• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• I do

Votes: 403 86.9%
  • I do not

Votes: 61 13.1%

• Total voters

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The story is basically just a mashup of dystopian fiction tropes (1984, Brave New World etc), but it's still very entertaining overall.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
For a moment I thought this was that terrible movie where people curve bullete trajectories by swinging their arms like idiots.

I can't say I've seen this one, and it looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought this was that terrible movie where people curve bullete trajectories by swinging their arms like idiots.

I can't say I've seen this one, and it looks like I dodged a bullet there.
16 year me loved Wanted and called the keyboard scene one of the greatest moments in cinematic history.

Curving the bullet was the least of that movies problems though.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
This movie would be much better if it was like an hour...these are the only scenes I really remember actually:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool cast, great action. Maybe not the most original or thought provoking script, but not every movie needs to be a fucking Oscar contender. Sometimes I just want to see some wild, stylish gun fighting.

Besides, it's not up it's own ass the way Ultraviolet is.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love this movie. My friends and I saw it in the 1 theater in LA it was showing. Thought it was great then, still think it holds up now.

I imported the HD-DVD from Japan because it never came out here (and screw Blu-ray it's never taking off!)

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I caught the last half on Japanese cable the other day and yes, it is still a glorious cheesy action movie.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I enjoyed it at the time but I haven't seen it in full for pushing 15 years.

It was a bit on the nose in terms of social commentary but you can never go wrong with a film where Sean Bean gets shot in the face through a book!

Surprised he's never directed anything since Ultraviolet. I know there was a lot of acrimony in post-production but he's written a number of pretty big films since so it's not like he's been cast out of Hollywood.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Yup.

Love the intro scene where he shockingly says BURN IT, the puppy scenes, and nearly everything in between.

I think it's a solid little sci-fi movie.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I wish the poll allowed multiple votes, because I kinda both do and don't like Equilibrium. It tries so hard not to be campy, it ends up crossing that line twice and ends up being ultra campy. Which is sort of an enjoyable thing in and of itself. It's about as "stupid-fun" as dystopian works get.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
It wasn't too bad. Why can't I vote that? It's got batman and Sean bean as a villain that dies in it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's OK. Like 2.5 stars out of 5. Felt like a lazy attempt to capitalize on the success of the Matrix films. I never much cared for Christian Bale - seems like a poor man's version of a good actor.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
It's worth a watch. I enjoyed it at the time but it has aged badly - not so badly however that I wouldn't recommend seeing it if you get chance.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the most fun movies I have ever seen. The last third just goes fully insane and I loved everything about it.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Not really.

It's boring and predictable. Worst of all, upon revisiting it, I found the action to be really quite bad.

Gets points for Angus Macfadyen hamming it up though.