• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like your name?

• Yes, I like it

Votes: 378 78.1%
  • No, I don't like

Votes: 84 17.4%
  • I actually want to change my name

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • I hate my name that I actually legally changed it

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • I did like my original name, but I changed it anyway

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
My name is Christian. I really don't mind it so much, the only time it bugs me is when I worked retail and old people would always come up and say "Hi christian are you a christian" and then I would have to awkwardly avoid the question because I was not religious in a pretty religious area. I kinda like how my Norwegian family spells my name with a K so I thought about just doing that but eh.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I dig it. It's not a rare name by any means, but it's not common enough that I've run often into someone sharing it in places where it would be annoying. Unless Momoa's rise to fame is going to start making it annoying in a decade or two.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I have an extremely common first name and a relatively common English last name.

It's the name of a prototypical boring white guy. Which is exactly what I am.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I have the most basic first name (3 letters) and the most convoluted, weird ass family name that nobody who's not French can pronounce.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I like my name a decent amount. I'm genderqueer and have considered just going by my first initial (Z) despite how god damn predictable that is since basically that's what everyone calls me anyway. I think about it a fair bit and honestly I'm pretty torn on it.

Oct 26, 2017
No. I'm a junior and suffixes suck ass, plus my dad was an abusive asshole and is best to be forgotten.

I'm sorry man. This doesn't really happen here so I've always found it cruel and a bit fascinating, like for someone in your position where their dad's a dickhead and you're forcibly reminded every day. Or in say RDJ's case a 50 odd year old man still called "junior". It would drive me mad. Like a denial of identity from birth. I've got friends who have happily changed their names because of their feelings towards having their dad's surname. You should pick a name you like and change it. Although just looked and it looks pretty expensive to change your name in the US, it's about £40 here. :/

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Mine isn't very common in the UK and considered pretty pompous middle class. It got a lot of laughs at school (which I hated). I'm ok with it now.

Oct 27, 2017
I love my name. My initials spell JAM, so it's hard not to like it. My parents and sisters didn't piece that together until I mentioned it once and we all had a laugh about it. The only part that's ever been an "issue" (it's 100% not an issue) is that I find Americans have a really difficult time pronouncing my last name. They either get it spot-on or find a new way to butcher it. Always confused me because it's a simple last name. It's been butchered a lot, but I just laugh and say "close enough, ya."

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My name is common as fuck, both first and last. My mom claims she didn't know my last name was that common and thought it would be unique enough, but she was very wrong. As for my run of the mill first name, my mom says it just came to her and she thought it was perfect. It's also the name of one of my uncles, so I'm sure everyone in the family thought it was an odd choice, but my mom just gets taken away on her flights of fancy a lot.

I've thought of changing it, but then I'd have to hear about it for the rest of my life lol.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The relationship I have with my name is similar to my voice.
I adore it, but it leans on masc which I'm not crazy about. Depends on how I feel.

The name I chose for myself I love equally to my name, so I go by both.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I have a really nice name.

I also have a really complex reason for the thought of changing my entire name being on my mind, but I'd never do it because it would ruin my relationship with my family.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The names Michael and John are about as generic nothingness as you can get if you are brought up as unreligious as can be but the taint of religious tradition still hangs over us. Not that I dislike them but I don't answer to Mike or Mikey or any derivation lol Have no desire to change and I can affect a Michael J thing if I wanted to be cheesy. They are just a boring safe name and middle name. Very middle of the road. Which I am so it works out.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
I truly have an awesome last name, so no complaints. Pop culture has propped it up on a pedestal which I'm super thankful for.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind it so much, because if people Google my name a much more famous person will always top the results. My full name makes me sound like a bit of pretentious prat, though.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hated it growing up, but I've come to love it. I've always been complimented for its relative uniqueness, and I now appreciate it largely for that reason.

I'll probably give a daughter a feminine sounding version of the name in the future (with my significant other's approval, naturally).

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
OP, wheres the indifference option? I dont really care. Never formed an attachment to my name. But I also dont really care about any other names either.

Oct 27, 2017
My first name is a very common and easy to pronounce male name. I guess I like it, but it's spelled a bit differently than usual. My parents thought they were on to something unique...

My middle name is shared by a famous basketball player, so that's cool. People often ask me about that.

I have a very foreign/ethnic/non-English last name and that is very hard for most people to pronounce. Teachers and peers in grade school always had trouble saying it lol. Sometimes I wish I had a super generic name like John Smith lol.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
My deadname? Honestly I had no strong opinions one way or another, but it was an extremely gendered name so it had to go.
My new name? I'm pretty into it.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I go by a nickname that's a shortened version of my birth name, but I don't really mind my birth name all that much.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about my name. It works as both a male and female name but I might change it after I come out as trans to my family.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I like it. It's pretty international and, while common, but not a name you hear every day. I feel it fits me just fine too.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I used to hate my name. But then I found out I share it with a bunch of fictional characters I really enjoy even if it's not always spelled the same.

Kain Highwind, Kain the Vampire and Kainé (spelt like mine but pronounced differently) from NieR.

I do still hate when people ask me I have to say either "like Cain and Abel" or "like the wrestler" for people to get it though

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
My first name is fine. It's a very old name that I share with a saint. I don't like my middle name at all though, it's a name that was trendy around the time I was born, so there are lots of late 30s men out there with the same one. I don't like the way it sounds and both of my names are two syllables, so it just sounds awkward to me.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
My name is Pedro Felipe and I kind like it, but is very common name here in Brazil, so I would like to have a more unique name.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I like it a lot nowadays but I used to have to correct people on how it's spelt when I was younger which was a bit annoying. Doesn't happen too often anymore though thankfully.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No, and my name is a bit of a joke because a literary series has a hero with the same name and it's definitely a none heroic name.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I was picked on a lot when I was younger because my first and last name rhyme." ............eats raw balls" was the line. *sweaty flashbacks*

I don't give a shit now.