• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So I worked from home today as what was intended as a test, and will likely be more long term because of a city order. And I don't think I like it. Having all my stuff here and all this other stuff I could be messing just makes it clear that I could be doing something else. And I'm just handing over all this time to work.

Plus I can't really walk downstairs to get a snack or walk across the office to ask someone a question. The small breaks to do semi-work things.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
In moderation. Mondays and Fridays work from home, and Tuesdays through Thursday coming into the office is the ideal arrangement for me.

But then I have a 10 minute commute. Could imagine loving it *a lot* more if I had to deal with traffic.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Depends.

If I'm drowning in work, it's amazing because I become significantly more efficient

If I don't have as much pressure on me, it gets bad because I become so unmotivated and do other things

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Hate it. I am an introvert but even I like human interaction. Even email is down 60%. Work is not happening.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Been doing it for years, love it. Saves me so much wasted unpaid time on bullshit commuting. So much more free time for games/movies/exercise in the evening.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I get how online learning is possible in college when students are meant to be much more independent and self-directed, but it seems damn near impossible to properly educate high school students from home. I'm working to put together lessons, materials, and assignments, and it just feels so bleh. Education is supposed to be communal and this is really not.

It's a bit trying.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. My productivity might not be 100%, but my mental state is much better, and I still get everything I need to done.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Love it.

Been doing it for years and won't go back. Being able to go to the gym or for a run during lunch. Prepping dinner late in the afternoon. So many benefits.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yea, I typically get more done. It's also just more comfortable. I mean why even go into an office in the 90 degree heat in a stuffy polo shirt and khakis anyways? What is there at all to benefit from that? Working from home just saves everyone time and I hope the world takes notice for real after this.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. I live alone and I kind of feel like I'm losing my mind already.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Been doing it everyday since 2017. Would never change it and it's the reason why my wife and I aren't fucked now because of the virus lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I find it easier to actually get things done. Less chance of getting bothered, or at least it's easier to blow someone off if they do bother me.

The way I think, I take more breaks (essentially, like just grabbing tea or clicking at something else) sure, but I'm more motivated when actually doing something. It makes me feel like it's preventing me from doing something, rather than making me think "well, I'm stuck here for x more hours anyway".

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to get depressed working at home for extended periods at home.

It gets lonely.

I used to think I'm more productive due to less people walking up to you asking for stuff but instead they just email, Skype or call.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Working at home my boss wants us to log everything we are doing all day...

At the office our supervision is pretty much zero.

I'll take the office. Nice to get out of the house too.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
No I wouldn't and my refusal to do so so far is working. Though it may not for much longer. I think there's a work and life balance that gets messed up when you are basically always at work and I don't really want that happening if I can help it.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I did it last Friday and I enjoyed waking up a little later and I managed to be pretty focused for a good 6-hours while also interspersing various household chores in between. It was nice.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Hate it. I am not exactly a huge extrovert but staying inside with no communication besides maybe a quick Skype call is driving me insane. Productivity is down for sure and on top of that I feel as if the line between work life and home life is gone.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes because of how much time I'm saving not commuting.

If I had a short commute, I'd prefer coming in to work and working from home only once or twice a week.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It's a curse and a blessing. When I did it I was actually decently productive, but holy hell the distractions are hard to ignore.

never

Oct 28, 2017
Being able to work from home 2-3 days a week is ideal. Working from home every day is too much.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Done it this week with potentially another 4. It's not what I thought it would be. I miss the social interaction and really the only thing I'm grateful for is I don't have to commute. I'm home alone all day and not looking forward to another month of this.

Really glad my son will be around for two weeks due to school closing. Just watching him play fortnite with his friends will be better than this.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I like it so far, just started later this week. Roll out of bed and turn my computer on, and the TV, grab a controller and multi task.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Absolutely. I work from home 3 days per week and have been doing 5 days this week due to the virus. I would love working from home 5 days forever.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yes and no. The extra 2 hours a day I get back without having to commute is really major, but at the same time I have a really hard motivating myself to be more active. When I'm in the office I'm much better about getting up, walking around and what not. Same with eating. I want to snack more when I'm at home and worse about sticking to fixed meals and just meal prep in general. Accomplishing work isn't hard and I don't get distracted or put things off when at home, but I have a much harder time maintaining an overall healthier routine compared to when I work in the office.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I miss the social interaction, but I like how it can be quiet all the time. But then the dumb laptop is too slow and so is the internet, so I feel less productive overall. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it's been okay but not great. Maybe once or twice month.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's ok. I live 3 blocks from work so that isn't really an advantage. Also, I've noticed now that I'm at home I'm more likely to eat more during the day.

It is sweet being able to get errands done easier and have the tv show Snapped running all day in the background though. And I may or may not have taken a few impromptu 30-min naps in the late afternoon.

Oct 28, 2017
I have never liked it for more than a day. I like not having to commute, not buying gas or lunch is sweet but my mind needs a line of demarcation. Plus even with my VOIP phone working from home and a sexy new laptop, I need to be able to talk to people face to face. And ...people don't think working from home requires concentration and i keep getting interruptions.

When this is all over I'm going back to my office like:

"You could work with your own family, and where did that bring you... back to me."

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I've been doing it full time for 7 years. I save so much money not having to spend on clothes, gas, toll. I setup an office area at my place, get to work in comfy clothes, listen to music and eat when I want. I still have to clock in and out like any other job but I get to control my environment.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I've been working primarily from home for a few months now and I absolutely love it. Any downtime is time to rest, play video games, run errands. It's great.

I am kind of bummed out now that my wife is working from home and now my daughter isn't going to daycare because with their higher-than-normal needs my freedom have effectively been stripped away.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I like it enough that I'm definitely going to work from home when I'm eligible in a few months, but probably not more than a few days a week, 'cause I get restless when I'm at home all day and easily distracted.