• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I play through OOT, MM every year. Masterpieces.

I probably do windwaker every other year.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda 1 & 2 - can't resist these.

Doom

Resident Evil 4 - mostly because of re-releases

Ghosts n Goblins - I like to run through it and laugh at people who think it's "one of the hardest games ever". It so is not.

Kat Bailey

Host - Axe of the Blood God
Verified
Jan 5, 2018
I find myself playing through Star Fox 64 again about once a year. I hope an N64 Mini comes out at some point so I can play it with the right controller.

robjoh

Oct 31, 2017
Not really planned or so but SMB is regularly played and NSMB ds is always in my DS so I can play that game.

Overall most of the games I replay is shorter games, often NES games. I find it stressful to play long games these days.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
H2x1_GBA_MetroidFusion_image1600w.jpg

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I think there are maybe less than five games I've played through more than once in my entire life.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not annual but MGS2 and the original Resident Evil 2 have typically been played by me for at least one playthrough in the past few years.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
I try to play Alan Wake once a year, it's like returning to my favorite movie, it just feels comfortable cruising into Bright Falls on that barge.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Dark Souls, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, Hollow Knight, and Alien: Isolation. Sekiro will more than likely join the list since I already have a craving to replay it even though I did a few months ago.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Not anymore, but I used to revisit Ocarina of Time annually. From its original release in 1998 to the 3DS Remake. My last run was in 2014 on 3DS. I played the GameCube version from the Gamecube through the Wii days, until I got the Virtual Console version on Wii.

Cucurbitacée

Oct 28, 2017
Frankfurt am Main
51YEEDTAYXL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Shutokou Battle 2, AKA Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 on Dreamcast
There is something about this game that makes me play it again, and again, and again. I play with a different car each time, abusing the dumb AI to beat the otherwise hard bosses.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
They seem to start with D's.

Doom, Dark Souls and Diablo 2.

I try to play Alan Wake once a year, it's like returning to my favorite movie, it just feels comfortable cruising into Bright Falls on that barge.

Yeah Alan Wake is such a great game. I replayed American Nightmare again last fall. Delightful.

Not really. I think there are maybe less than five games I've played through more than once in my entire life.

What are they!

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dead Space and its sequels. I play through one every year in October, trying to finish on Halloween. Always a blast, even when it's a 3 playthrough.

Ocie

Jan 21, 2020
Snake Eater is my annual game and I play through Ocarina of Time once every ten years.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Good question tbh. Mario 3D Land on 3DS springs to mind instantly, as well as Super Mario World. Technically Ocarina of Time counts due to N64 and 3DS. Beyond that, I'm not sure. There are probably a couple more, likely other Mario and Zelda games that have been ported to other consoles. But even games i love like Bioshock or Uncharted 2, I never have a desire to revisit them. I'm not sure why. I think a big part of it is because a lot of games, even incredible ones, don't age terribly well. I have a feeling if I played Uncharted 2 now, it would feel pretty dated.

buset

Jul 25, 2018
Shutokou Battle 2, AKA Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 on Dreamcast
There is something about this game that makes me play it again, and again, and again. I play with a different car each time, abusing the dumb AI to beat the otherwise hard bosses.

Wow, thats the game I miss the most from the dreamcast days and I thought I was basically alone. The atmosphere just felt so good for some reason

Oct 28, 2017
dota 2 ,despite dropping it for a year or two after the big update back then (were they changed the forest positioning that was originally done in the OG dota) ive been playing against bots for years now

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Shenmue. I play it every December and have done every year since it came out.

Still finding things I've never seen before. I'll probably add 3 to straight after now.

Never play 2. Not a fan of it.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I don't anymore. Closest is maybe DOTA 2, but that have been irregularly and I intend not to play it this year (but I will watch professional games)

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Resident Evil 4: i own it on nearly all my systems and play through it maybe one or two times a year. Last time was at the release of the switch Version. In my opinion the best Game ever made.

Diablo 2(LoD): every ladder reset the game pulls me back in...i think i am addicted to it

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
I would do a new run in Oblivion every year but I recently got a new computer and lost all my mods so I'm probably not going to go back to it again.

I replay Majora's Mask and Final Fantasy Tactics often but it's more like once every 1-3 years.