• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
I was talking to a friend the other day about some movies we want to see, and I realized that I'm not aware of the release dates. For example, I want to see SW Episode IX, but I don't really know if it is a 2019 or 2020 movie or beyond. Game of Thrones? I know the last season airs in 2019, but don't really know when.

With videogames, same story. I was waiting for Crackdown 3, and all of a sudden I see a thread with reviews in the Gaming side. I had no idea it was going to release now.

With tech in general, I usually watch keynotes, conferences and stuff like that, but right after that I forget any time window they announce for the launch of some device or service I'm interested in.

What about you, ERA?

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I watch a lot of TV shows so I track those using an app, it's much easier doing that than keeping tabs on it all by myself. I only watch a few movies at the cinema per year so I don't have a problem keeping up to date on those. Games aren't a problem for me either, as I just buy a couple of games per year at launch nowadays.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I keep tabs on things I care about that are about to come out. I don't remember off the top of my head the exact date they're coming but I know within a month.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
No because I mostly consume things that are a decade+ old. The exception is games, and nowadays I purchase maybe two games on release day a year, so it's easy to remember. Still, I put the release dates in my calendar.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
No. I know when stuff I like is imminently releasing because topics get made here.

I suppose I do for books.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I have an "Upcoming Things I'm Interested In" folder. Every time I hear about some film, book, music act, or whatever, it goes right on in.

Especially with films, there are so many films that get talked about at festivals and then when they finally get released a year or more later, usually very quietly, it might completely pass you by.

For instance, Knife+Heart is coming out in March and if I wasn't already interested in it from what I read about from its festival time, it probably wouldn't even register with me.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Not really. Thankfully spotify reminds me when an artist I like releases something.
For movies, I use an app to buy movie tickets which lets me know what comes out when. And for games I use this forum mostly.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I do.

I've kinda falling out with keeping up with gaming news, though. Like I was really surprised the new Metro was coming soon...or did it come out last week? Anyway, I thought that was coming out later in the year.

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Anyone who is aware of the release date is clearly watch too much Collider video. It's time to pull your hands away from the keyboard and step back slowly.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Yeah I have spreadsheets for games/movies I watch and I have a release date thing that I update periodically.

Also at the start of every month I schedule in what films/TV/games I wanna watch and play. It's nerdy af but I enjoy it.

kamakazi5

Oct 28, 2017
I used to do it with video games but not anymore. I never consume media or purchase things on release anymore so that's probably why (although to be fair I consume almost no media anymore outside of youtube). I'm like you in that I'll typically see an announcement of something I'm excited for and then forget about it until I hear about it being out.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a little chart that lists the release dates of upcoming movies, TV seasons, and video games that I like, that I've been keeping updated for like ten years at least.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I don't, but I should, for real. Movies I just check on a weekly basis, but it'd be better if I kept a nice list.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Kinda. I've done it less in the past couple of years or so since a lot of the time I don't get around to things until later now.

When I was a teenager I was very detailed about this shit with games though.

wtl420

Feb 16, 2019
Honestly I need to put in effort to not really care about release dates for things from the Big Guys. Feels like the way people hype over that kind of stuff just makes release dates something you can't avoid and I'd rather just get to stuff at my own pace.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Yeah. Though it causes me more pain than pleasure... I will never know the release date for Daft Punk's next album.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I do keep track, but I do also notice that maybe only myself and a few other friends do -- most of my friends and family are completely oblivious to specific release dates.

I'm certainly in a position where my small scope personal experience suggests that this is unusual behavior.

27 Burritos

Dec 27, 2018
I keep track of my favorite video games releases. Other games and movies, I just get whenever. However, I will be tracking that Breaking Bad movie if it is real.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
For video games and books yes. My goodreads profile is a nice way to keep track of release dates for books.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Not consciously. I know the release date for stuff I care about, but I dont have that many things I care about. Last game I was psyched for was KH3. For everything else, I'm mildly aware stuff will come out 'soon'.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Only for video games these days... I'd check in on movie theaters occasionally to keep track of when they come out tho.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I generally remember when video games will release, or when the odd movie and show will return. I don't worry years into the future however.

I could care less when the next Marvel movie comes out or even Star Wars anymore

Oct 27, 2017
I don't keep close tabs on movies but highly anticipated music I'll keep track of up to the exact minute it comes out and video games are in my phone calendar, though that's more for helping me budget for the month.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Sometimes. Once in while I'll be hyped about something and periodically check up on it. Most of the time I just forget about it and will be reminded after a while. I used to keep track of stuff much more frequently when I was younger.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
I don't even keep on top of new media that I want to consume. I prefer to have people give impressions and recommendations after it has come out. ie seeing an era thread that gives attention to it.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I do, I use the built-in calender app to keep track of movie release dates and a notes list of what games are out and upcoming to keep track of which ones I want to buy

Jan 15, 2019
Generally, yeah. When I see people who walk up to movie theater marquees and just pick a movie from the list like "Oh, such and such movie is out now, you wanna see that?" Or "Oh, they made a sequel to X movie, maybe that'll be good" I'm totally baffled. I've always pretty actively followed things I'm interested in and anticipated their release.