• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The one with jealous eyes.
In my experience if you come up with a nickname for your friendship, even something as awesome as the Mega Powers, it is usually not going to last.

Regarding the OP, I must be lucky.

I have never been betrayed by a friend. I have seen other friends betray or fuck over each other but its never happened to me. If you hang out with shitty people you have to expect that eventually they are going to do something shitty.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I've been betrayed by a whole lot of "friends" in my time. Was betrayed by my 2nd-best "friend" just a few weeks ago.

I'm both the "friend of the friendless" type, as well as naturally charitable and empathetic. Lethal ingredients for inevitable friendship betrayal.
The only way to have healthy, rewarding, betrayal-free friendships is to demand blood-oath loyalty at all costs. None of this "empathy" nonsense. Friendship poison, that stuff is!

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Already has sort of. Haven't spoken to him in over 2 years now. Though I will say it was more my mental state at the time and it eventually lead to me taking antidepressants.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm in my 30s. There's not a single person I consider a friend that would ever betray me, and I wouldn't betray them. The filtering at this point is too strong. I have plenty of acquaintances and neighbors and family members that would probably throw me to the wolves, though.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
The only way to have healthy, rewarding, betrayal-free friendships is to demand blood-oath loyalty at all costs. None of this "empathy" nonsense. Friendship poison, that stuff is!
Lol, you joke, but some of us just seem to have a worse time of it with friends. Most likely, it's all the abusive family interaction I was subjected to growing up which has adversely affected my ability to choose the right friends. More often than not, I find myself in largely one-sided relationships. I have such a sunny, optimistic disposition by nature, I always want to think the best of people. Even the "troubled" type--probably, especially so, considering I'm pretty troubled myself. Inevitably, I get hurt over and over again, but somehow seem to lack the instinct for developing healthy defense mechanisms in response. Anymore, I've had to resort to extreme pessimism and suspicion of new people I meet, simply as a means of self-preservation. Keeping people at arm's length is just about the only way I've found yet to keep from getting continually hurt.

In fact, met up just yesterday with a longtime Facebook friend of mind whom I'd only briefly met in person a handful of times. (We were doing a "socially-distanced" trail hike, remaining min. 10ft. apart the whole time.) Purely automatically, I began to open myself up to her in a very generous manner, sharing certain vulnerabilities, far in excess of anything I've ever allowed myself to do with her online. I just don't seem to be able to help it. The moment I left for home, I pledged myself to basically ghost her for at least the next little while.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Well Idk about 'closest friends' but i've been betrayed by a friend way in the past when we were in our mid teens but at the same time i was also pretty naive trusting him that he'd help me get acquainted on a deeper level with my crush in school. Turns out, he circumvented me and just went straight up went direct with her. Adding insult to injury, she later on felt pretty attracted to him and it was then where i had the first case of seeing someone who's looking at another person but with 'love' possibly. Those times really hurt me in different ways and i've learned my lesson big time since then. Well the silver lining at least is that she didn't end up with him but yeah i have nearly forgotten about the girl but still haven't forgotten the betrayal. I might be unfortunate in the sense that i've come face to face with one of the most scummiest people in the world and even had people who seemed ok irl but had very troubling moments with me but yeah, such is life LOL.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I have only one very close friend. Based on our chat logs, destruction is mutually assured if either of us ever resorted to betrayal.

Oct 25, 2017
I fell into a friend group when I was younger. Real nice dudes, always treated me nicely, and I got along with everyone. Even led to me getting my first girlfriend. The "Leader" of the group was this really good looking guy with long, almost silver hair. We pretty much became best friends and I trusted him with everything. The two of us relied on each other for everything. Eventually things took a turn for the worse when he fell for a girl that he shouldn't have and ended up in trouble with some not so nice people. Me and the rest of the group got him out of trouble, but things were never really the same after that. He ended up sacrificing most of the group to a bunch of super powerful demons to gain power and that was pretty fucked up. Ended up cutting contact with him. I never saw it coming

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
543995de84273b9ca33e3c60213bdeb1.jpg
Nid4Z3K.gif

Oct 28, 2017
There's that one person you know that secretly gets happy when their friends fail because it raises their own position in their mind.

One reason Facebook can be harmful. FOMO being based on the fear that by missing out on activity lessens your value to the group. So you become jealous for no real reason than your vanity needs checked.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't make friends with those types of people anymore, so none!

If you asked me this question 15 years ago though, all of them
giphy.gif

Last edited:

LilBiscuit

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well at the end of my high school graduation I had quite a large falling out with my friend group so I cut off all contact with anyone and I mean anyone that I knew from my high school. It's been 9 years since then and I don't believe that anyone has even attempted to contact me so I guess was right in cutting everyone out. So as of this stage no friend can betray me as I don't have any and I plan to keep it that way.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely the friend with the coolest musical numbers.