevent dryness, this is 100% to fight wrinkles / aging [I'm 36, but look like I'm in my late 20s, mostly due to genes, not self-care].

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 35 and all I ever use on my skin is soap with oatmeal to exfoliate. I also stay properly hydrated by drinking lots of water and green tea. Smooth skin, smooth elbows, no complaints. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯