• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Take the plunge?

• I already did!

Votes: 319 28.8%
  • I plan on doing so/want to someday

Votes: 245 22.1%
  • No, I don't see it in my future

Votes: 543 49.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious as to what the make-up here is on Era. I know for sure that some already have children, but I find it interesting to see how many users here do, how many don't that want to and how many don't but aren't interested in having any.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I used to want kids but the more kids I've met the more I've disliked the experience of being around them. I also find my dogs stressful. Plus, the fact that kids are the most environmentally destructive thing a person can choose to create.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
No and no. My wife never had any desire either. Got snipped in 2013 and haven't looked back (39 now, btw).

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
When I was younger I said I never wanted children. No way. No how. Then I met the right woman and it just seemed like something we both wanted. Have two kids now and I couldn't be happier.

Leonadar

Oct 27, 2017
Been married for 7+ years, both my wife and I are set on not having kids. Between the two of us, we have 9 nieces and nephews, so we get plenty of kid time. Not having to support our own kids allows us to help out/spoil them.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really opposed to the idea, but I also don't feel like I need them either. So it's probably not too likely.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
When I was younger I wanted tons of children, now I realise children destroy lives and I'd worry about them too much.

I make a much better uncle because I can be fun with no permanent responsibility.

If you're considering having children - remember to recycle and adopt.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Our kids are 6, 3, and 7 months.

They're a blast and I love them more than anything, but it's also a significant source of stress. Especially now that they're getting involved in school and other activities.

If you don't want kids, DO NOT have kids.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
My GF and I have both concluded that unless we both make a lot of money, we probably won't have kids. It's hard enough supporting ourselves let alone having children and giving them comfortable upbringing.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Already have them, it's tough at times but also the most amazing thing I've ever done.

Seeing them grow up is just such an amazing feeling.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have children and don't think I want biological children. I'd love to adopt later in life though.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not yet, we're hoping to wait until we pay off most of our student loans and buy a house. We'll see though, you never know what'll happen.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's 7 months old now and I love her more than anything.

I'd like to have one more, but we'll see how my wife feels in a few years. It's obviously a much bigger deal for her.

Prof. Booty

Banned
Jan 1, 2020
One and done. Had mine at 21 and I'm 40 now and a free man. Hes an adult, and while I'm their for him for anything he may need or want, my raising kids days are over.

Now we just go to concerts and vacations together and talk shit to one another like buddies.

It's a good deal and I'm glad I spread my dna/name to live on lol

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
No and not interested at the moment.

Same with the fiance.

Don't believe I'll change my mind either , but who knows.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 daughters...7 and 2...would happily do one more...but my wife has told me this shop is closed!

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Can't stand them, never wanted them and neither did my wife. I'm 41 and got a vasectomy when I was 34. No regrets as we love our lives as the freedom (and money) from not having kids allows us to have money AND time to do the things we want to do which is very tough to do with kids outside of the wealthy who can afford to pay others to do most everything for them.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You always see a strong undercurrent of anti Natalism on here but it's still surprising for me for
It to be a majority. Shouldn't be surprised given the demographics of the board though. I plan on having a kid yeah. How many might be limited depending on future finances/climate change severity. Still raising a kid will be a more worthwhile use of my time than most of
The things I could do otherwise. I've had my share of empty hedonism to last for quite a while tbf. Will have to see if any other overriding purposes for life come along.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yes, 2 currently. 5 and 3 (as of today!) year old boys. We are looking to have a 3rd within the next 2 years. Always wanted them glad I waited until I was in my 30's to start though.

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vasectomy when I was 30; I'm 42 now and I know I definitely made the right choice given my lifestyle. DINK life for me and missus.

I did adopt 3 cats and 2 dogs though, so it's not like I'm entirely free of any responsibility. Heh.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Never thought I'd have children. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and we just found out we're having another.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I do plan on it. It's something that needs a lot of consideration, the right person, the right time, all that. But it's one of the only things that I really "want" out of life, existentially - like I've always inevitably wanted to be a parent the same way other people want this career or that.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have two, and I love them more than anything.

That being said, though, having kids is not all peaches and rainbows like you all might be thinking.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Nope

37 and I'm planning on getting a vasectomy within the next couple months.

Just never had the desire for a kid, wife is the same way.

Plus, in the off chance I did have a change of heart, looking at our finances and nope.