• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
What an odd false dichotomy. A lot of country's capitals are nowhere near their largest city (my own included)

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
No. Only romans want to live in Rome. The quality of life is not good, even compared to other big italian cities like Torino, Bologna or Milano.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I live about 3000km away from my country's capital and 800km from any "big" city.

It sucks. Ottawa isn't really on my radar though. Vancouver would be my dream city.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Nope. In Ireland's case Dublin is the biggest city by a wide margin, but also grossly overpriced in every sense and full of pricks. I lived in the 2nd largest city for 7 years but much happier now in a medium sized town.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
live in nyc so no but I can't see myself ever leaving the big city life regardless of where

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Short of me somehow ending up in politics randomly, I would not choose to move to the US capital. There are so many better, larger, more interesting cities in the U.S. than D.C.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Thread premise is a bit silly. Edinburgh is our capital but I live in Glasgow, our biggest city. And I love living in a big city life, I'm a 20 minute walk from the city centre and don't think I could acclimate to living more outside of the city.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
No, but it's just a 30 minute train/car ride away, so 🤷‍♂️

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
No but I used to and do miss it sometimes. If I got a decently paying job offer, I would probably move back.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I'm 2 hours from DC and have no desire to live in it or even close to it. I wouldn't mind living near a little bit more populous area but I wouldn't want to live anywhere with a population above 100k or so.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yep, along with close to 50% of the country's population lol

I would love to move south though

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I did. The capital changed to Berlin though.
I still live in Bonn though.
It's not a huge city. It's more like a city with a small town feel. :P

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I live in my state's capitol, no where near enough money for DC though.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I live right outside of DC. I don't think I could stand living in city for too long and would prefer a day trip or long weekend.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I grew up in Amsterdam and stayed there until I was 30 and then was forced to move out because my apartment wasn't big enough for the two of us and you basically have to be a CEO of a company in order to pay for the houses in that city.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Nope. Have absolutely no desire to live anywhere near London.

grBImxVocQsW.gif

NuSUoVp7XE8p.gif

sven

Oct 31, 2017
No I don't live in DC. I live in a town of 1800 people in central Illinois. I have no desire to ever live in a city.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I don't live there. I stayed for about 8 weeks doing a project once. It could barely be called a city. Itd more like big suburb with fantastic museums.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Yes (Paris), and I couldn't imagine live in anything other than one the top 3 biggest cities (Lyon, Marseille) in this country anyway. Give me people, movement, energy, thanks.

I don't care for calm and quiet but fortunately for those who do there are many places in France very comfortable for their lifestyle.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'm about a ~12 hour drive from Washington DC.

With states in the US, the capital isn't always the biggest city in a state, it's usually a mix of geographical convenience and population size. Most states have their state capitals in some place that is geographically convenient for most of the state while also being a decent sized city, not necessarily the biggest city.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. But Prague is one hour away or less by car.

I was living there and it was good, always something to do and go to. But during this shitstorm, I'd rather be here in my little town.
man, i'd love to live in central Europe, you're always a drive away from something new to see.