• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• I do

Votes: 608 81.9%
  • I do not

Votes: 134 18.1%

• Total voters

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yes. On paper it seems like I would hate it, but it's strangely addictive.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It reminds me of rancid trash, the odor. Like hints of a trashcan.

I love it though.

Conflict.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yes, I love all pickles. I ran out of kimchi, which I needed for my bibimbap... need to get that sorted tomorrow. It's such a versatile pickle. The juice is packed with flavour.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Had to smell it everyday at work during lunch for two years straight. Wasnt too bad for a month or so, but now the smell just makes me feel ill. Shame as I never got to try it. I know people swear by it, so maybe sometime down the road I'll try to revisit it.

Anath

Oct 25, 2017
It's so good. There's a bbq place in my Austin suburb that does a kimchi brisket banh mi. It's amazing.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
I love it. Me and the wife makes our own, we just finished making a batch on Christmas actually. Made a run to Korean Town in LA and bought 15lbs of napa cabbages, and everything else needed to make it.

I must say it has done wonders for our healthy gut biomes lol.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I love it. Only about 20% of a jar gets eaten with a meal. Usually I'm in the fridge for something else, see it, and help myself to a fork full then put it back. This might happen 1-3 times a day.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Like it in all different ways. Like less fermented and fresh for that nice refreshing taste, heavily fermented for that pickley sour taste that cuts through grease, stewed, and cooked with processed junk food(great with cheese or/and spam)

I've had some in Japanese and Chinese restaurants and they seem to have their own spin on it. It was more sweet and watered down which I didn't enjoy at all.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Loved it all my life. I'm Greek but my father loved all foods and loved Kimchi. Hard to get were I live now which sucks. Actually craving it now.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yup. Not just with Korean foood either. Goes well in a quesedilla or with eggs as something quick you can whip up for someone who can't really cook well.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I love it. On a side note, can you cook with kimchi? Does that ruin all the beneficial bacteria, or is kimchi just something that's best eaten raw?
I'm no expert, but I would assume it's the same as misso which has beneficial bacteria and from what I Googled on miso it just says it can't be boiled. So I bet can be heated, just not to hot basically to keep those bacteria. Bacteria or not, it tastes good as fuck in a lot of hot dishes

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
sautéing kimchi in a little butter is ridiculously good

but what isn't good when you put butter all over it

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've never had it. Though I have seen the costco "Spicy Kimchi" containers of it before and wondered what it was like. I don't know what I'm supposed to eat it with though.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've never had it. Though I have seen the costco "Spicy Kimchi" containers of it before and wondered what it was like. I don't know what I'm supposed to eat it with though.

I've never had good Kimchi from a grocery store and tried it serveral times. Unless it's a Asian grocery store it sucks.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
tfmluentjseubdrwwtqf.gif

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I like it, but the stuff at American grocery stores seems overpriced, and I can't really get to Chinatown much these days.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
love it

like it with my raw cauliflower and hummus. put it on sandwiches. it's great with a lot of things.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly tasty and probiotic.

Can help with a range of problem, from bad breath to helping ease auto immune conditions thsmat are gut based.