• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to prefer warm milk when I was a kid. Now I can't stand it. Ice cold milk all the way

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
One time I was trapped at a hotel in Champaign, IL during a blizzard and during breakfast, some eastern bloc dudes showed up and made up their cereal and put it in the microwave. You see plenty of backwards ass stuff in Champaign, IL, but the euros went straight to the top of the list.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I remember when a friend made Ready Brek for us once and I asked what the fuck he was doing when he microwaved it. Next time I was down in his place (we were kids, many years ago now) I heated the milk in the microwave first then poured it over the cereal. He quickly learned which was the better method.

Microwaving the entire thing together turns it into an unpalatable mush, so no, I don't do that. And Ready Brek would be the only cereal I'd ever heat milk for anyway.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
No.

First time I ever saw someone microwaving their cereal was my uncle when he was visiting us from England.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Do you cheese grate your bread?
Do you blend your steak?
Do you sip coffee through a straw?

These are all threads that have as much right to exist as this one, yet we all correctly held our tongues. Why couldn't you do the same, OP?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Me, to other staff: [link to this thread] This is a troll thread? We can lock this --
Another staff member: No, I know people who do that
Me:
542115102804148264.gif

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oatmeal yes. Cereal . . . I mean it's wrong if it actually IS lukewarm, and not cold, let alone piping hot. What is going on in here

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I feel sick and I've only read the title, too scared to read OP's post.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
No, a big part of the experience is how refreshing it is to have them very cold even in the dead of winter.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, do people actually use a microwave for oatmeal, instead of properly using an oven. That's horrible, and as bad as microwaving water for tea and coffee.
Wait, an oven? I boil the water in a kettle, put the oatmeal in a bowl, and pour the boiling water onto it. I can't even picture doing it in an oven.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Wait, an oven? I boil the water in a kettle, put the oatmeal in a bowl, and pour the boiling water onto it. I can't even picture doing it in an oven.
I forgot to add stove top, but yeah boiling water in any other way is better than using a microwave for that purpose. The heat isn't evenly balanced, and the end result is just a mediocre mess.