• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Besides the monetary value, does gold have any appeal to you?

Like jewelry or as part of your decor or something?

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Nope. Never cared for it. I prefer silver. My wife's wedding and engagement rings are white gold with lab created emerald and my wedding ring is tungsten carbide.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Nah, honestly I think it looks pretty tacky.

Not even like as "conspicuous wealth" thing; I think platinum and diamonds look pretty nice. Gold is just... meh? Piss-colored metal, oh boy.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
tenor.gif

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I like gold. I dont have the style to pull off wearing it but objects made of gold look amazing. Such a nice shine and texture.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't do a thing for me.. I don't own a thing in gold and between my wife and I, the only thing in gold we have is her wedding band. The only reason she has that is because the design wasn't available in another material. She has drawers of jewelery and nothing else gold at all.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
No. It looks terrible.
Also don't give a shit about its monetary value either.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I don't like jewelry generally. My wedding band is a family heirloom of sorts bht it's the only gold that I wear.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I can't think of anything that I own or have ever owned that has gold anywhere on it. However, I do think that the Gold Rangers from the various Power Rangers seasons looked cool. Also, I'm not completely against gold on fictional characters' costumes (like the gold shield on Tommy's green Power Rangers suit in MMPR).

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I like gold as a color within a palette, or small pieces of jewelry. But I've never had a serious desire to own large amounts of it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
For jewelry I prefer white gold if I had to choose gold. Otherwise silver or platinum look better, I think.

For decorative metals on home decor or kitchen gear or something, copper is by far my preference.

Oct 27, 2017
Very much. Don't own any silver colored jewelry. I love gaudy gold stuff! May be due to my name, meaning dragon. I'd love to hoard gold šŸ˜‚

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It looks gaudy and never compliments anything well.

It can work as a colour, but as a metal used to adorn things it is always hideous.