• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Hopefully they introduce terraforming in the next patch. I might reroll if they do.
They need to soft-reset the server at this point.
CTYeZafaEDR_wlPofZRL--drPoazQ3IaeTqGY7u_SjA.jpg
I'll concede, there's some damn good water.

Jun 3, 2018
The space expansion has been in development forever and we still can't build fusion reactors.
Bringing back the Nazis and Russia as villains is obvious Nostalgia-Bait and the bad guys in the Corona Event lack a descent AI.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
NPCs all having their own schedules is pretty cool but I think they went a bit overboard, it's sometimes impossible to find them when you need them. And worst of all fast travel isn't a feature so you can't just easily warp to them when you do track them down.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Honestly Earth has incredible world building but what the fuck happened with this year so far. Feels like they shit the bed and didn't know what to do with Earth.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Wow, Trump is a terrible main villain. Nowhere near as compelling as Robespierre back in Season 18, Napoleon in Season 19 or even Lenin in Season 20.

Who wrote Season 21? D&D?

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
this depression mechanic is fucking terrible. i hope they remove it in the next update

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
NPCs all having their own schedules is pretty cool but I think they went a bit overboard, it's sometimes impossible to find them when you need them. And worst of all fast travel isn't a feature so you can't just easily warp to them when you do track them down.
They added wireless communication a few years ago, so fast travel isn't really needed.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It's too damned grindy and boring. I mean, it can take 40-60 hours a week of just tedious repetition to get to the good parts.

And don't even get me started about the stamina system. 6-8 hours of sleep...every DAY!? I mean, you're looking at like maybe 8 hours a day where you're not logged off or grinding...and that's if you're lucky and you can run the daily quests from home or at least nearby. No fast travel and it can take hours to get to the nearest hub town? Gimme a break!

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Honestly just way way too much lore. Not only do you have a few hundred countries, they each have their own histories that is just way too much to read. Literally would take years to get even a basic understanding.

Then you've got characters. Jeezus Christ way too many to keep track of and there is barely even an MC or even main cast. As soon as you think you've got it figured out they swap main party members AGAIN. Then every character you encounter has their own history as well.

Don't even get me started on plot arcs.

Devs just seem way too self indulgent at this point.

Uhh a few hundred? Are you sure?

I think whoever made the animals did a good job.

Jun 3, 2018
Wow, Trump is a terrible main villain.

If you had followed the the lore more closely you'd know he was foreshadowed in some in-Universe show called The Simpsons.
Though after all this time you think they'd have gotten the model right. He glitches every time he has to walk up a ramp and the drinking animation is weird , probably because they made his hands too small. Amateur hour stuff.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's unfair that I was not able to choose the starting difficulty. Seeing all those people on explorer mode while I'm in crushing makes me salty.

Dec 25, 2018
The art style is too generic, wish the creature design wasn't restricted by a evolutionary based procedural generation simulation based around factors from the environment and the games timeline. No way is that going to produce fire breathing monsters the size of a mountain to act as bosses, and like someone else mentioned it led to closest things to that being wiped out. And it seems its only going to get more generic with how its favouring more balding apes than the creatures that are still around.

Its sequel should take notes from a popular JRPG.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is the worst BR game there is. Takes forever to loot, and the camping is insane, people literally spend years inside buildings hiding. The circle has been replaced with time.. and in the end, everybody will die anyway, whenever that may be since new players can just join mid game. I feel the best strategy is to create conflict and death on a greater scale to counter the massive influx of new players.

also too much focus on micro transactions, to many costumes and still you have to .. pay to play every day.

Atleast the 2020 season added an event to reduce players, not sure if I enjoy that mechanic.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This game is very unbalanced rn, and the lazy devs dont want to patch it

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the devs should step down and give the reigns to Monolith Soft or EPD, they're not doing a very good job right now

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I haven't even bothered with the game since they removed the lunar expansion.

That was by far the best addition to the game and they removed it after like a week and a half. Remember when the original roadmap showed like 25+ planned missions and then we ended up getting like 6.

Nah fuck that game. Maybe I'll check back if the Mars expansion ever actually comes out.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pandemic story line mixed with a super power's own incompetence is telling a poor story. So many dumb people in charge that don't give a crap. Too many deaths. I hate the story this season.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to attempt any further romance dialog trees until they patch in quicksave / quickload

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the open world. Most of it is just empty space with nothing to do. Also most of the rewards seem to be almost exclusively RNG based.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly unfinished
I told you not to kickstart it with millions
The developers are scammers

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
The gameplay is terrible, especially during the parenthood chapter and the work/job quest seems to never end, I hate that quest and the rewards are bad.
However the graphics are amazing, especially for a VR game. It's like 8k/120fps for each eye, or even better ?!

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, every new addition lacks the excitement of discovery of the first versions, banning Dinosaurs in the first place was a bad decision.
And please nerf cockroaches and mosquitoes.

The last virus arc is also badly made, it traveling so fast and npcs being so careless in their life (manifestations, really?) totally lacks realism, things like this would be resolved in a few weeks at most.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Any word if the devs are going to patch out the micro transactions? Also, the currently storyline we're in is garbage. Hoping the next expansion is a lot better.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
The LORE is too damn convoluted. Am I supposed to believe that the whole universe popped into existence by itself? Yeah right.

The devs try to reason this bullcrap by hiding behind buzz-words such as "quantum mechanics" and "relativism". Seems to me like they're running out of ideas, is it so difficult to hire an actually good writer? Sheesh.

Looking at ancient changelogs, the Darwin Event was when it all started going downhill if you ask me, too little respect for the established LORE by fraud new writers.

Jun 8, 2018
This pandemic online event has overstayed its welcome.

Edit: and the mod for the America server has a huge role in it being prolonged imho.