• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
I do science with neutrons and muons (think heavy electrons), so I get to travel to nuclear reactors and particle accelerators around the world. I think that's really cool. Other than that though, I'm a very boring person.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
vk7kEed.jpg

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I'd say I live an interesting life relative to the average, depending on how one measures that (certainly keeps me stimulated).

I run a videogame developer and publisher which is interesting in itself in terms of working with smart creative people on innovative things with constant new challenges and opportunities. But that also has me interacting regularly with the film and music industries, and traveling almost monthly all over the world to 22 different countries to date (and another new one in a few months). I've met a few heads of state, high ranking government officials, and a number of celebrities. I have good friends I hang out with from across several countries, that range from those working behind bars and waiting tables to entrepreneurs worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and from college students through to people in their 70s. My romantic relationships have been varied and fun. Outside of that, I like to entertain and am a fairly good cook, have the chance to eat great food from a wide range of cultures, enjoy amateur photography, and have even represented my country internationally in sport including being team captain at that level. I'm getting back into creative writing, will be designing and building out my first garden this summer, and am trying to learn Spanish. Along the way I've collected various oddball stories from finding myself amid the panic of the Vegas shooting to an overly drunken "adventure" on a night out in Budapest.

Life is good, and to me at least it's pretty interesting. Sometimes you end up just kind of lost and busy in it all, but when I get the chance to take a step back and take it all in I appreciate and am thankful for all I have and the sacrifices people like my parents made to help me get here.

Mar 22, 2019
Yeah i think so....love my job and make the most living this life - i've worked hard to get where I am and made plenty of sacrifices - so make sure i enjoy myself with my wife.
But i travel and try to do the right thing: in the last 7 years been to Everest Base Camp, Antarctica, traveled around Australia/NZ and have 2 dogs and a kitten with climbing Mount Kilimanjaro later this year on the cards.

Social life is ok, i wish sometimes i had more friends but thats the way it goes. I enjoy video games as a hobby and generally look forward vs backwards; so yes - yes i have an interesting life!

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Work, yes. I try to get people out of psych wards (legally) every week against doctor's wishes.

Home, nah. Just a married guy with dogs who loves relaxing with his family. It'll get more interesting when we have kids I suppose.

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I could take my life I would, that's how uninteresting my life is.

Only thing I have going for me is my wife.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Interesting enough, I guess. I just don't do enough of just one thing to get bored by it. And i'm lucky to have amazing friends and people close to me to keep things fresh and fun.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I've done some pretty cool stuff in my life, more recently being the ability to travel. I've worked hard to get into the comfortable position that I'm in with a good job that I enjoy, but my daily life isn't anything spectacular to brag about except for getting recognized as "employee of the month" on my project when I didn't think anyone paid any mind to the stuff that I do.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
No. I love being boring and get really frustrated when interesting things get in the way.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I make videogames, have 6 kids, and live in & visit different countries. I'd say my life is definitely unusual.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of do lol but I don't like it. I just want my simple life in the country with a farm, kids, lots of natural sounds at all times of the day and growing old with my husband Alex.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
An interesting life is interestingly subjective. Your boring life is maybe very interesting for me 🙄

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Life is a lot more mundane than people let off.

Even the most interesting of lives comes with a whole lot of mundane. Once you meet enough people living different kinds of lifestyles or even dating enough people who often sell themselves online on social media or dating apps as "interesting" you'll find that it's often not the case.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Work life? nah
Sex life? eh, it's okay
Hobby Life? Hell yeah, Im into year two of my climbing career, right now its getting interesting with dedicated training, talking nerdy with my friends about climbing and sending hard projects every month.

But if you could call this interesting, I don't know.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Internally, yes (and in ways I could probably never talk about publicly).

In a more "exterior fashion" (in terms of a career, relationships and whatnot), no, to the point that I've probably crossed the barrier of being someone who has "wasted their life" by the metric of (probably) a lot of people.

It's definitely a concern - we all need to at least pay our bills, and having some kind of forward momentum in life is always necessary - but as a value-neutral reply to the question "have you lived an interesting life?" my answer would probably be "absolutely".

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I try to express a legit intellectual curiosity as a virtue, so I guess my life is interesting by virtue of my being interested (which is to say 'somewhat').

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'm basically a hermit living under a rock. I don't leave the house and like it that way. I draw and write stuff so there's that.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
- One of the admins for an infamous (in some circles) message board I'd rather not name.

- Been a human lab rat since 2011. I volunteer for clinical trials for a living. Hoping to begin cutting back on doing these next year by giving AirBnB a shot.

Other than these two details, I'm pretty damn boring. Never travelled outside the US, and don't particularly care to hang out with anyone. I'm largely content to just lurk in online message boards, watch some YouTube channels, a little Netflix here, and a little gaming there.