• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So last night I'm drinking a blue with orange squeezed and I naturally do that "ahhhhhhhh" as the fizz bubbles in my throat. Side note, impossible burger is pretty good! I had it with some pan fried potatoes and sautéed spinach...YumYum.

The beer was ice cold, and I told my girl damn that was good. I'm looking at the beer, and thinking, this doesn't taste good though? I'm dropping orange peels and squeezing lemons etc...to make beer better, but it's always bitter and kinda unpleasant, there's just something bout it that works? I'm thinking it's the alcohol, but i rarely have shots or make drinks from vodka or whisky and I have built a nice bar with some goodies over the years.

I dunno do you guys like beer or just like it's slight buzz effect?

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Absolutely. Beer is one of my favorite beverages, with so many varieties to enjoy.

I'm really into the craft beer scene in New England. If beer had no alcohol, I'd still regularly drink it.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like to pair beers with super fatty/greasy food like a really dope burger. But I see people who always drink beers with meals and I'm like nah, I prefer to drink water.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Beer as in lager? Because there's thousand of beers that taste differently.

But yes, I love me some beer, especially a good craft beer.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I love the taste of some beers and don't like the taste of others.

IPAs, Stouts, and Lagers are generally pretty good. I don't like weizens all that much.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I like craft beers, but "store-bought" beers all taste pretty much the same to me, and I don't really like them.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I like something with some fruit to heft to it.

I hate IPAs, Lagers, most of the traditional "beer" flavors.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amber and wheat beers are always pretty great.

Kolch can be good too.

From there, most kinds of beers have at least a few good varieties. But there is a lot of terrible beer out there.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Certainly I love the taste of some beers. Most of what I drink alcohol wise is beer. I live in an area with a lot of local breweries and back when I would go out to eat I'd have a wide variety to choose from and the vast majority of the time I liked what I drank.

If it was just about getting drunk there are faster ways to do it.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
As the saying goes "beer is an acquired taste."
I have found that is not exactly true.

It's more, "beer is always an acquired taste."
You simply acquire it faster as you drink more beer.

I love most beers.
I have never acquired the taste for trippels or other Belgium type beers.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the taste of beer. I'm not fond of most IPA's or stout but gimme an ale and I'm happy. Lager goes down easy too. Taste wise my fav is either a blonde or Amber ale. I've got really fond of Doom Bar at the moment.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
as someone who grew up in a religious household that banned alcohol, and only recently broke free of that -

it's absolutely disgusting :D

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, I've tried dozens of different variety, they are are bitter and disgusting, even the ones people claim are citrus forward or lighter are bitter to me.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
As with most things, it depends on the beer.

I enjoy the lager and ales and stout variety, but I can't stand IPAs...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, prefer the taste to just about any other beverage.

The cheap beer brands; budweiser, miller, etc are all pretty awful in their natural forms, terrible in their "ice" forms, and tolerable in their light forms while tailgating in the heat or playing softball. I enjoy almost all craft beer except sours and fruit beers, definitely have preferences, but I'll never turn my nose up at a wheat beer just because is isn't my favorite.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the taste - mainly IPA's and some darker beers. I personally like bitter/hoppy flavors. I feel like drinking black coffee is similar in that your palate just becomes accustomed to it the more you drink it.

On the other hand, most light/domestic beers are now undrinkable for me, they taste disgusting.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yes, there are man different flavors and types. Hell types within types are very different. I have a few that I like but I'm always down to try more flavors.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Beer and all other alcohols are disgusting at first. Your body knows this, as it is poison. Then your brain rewires itself due to its intoxicating effect and forces you to enjoy the flavor. Stupid brain.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I love beer because there's such a wide variety of flavors, ABV, hoppiness, maltiness, carbonation, etc. On same days, I could go a fancy craft beer that costs like $20 for a four pack. On other days, I'm happy to crush a macro beer or two on my front porch as I bake in the sun. It's been an extremely long time since I've gotten drunk off of beer, though. I just enjoy the effervescence, the slight buzz, and the rainbow of flavors.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I didn't at first, but gained a taste for it after being exposed to craft beers since there's all sort of flavors and levels of bitterness out there. There's plenty out there I think are completely awful.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Not really at all. I've tried a few that didn't make me spit it out immediately after but there's never been a beer that I've tried that I've actually liked.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Beer is absolutely disgusting. It doesn't help that when I was growing up my dad was WAY into microbrewing, so the house always smelled like hops.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
I like many different type of beers. Even like sour beer somewha these days too.

Lager, pilsners, stouts, pale ales etc etc. Mainly come down to what mood i am in tho.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Absolutely. Beer is one of my favorite beverages, with so many varieties to enjoy.

I'm really into the craft beer scene in New England. If beer had no alcohol, I'd still regularly drink it.
Me too! I love it. I wish I could find NA beer that tasted and smelled as good as the regular.

I love brewing it too, experimenting with all sorts of styles and additives and different hop profiles.
Such a fun hobby.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tastes great. I drink it cause I enjoy it. Unlike liquor where I drink to get drunk.

Deraldin

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand beer. Micro or macro brews, everything I've tried has been various flavours of fucking awful. I've given up trying to find something that I can tolerate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯