• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you leave the water running

• Yes, I leave it on the entire time or most of the time

• No, I turn it off and only turn it back on at the end to rinse

• WILDCARD: I fill a cup at the start and use this for all my brushing needs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Or you do constantly turn it off and on again when you need to wet/wash the brush?

Simple question buddies.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I normally just half fill a plastic cup and use that. There's more than enough to wet your brush, rinse your mouth out and wash away any flob left in the sink.

Failing that I'll turn it off after I've wet the brush until I need to rinse at the end, what's the point of leaving a tap running for 2 minutes?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
no, i turn it off until I'm done

it only takes a sec to turn the faucet

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
No, I turn it on briefly to get the toothbrush wet, then I turn it off until I need to rinse it after I'm done brushing my teeth. It only takes a second to turn it on or off.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I turn on the tap to fill a cup. I turn it off after that. I use the cup to wet the brush. I rinse my mouth with water from the cup after brushing and use the rest of the water in the cup to wash the brush. I turn the tap back on if I need more water. What horrible criminal leaves the tap running while brushing? Yes, I'm judging....

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i also don't use a cup to rinse, i just bend down and suck in the water to rinse

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I have to turn it on by the time I get to my bottom teeth. I need the noise because the sound of me scraping my teeth starts getting to me, making me gag. Only noticed this within the year but realized it's always been an issue.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, I have to turn it on by the time I get to my bottom teeth. I need the noise because the sound of me scraping my teeth starts getting to me, making me gag. Only noticed this within the year but realized it's always been an issue.
Yeah. Completely the same. I resolved this with playing music on a Bluetooth speaker instead.

I felt bad having the water run.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I usually try and run every tap in my apartment, just to make sure I'm doing it right.

Deleted member 29293

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What?

You wet your brush (or don't as some prefer), turn off the fucking water, wash your teeth, and when you're done, you clean your tooth brush with water.

How is this so hard? Why would anybody leave on the water.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
All answers in this poll suck because you aren't meant to rinse after brushing your teeth either.

OP
OP
Pankratous

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I must confess.

I've always left it on.

In Scotland, water just isn't an issue. It's nigh unlimited. And it's also "free" for the consumer - or at least, a fixed payment with your monthly tax and no additional charge regardless of how much you use.

However, this thread may make me use my second hand to turn it off.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No! Wet toothbrush, then apply paste. No more water 'till spitting out and cleaning face.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Briefly use the tap to wet the toothbrush. And to rinse it while brushing.
Otherwise i keep it off, and use a cup of water to rinse my mouth.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I only turn the water on to rinse the toothbrush and clear out the sink right at the end.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I heard you're not supposed to start brushing with water, as the toothpaste doesn't adhere to your teeth properly. I only turn the tap on to rinse the brush and my mouth when I'm done.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, and it pisses me off. It's one of those habits from childhood that I haven't entirely broken.

I don't leave it running the entire time, but it does run entirely too long when I don't need water.