• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I recommended a game to a buddy and he ended up buying it. A month later no trophies still, gives me a reason to interrogate him into submission.

or just casually enquire about it

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
I used to, I used to enjoy using it as a way to chat with friends, comparing what we accomplished on games we shared. However, we had a competition at one point and it turned them off discussing it. One has even hidden his list. Makes me sad.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
No, I unlock achievements for my own amusement. I don't care about bragging rights with others.

Edit: oh wait I very occasionally check them just to see what they've been playing lately.

Last edited:

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
You people need a rival in your lives. I do this with one of my friends all the time. There are particular points during the year in which we use games to compete with each other.

Other than that, I don't really care about trophies/achievements.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
I usually check their achievements but mostly to check the stats that the Xbox app includes, like for Sea of Thieves you can see this info:

g9zaraki99t01.jpg

you also have games like Nier that track the important stats:
r49rurbrbj611.jpg

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox UI surfaces that stuff to you, so I guess the answer is yes but I don't intentionally seek it out.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Yes, I love Xbox achievements. Beyond TrueAchievements itself, I have been into some relatively simple gamerscore races back in the day. The integrated monthly gamerscore ranking is a neat feature.

I also like to see which games my main gaming friends are currently playing.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I used to all the time last gen but I barely go to my friends' profiles anymore. If I do it's just to see how far someone has progressed and can talk to them about stuff without spoiling anything.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I stopped caring about it halfway through the Xbox 360 generation.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
On occasion, but it's mostly when a friend and I are playing the same game and talking about it, so I can see if we're on / near the same areas for progression, or if we're competing for something (like say, THPS).

For the vast majority of my friends list though, I don't care that much. Just my close friends who I see / talk to on a regular basis.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Only If they own Nier:A, in which case I make sure that they don't have the upskirt achievement or I unfriend them. Joking. Or am I? I am.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i look to check story progress or if they've gotten a trophy I haven't yet. if i see they have a fairly high platinum count I'll check and see what those games are.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
If some of us are playing games side by side I like to see how far I am as opposed to them, the last game I did this for was FF7R and it's incredibly rare otherwise.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not as much as I used to. I remember times when I could say, "Wow, I can't believe they got the platinum to that. Cool." Now, it's more like, "They played what garbage that took an hour to 100%???" It's not worth taking a peek.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
The only time I do is if we're playing the same game just to see their progress through the story. Other than that, nah, I don't pay attention to trophies.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
If I get a friend request its part of my decision to actually accept the friendship, based on which games have been played and how far they did go.
Same interest -> Yes, otherwise...

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I check on them everyone once in a while, I like to see how people generally approach games im interested in playing. Things like getting collectibles during the first playthrough, what story path they took, first difficulty they played on, etc

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Not really, I've probably done it less than 5 times overall lol, but I do check mine from time to time to see what games I played back in 2010-2013.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I only look at it on steam, and really just as a proxy to see how far they got. I honestly don't like the concept and wish I could completely hide and turn it off

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Yeah, sometimes I want to see how much progress someone has made on a game, especially if I value their opinion/taste.

Amakusa

Nov 2, 2017
Very much yes. Not in any sort of a competitive way, just interesting to see what they are playing and how far they got in the game.

This is pretty much me. It's a cool way to check how much time a friend spent with a game/ how much they engaged with it. Occasionally this helps me with my backlog and the decision of what to play next. :)
It's also a nice way to get an overview about a player's gaming preferences, especially if I don't know them personally and just added them because of other reasons. Do they play mostly JRPG or sports games? Do they barely play any games at all? Might be a new PS4 owner or the PS just isn't their main gaming platform. Or just busy with their life outside gaming. I'd love to get a "time played" stat on PlayStation, btw.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even look at my own. I sure as hell don't care about anybody else's.

SoopaMan2K

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes. Only if the game is Co-Op. I don't want to join their game if they're ahead of me or vice versa. To prevent spoilers of course.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even look at my own trophies.

I do look at my friends' play times on Switch though. It's fun to compare how much time we spend on a game.