• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
The red score is reserved for games with a score below 50. There are not many of them.

I did a quick search and the only red game I found that I like is Cruis'n Exotica for the N64. There could be more. I last played it many years ago, and I remember I liked it quite a bit. I think I probably would find it reasonably enjoyable if I were to play it again.

So, are there any games with a red score that you like, ERA?

Edit: How to seach for low metascore games:

For current platforms go to Games > the platform > see all > all releases sorted by metascore
For old platforms search for nothing then go Games > select platform and sort by score

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was mainly looking through my favorite games, but the lowest I see is Flower, Sun and Rain at a 54 on metacritic.
I'll say the remaster will probably be hit just as hard when that finally comes.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't have time to run through the whole list before getting ready to go, but I saw Tamagotchi: Party On! for Wii, and that was real fun to me and my brother when it released.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, I remembered one.
I don't love it or anything, and I'm aware it's not good. But I had a bunch of fun playing Umbrella Corps multiplayer and that's a 38 on meta.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I liked a lot of them back on N64 when I was younger.

I had a blast with Superman 64, and Dual Heroes. Terrible terrible games, but I had fun.

I can't think of anything recent, but I know I still enjoy some bad games, because I often times there is something within them that I really enjoy, so I can push aside a lot of the bad, and just enjoy it for what it is.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Super rub a dub was a fun puzzle game, it wasn't that bad

Ephemeral Fantasia. It's a fairly solid albeit obtuse JRPG. I really enjoyed it.

Indeed. Great "Majora's Mask" mechanic and the music was cool. The rest was a bog standard RPG, and not in a really bad way either.

Plus you're a thief whose sidekick is an anthropomorphic guitar. What's not to love?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
220px-Calling_%28video_game_box_art%29.jpg

Found another one.
The Calling for Wii.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Sonic 2006 is a 46% on Metacritic and while there are a lot of obvious gripes I have with the game, my general policy of avoiding game stories until after the fact went a long way to me retaining enjoyment of the game. The openness of at least half the levels is something I wish more Sonic games had, frankly.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I had fun with:

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Duke Nukem Forever
Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
Cortex Command

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I don't adore the game, but I think Extinction is better than a 47.

VbzDb4n.png

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla PS4 was low budget but I found the combo system addictive and the multiplayer fun.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival was a fun casual board game with some decent fanservice.

Devil's Third was enjoyable for a playthrough.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I've had fun with Fallout 76 more than the score, but I can't say given the condition it launched in and the greed it didn't deserve the mark it got.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Devil's Third, it's far from a good game, but not nearly as bad as critics made it out to be.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The lowest rated game I can see that I've played is Valhalla Knights 2 with 50, and that deserves lower honestly

I'm sure there are some people here who like Umbrella Corps lol

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The closest thing for me is Shadow the Hedgehog. It scored 45 and 49 on PS2 and XBOX respectively, but thankfully I dodged that bullet and played the GC version which scored a 51.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Bomberman: Act Zero. Sitting at 34 on metacritic.

Still the same basic gameplay loop as regular bomberman. Sure they ripped out every bit what you could call the soul of bomberman, but I still enjoyed it.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen people stan for Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, and on the old forums there was a large enough community that would aggressively defend Devil's Third. Both are absolute trash.

I personally though the Korra and TMNT platinum games were fun. I'll admit they were also bad, but I enjoyed my single play through of each well enough.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2e35c2b5-9bcd-4db4-91c4-a6fd33f32d65._CR0,1,1125,1500_PT0_SX300__.jpg

I just completed and had a good time with Destiny Connect on the Switch. It's a game where YMMV, but I found it to be stupidly charming.

A bit on the short side; 13-16 hours and they reuse enemy models shamelessly, but I still really enjoyed it. I'd give it a personal score of like a 7, but it's going to depend entirely on the player.

Shame this game got such low scores, it's actually pretty decent.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Going through these games slowly, I've barely played any of them let alone liked them...

I probably played NCAA Final Four 2001 (49ovr), but I was always a MArch MAdness fan, not 989/Sony Sports basketball games. But because this was the first one for PS2, I probably played it and probably liked it. I have no memory of it though almost 20 years later.

Oh, ROller Coaster Tycoon 2: Wacky Worlds (49). I probably never bought this individually, but I definitely liked it:

gosh there's a lot of games I forgot about, like Naughty Bear. Damn so many Tycoon games... Mail Tycoon, Coffee Tycoon...

Going through this I haven't found a game I legitimately like. The only ones I can think of are those two but I don't remember playing them specifically I just figured I would have tollerated them (I probably liked Wacky Worlds but likely got it as an all-in-one / GOTY edition or w/e, not a separate game.)

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Devils Third for Wii U. Yeah, it had performance problems, but the melee combat was great and the multiplayer was the most fun I had online on the system.

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
Has been heros for me, I know its not red 53 on metacritic but I found its mechanics fun. Really was just to hard/ long for reviewers when it first came out.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Viridi is a pretty cool game. There's not much to it. Just tending to a little digital garden. User reviews are very positive for it though.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
Resident evil survivor

And it's not nostalgia because I just played and beat it last year for the first time.

Last edited:

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like two games:
- Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior. Sure it wasn't Space Marine game, but I liked shooting and 40K universe.
- Warriors Orochi 2 - I have no idea if it's good musou game as it was only one I tried except DW Next on Vita and DW4: Empires(?) on original Xbox, and N3 if you count it.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The game is certainly no masterpiece but I quite enjoyed my time with Homefront: The Revolution.

It was fun to play a city based open world FPS.

I think metacritic is complete garbage though so I assign basically 0 weight to the scores.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The only two I can find are:
Ridge Racer - Vita - 44
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad - 360 - 39

Ridge Racer is legitimately a decent 75-80 range game.... if you own all the DLC. That's the problem with it, the barebones release has borderline no content and the amount of DLC was overwhelming and expensive, so it deserves that score.

Onechanbara is, well it always has been fairly skeevy junk, but the combat in the Wii and 360 games was good fun so I got an afternoon of enjoyment out of going through them both. Probably deserves to sit like 10 points higher, but the red is deserved.

Honorable mention to Bullet Witch for barely scraping 51 to avoid the red, I really enjoyed that game despite recognising it sucks.