• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
I'm from a working class area and background so I didn't think I knew anyone rich, or even middle class really. Then by chance a few years ago I discovered not only is my friends family super rich, his dad was convicted of millions of euros of tax avoidance. The friend in question dresses like a scruff and was a right stingy get, never paid for anything, never had his own cigarettes. But his family own several properties, and a giant estate, and are rolling in cash. Thats the only rich person I've ever known.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
According to this forum, $100k/yr of HHI is rich. So yes, plenty. Cause I live in the suburbs.

But, like, multiple home rich? A couple.

don't have to work rich? No, not personally.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rich in the sense of multiple six figures income and being single so its even more free income to spend yeah. Hes a good friend and outside of splurging on expensive restaurants and constant trips around the world, you wouldnt know hes so well off because he tends to come and just watch bad movies and anime with us when he isnt traveling.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'm technically rich, but I got really rich friends who literally do nothing all day but party, travel, shop.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
My old boss family makes over 1 million every year and his daughter had two weddings.

I'm from a working class area and background so I didn't think I knew anyone rich, or even middle class really. Then by chance a few years ago I discovered not only is my friends family super rich, his dad was convicted of millions of euros of tax avoidance. The friend in question dresses like a scruff and was a right stingy get, never paid for anything, never had his own cigarettes. But his family own several properties, and a giant estate, and are rolling in cash. Thats the only rich person I've ever known.
This is very common for rich people

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yes, my two uncles and my cousin who owns an ice cream factory.

Not bathing in Cristal rich, but rich.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
My dad's friend was a millionaire. He dressed like a poor farmer though and you'd never know. He did have multiple properties as well as a couple of businesses. He worked until his last days. Edit: Just remembered he was in construction.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I know a girl who's younger than me and already own her own apartment. I consider that pretty rich to be honest.

Oct 27, 2017
I knew a guy whose father set up and owned a business that became extremely successful, and was eventually sold for around €100m euro.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Yeah I know some riches. Customers of mine. My in laws have a successful trucking company. I grew up lower middle class blue collar and my elementary school had a bunch of snobs/rich kids which gave me a bad taste in my mouth

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I met two billionares once and I knew a person that was worth around 300 million dollars.

The 300 million person drove the shittiest car ever because of fear of kidnappings. And dressed down as well. Very down to earth person tho

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I know people in the upper middle class, but I wouldn't call them rich. I do know a family that is wealthy, but it's not liquid. They own all the McDonald's franchises in a couple of towns and a local distribution center.
I've also met several millionaires and have talked to them, but wouldn't say I actively 'know' them. They aren't inviting me to a birthday or Xmas party.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
My cousin was once on the Forbes 500, but is only rich now instead of filthy rich. I don't see any of that money, but I do get a fun gift basket every Christmas.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
As acquaintances? A handful as I am a teacher and there are some loaded parents out there.

Other than that, I have one brother in law that would probably qualify as rich. That is it.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
one of my absolute best mates who i see regularly, takes £25,000 ($32,000) out his business 'pure', no tax, every single month as pay for himself

sometimes he forgets that he almost operates on a 10:1 ratio to people like me, but i have nothing but praise for him as he's done well

Oct 27, 2017
My friend's dad is the CEO of an oil and gas pipeline company. He lives in one of the nicest houses I've ever seen. They own a Rolls Royce AND a Lamborghini Aventador. You could say we're very close friends considering the fact that I got a supply chain internship at said oil and gas pipeline company during college lol. I'm very grateful for an opportunity like that, an example of the power of connections.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
According to this forum, $100k/yr of HHI is rich. So yes, plenty. Cause I live in the suburbs.

But, like, multiple home rich? A couple.

don't have to work rich? No, not personally.
Thats because it is.

Excuses about how expensive it is to live in cities is irrelevant. Living in these places IS a perk generally reserved for the rich.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't really know them but a (distant) relative married into a pretty rich family and we went to the wedding. It was weird, felt like we were the only middle class people there.
People would mention in passing how they owned several businesses, the dress code was bizarrely complicated, they rented a huge ass castle and the bridal pair got an original painting from a world-famous artist as a present

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As acquaintances? A handful as I am a teacher and there are some loaded parents out there.

Other than that, I have one brother in law that would probably qualify as rich. That is it.

Thats because it is.

Excuses about how expensive it is to live in cities is irrelevant. Living in these places IS a perk generally reserved for the rich.
You know a lot of rich people, by your logic: your assistant principals, principals, mid-upper level District administrators, etc.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Growing up on the east coast of Massachusetts will put you into contact with more rich people than any one human being needs in their life.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend's family is pretty solidly upper middle class. Her uncle works in Hollywood as an assistant director and is best friends with a very successful Hollywood director. Her uncle isn't rich (he's not hurting at all), but he has tons of crazy stories about being on a jet with so and so, and has all sorts of stories about who is a great person, and who is a giant asshole. It's been very bizarre talking to him sometimes. Like an entirely different world.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
You know a lot of rich people, by your logic: your assistant principals, principals, mid-upper level District administrators, etc.
I am in a smaller somewhat rural school. It is a one school district.

None of the admin make over 100k. The superintendent/principal is CLOSE to 100k, but is slightly below last time I checked on the website.

Our admin assistants make like 60k each. Business manager around 80.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Mu uncle is a multimillionaire and a piece of shit. Owns homes in Florida, Maine, and Rhode Island. When my grandmother died she left me a bunch of things, but he got power of attorney when she got real bad and took everything and sold it. My aunt bought me bonds, when they divorced he took those. My mom passed away recently, my dad can't afford to live in his condo that she owned because of the fees and stuff, she left it to him and my uncle offered him 50k for a condo that zillow says is 130k, and my dad has little choice but to take it because he has nowhere to go and no way to sell it on his own, and because he wants the money he let my dad borrow back that he had to use for the cremation, all he gave him was 500 bucks and I paid the other 1300 because it was all I could do. She's been dead all of a week and he's already telling my dad "it's the only way you're going to be able to pay me back". He wants to buy it to give to his son, my cousin as a rental property, dude hasn't even seen my dad in years while I was and am going there almost every day and was helping take care of my mom and my dad. He's been married six times and cheated on every wife he had, he used to beat the shit out of me when I lived with him for shit like not dusting under my bed or getting anything below A's on my report cards. The world will be better when he's dead.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm from a working class area and background so I didn't think I knew anyone rich, or even middle class really.

? Middle-class has to work, but they probably have just a little bit of extra income to spend on fun stuff, really. But the definition with these things are getting muddled, now... There still IS the in between space.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
None of my family are rich, I think my Mum's Dad was pretty wealthy, but he died recently and the money had been spent.

I have had a couple of wealthy friends though, the moment where you go to their house (parent's house) and you're like "fucking hell, this house is nice."

My parents were middle class, then when they got divorced they went down to lower middle class. They're pretty comfortable now though, depending on how you measure it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Not needing to work rich? Just, 1 person. My brother's father in law. I know a lot of other people that are rich to this board but would lose their house within a year without work.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, multiple family members and extended family members can be classed as well off, very well off or rich. Almost none of them are arseholes. They all work too, even the rich ones. The one or two that are are fine with me, I suppose, but the a holes are a minority. Likely my nephews and nieces will be well off to rich too.

All of us are from immigrant families and we have the value of hard work, and gaining repeat success drilled into us.

Myself, finally I can at least say I'm almost financially well off. But yeah, the aim is to get rich, the right way.

WallSniper

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Trolling; Numerous Prior Bans for Trolling and Antagonizing Other Users
I know a lot of poors, and most of them are disgusting. I know fewer rich folks, but they are generally better company.

Last edited:

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have one semi-rich friend, but most rich people I've known are cheap as hell. Entitled as well. I prefer not to associate with people who are very wealthy, I've just never had good experiences with them. Grew up in a single family home and went to school in a very rich, Jewish town. I've had my fill of rich entitled kid and adults for a lifetime.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah a few. As an example, a few years back i worked with a dude that was the son and heir of the owner of one of the largest construction company in Europe. Daddy bought him his own tech company.