• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

do you like cait sith

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
His death is hilarious.

As a character, he's okay. He's weird and meta in a game where the weirdness is part of the fun. Even when he comes back from the dead, his dialogue pop-up just appears in the corner of the screen--"bad time?"--in a way that plays with how the game handles in-game cutscenes.

I wouldn't say I'm passionate about him, but I don't dislike him and I think he is an essential part of the game. Chose not to vote.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I didn't vote, since I don't really like or dislike Cait Sith. I like how he adds variety to the cast of characters, but his limit breaks suck, so I never use him in battle.

I dont mind his personality or story role, I just don't like the way he looks and moves in combat, him and Quina are the two FF characters I really dont like having in my party

Quina, on the other hand, is a boss whom I use as often as possible in my party.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Every character is important to the story in their own ways, even one as divisive as Cait Sith. I think that's one of VII's greatest strengths.
I completely agree. I always found Caith Sith a fascinating character, and sympathized with Reeve who could only share the adventures with all the other members remotely.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I loved him. I used him in battle. I'll use him again. And I thought he had a sad moment.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really care for the cat, it's whatever but that big mog is so off putting to me. I hate looking at it, get it away from me.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
For sure. But they didn't do a good job explaining this dude though. A lot of my friends that finished the game don't even remember who Reeve was.
I can't relate, that just seems like not paying attention to me. There are plenty of scenes that transition directly from Cait Sith being with the party to Reeve being in Shinra HQ. There's even a scene where Heidegger and Scarlet discover Reeve talking to the party through Cait Sith and have him arrested.

It's also made clear very early on that he's at least as important of an executive to Shinra as Heidegger, Palmer, and Scarlet are, being the only ones that attend President Shinra's meetings (aside from a brief visit from Hojo).

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Given how much Wutai was referenced in Remake compared to the Midgar section of the original, the idea Yuffie doesn't show up in the next parts of remake as a mandatory party member this time seems laughable
Nah, Square is going to give Cloud a fourth possible waifu. Too many Yuffie fans out there.

Yeah which is what I said. They are optional in the original won't be optional in the Remake. Of course they will be in. Remake is setting up Wutai to likely be a pretty big portion of whichever part it will be in and Vincent already has all his lore they just need to not have the Dirge Hojo x Lukretia shit

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be more than happy if Cait Sith & Yuffie's playable statuses were scrapped from the remake sequels but that's not going to happen.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I like Reeve. Cait Sith is hit or miss with me. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him in Remake.

OP
OP
hydrophilic attack
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nah, Square is going to give Cloud a fourth possible waifu. Too many Yuffie fans out there.
I feel like she's definitely too young for them to make her a waifu candidate in the remake. In the original, the gold saucer date with her is mostly played as a joke about how uncomfortable Cloud is with her advances due to the age difference, but I think that sort of joke wouldn't fly today

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
It's been 23 years and I'm still not sure how I feel about Cait Sith. Ask me again in another 20.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I like his character, but in the couple of times I've 100%'d FF7 he was easily the worst part of playing and not someone I use when just playing through casually.
I liked him in the spinoffs.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Cait Sith is up there with Red as my favourite fFVII party members. i love him lol.
I wasn't really a fan of the Scottish accent on AC though. It felt a bit too on the nose, and I never got that accent from the original.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I do like the idea of a character like Reeve in the larger context of the story and all, but that goofy-ass giant Moogle thing looked so dumb compared to every other character even in the original. His limit breaks were pure trash too. Worst character to use in battle by far.

I can't even picture how they could make the visual of that as a playable character work in the Remake tbh.

Oct 30, 2017
Yes I did.

And I cannot wait to see how they will handle the design in the Remake and try to not make it feel like out of place.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Cait Sith's field model back in the day through a CRT tv was unintelligible and I think lead to confusion, probably along with either bad translation or just poor explanation, as to what he was and is a factor in how the game always looked rough.
maxresdefault.jpg

When I played the game again years after the fact at a higher resolution and a wiki I was able to enjoy his character better and I do like him.

Plum

May 31, 2018
My initial introduction to him was when he ruined a pivotal cutscene in FFVIIr for me so, no, I don't like him lol

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Cait Sith's field model back in the day through a CRT tv was unintelligible and I think lead to confusion, probably along with either bad translation or just poor explanation, as to what he was and is a factor in how the game always looked rough.
maxresdefault.jpg

When I played the game again years after the fact at a higher resolution and a wiki I was able to enjoy his character better and I do like him.
lol yeah, I had no idea what to make of him when I was a kid.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Really outside of Cloud Tifa Barrett Aerith and Red XIII

The other characters could have been removed and have very little impact on the essence of FF7

Honestly, sometimes I feel like they're there to make up the numbers

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Really outside of Cloud Tifa Barrett Aerith and Red XIII

The other characters could have been removed and have very little impact on the essence of FF7

Honestly, sometimes I feel like they're there to make up the numbers
i disagree. i think cid is an integral part of the party

cait is the only mandatory member that feels superfluous, and vincent and yuffie were optional anyway so it's hard to make them feel essential

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I did like him. Oddball character but he was a fun enough addition. Yuffie and Vincent can do one though. Couldn't stand either of them.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I can't relate, that just seems like not paying attention to me. There are plenty of scenes that transition directly from Cait Sith being with the party to Reeve being in Shinra HQ. There's even a scene where Heidegger and Scarlet discover Reeve talking to the party through Cait Sith and have him arrested.

It's also made clear very early on that he's at least as important of an executive to Shinra as Heidegger, Palmer, and Scarlet are, being the only ones that attend President Shinra's meetings (aside from a brief visit from Hojo).

Keep in mind, this came out a long time ago and the people that played it in my age range were maybe 11. And they don't really give Reeve much to work with, he just sorta shows up sometimes and has some smaller scenes late game. I bet you I could talk to most of my friends that casually played through and they won't know who Zack was, lol. Weirdos like us live in a bubble and this game had broad appeal.