• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Usually every year my friends would come over to my house and we'll get a lot of snacks and pizza and stuff and watch the Sony conference at 2AM (it's always at that time where I live for some reason).

Now that Sony is skipping E3 we will not be doing that this year. My friends aren't interested in other consoles so it'll just be me this year (I play on all consoles so i watch all of them every year)

Do you have any E3 traditions?

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I keep a personal bingo tradition. It gets frozen when the first conference starts, and it includes my speculation, guesses, and dreams (although I make it a point to avoid any heavily rumoured stuff). Usually I get less than half right, lol, but it's fun all the same.

I also watch with a friend or two and we all heckle the conferences, it's good fun.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not at all, unless you count not watching Sony's because it's always on at like 2am here.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I always sleep through the Sony one because it was on at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Too late for real life friends, but I usually chat with some people while watching the interesting conference (Sony was always the most interesting. I hope microsoft can make up a bit for that).

I like to get some Nachos with cheese dip and Dr Pepper. I know I probably shouldn't, but I really love it !

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I always listen to panels at the gym during the e3 week. I usually watch the actual shows at home and set aside some time for that.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Usually every year my friends would come over to my house and we'll get a lot of snacks and pizza and stuff and watch the Sony conference at 2AM (it's always at that time where I live for some reason).
I did exactly this OP but we're unfortunately not doing it this year since no Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
Used to make my way through Onimusha 1-3 on PS2 after remasters were not announced. This is the first year I may actually be doing something different in about 3-4 years.

Oct 27, 2017
My tradition is typically to go to bed at normal time and catch up with the headlines and announcements in the morning after I wake up.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
E3 is usually over my birthday, (or at least in the same week,) so I usually take some time off under the pretense of celebrating my birthday and sit and watch all the conferences.
Also, I have a good friend who doesn't play video games any more but still likes to keep up with news, so after E3 I usually send him an email with youtube links to trailers that I think are especially cool.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A new one. I yell at those blocking press that are trying to get to appointments. Same shit at PAX. Keep the damn walkways clear!

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I get a portable system to use while letting the event play on the background. When a trailer or something relevant happens i turn it off and watch it, otherwise i just keep grinding. Its the only way i can go throught live shows like this tbh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I always cross my fingers and hope that this year it won't be disappointing and something I really care about will finally be announced.

It rarely works. :/

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm always watching them live. They're too exciting/fun to just read up on the news the day after.

Usually try to get a few people together as well to watch the bigger ones.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I don't think I've missed a sony or MS conference since about 2005/06, I remember the horrendous quality streams back then. Good times. That's the only tradition for me really, staying up late for sony will be missed but I'm also relieved. It was starting to really be a chore staying up to 4am with work at 7.

Even if I have a year when I'm less invested in games, E3 is the one time I'll always get involved. I can't help but get excited each year.

Nov 8, 2017
Annoy the wife with it.

I'm newly married and last year I made my wife watch clips of Nintendo's 2004 and Sony's 2006 E3 press conferences so she could understand the highs and lows and why I watch this every year. She now watches with me and laughs at the dumb stuff instead and makes jokes even at non-E3 times like saying "world premiere".

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Kinda.

E3 always falls on the Queens Birthday long weekend. So for Microsoft's show, I get up a bit earlier, make myself some breakfast and watch the pre-shows before setting in for the real thing.

It usually starts at 6 or 7am

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I'm always in a voice group chat of some fashion. Few years ago it was a voice chat on the PSN. Recently its been a larger group in Discord. We all try to find which stream is the furthest ahead and watch everything together. Usually their is alcohol involved.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I was actually kind of forming one by driving with my brother a hour and a half to Columbia to attend one of the Sony Theater experiences. Thanks for nothing Sony.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, wishing for new PaRappa and Banjo and never getting it. At least maybe one of those traditions will be broken this year!

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I typically watch the Sony press conference with friends since they only have PlayStations but not this year

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I usually meet up with several friends and watch a couple of the conferences, focus usually being on MS since we all have Xbones. During the day we also hold a Halo LAN and play board games if time permits. This year will be no different.

Other than someone getting destroyed in Smash 64. Slyfox Barrel Cannon

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
If the press conferences has a reasonable broadcast time here in Sweden, then I will watch it live. Rather see it first with everyone else than reading a headline the day after.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I wait for the summary to appear on here, I've tried watching a few things before but I can't stand the audiences and the live threads on here are even worse

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taking the weeek of work usually.

It's not that i do nothing outside of e3 in this week but i really enjoy staying up late and watching the shows live.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
For several years now I'd have three good friends over for all the confs on Sunday and Monday. I usually take the Monday and Tuesday off and just drown in E3 content. We get an old fashioned LAN party vibe going with extra monitors and consoles for some Overwatch or other games between confs, or watch reaction vids or podcasts until the next show. It's always a super fun 48h where we immerse ourselves fully in hype and fun. We usually trek over to a theatre for Sony's show on Monday nights. Such a shame that particular bit won't happen this year. Sony's 2015 e3 show (of dreams) in a theatre full of applauding and enthusiastic fans is one of my favourite memories.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
My GF and I always watch it together at home, the only other game related thing we always do that for is GDQ (Games Done Quick) as they are positive focused events and always a good time.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Watch the shows and simultaneously hanging out at conference threads with hundreds of overhyped people yelling at each other so fast you can barely read it all.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Since I am on the other side of the world from where the conference take place. I take mondays and tuesdays off to watch the conferences live with giant bomb. Lots of snacks and Sleeping in between each conference and setting up alarms.

I think I won't be doing it this year as Sony won't be there. I'd rather save my leaves for something else.