• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I have been working away on my movie list and down to 9 movies! I started with 50 movies back in April.
Tv shows is another story! I have so many shows I want to watch. I'm finishing Nathan For You. Then I might start season 3 of Westworld.

What about the rest of you?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, my list of "to watch" films and series is enormous. I've seen 140 seasons of TV so far this year but most of them were new.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah definitely. I'm just watching things here and there, and I've also stopped watching TV shows as a result. It feels like a lot of this entertainment competes with itself, and there's only so much free time in a day.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the Up Next on my AppleTV is massive and that's not even counting Netflix.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I currently have 805 movies on my watch list and that is not quite up to date and definitely isn't complete. If I were to remove the foreign language films that weren't the classics that non-cinefiles would know, my "real" number might be something like 750.

Unfortunately most TV shows aren't on Letterboxd so I don't know what the number is, but I definitely have a lot of TV to watch too.

Plus anime, plus comics, plus graphic novels, plus books, plus games...ugh.

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
Yep, instead of watching the long queue across various streaming apps, I'm rewatching supernatural for the fifth time.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got an enormous backlog of movies to watch. Not really as interested in TV stuff, only got a few that I've been meaning to go through.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I have a backlog of every medium I enjoy, and I always manage to keep finding stuff I didn't know about, to add to the lists to check out later. It can be hard when you like a lot of stuff :x During these COVID months, I've been making an effort to focus on and knock out a bunch of shows and movies on my backlogs. Now, my tv backlog has shrunk a lot and there's not too, too many more things I need to catch up on or start, and some I just removed thinking "nah, I'm not going to get around to that show". Kind of helps that productions have been slowed/delayed through all this, yet new shows keep popping up out of nowhere that I'll check out.

Movies is still a work in progress, but been able to knock out a number of them. Lots of them are Korean/Japanese/Chinese subbed movies, but also a lot of different animations that I never got around to.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and I barely made a dent in it at all over quarantine. I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, so maybe I'll get on that.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
This thread gives me a relief knowing i'm not the only one who struggles with this

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Still gotta catch up on Umbrella Academy and The Boys, as well as start Raised By Wolves, Utopia, etc.

Instead I just feel like rewatching old stuff.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Still gotta catch up on Umbrella Academy and The Boys, as well as start Raised By Wolves, Utopia, etc.

Instead I just feel like rewatching old stuff.

I feel like I have the opposite problem. There's tons of old stuff I want to re-watch, and I'll buy copies of my favorite movies etc., and I want to go and re-watch them, but then I think "I have way too much stuff I haven't even watched yet!"

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Ozark
Barry
For all Mankind
Homeland S7 and S8
The Knick
Legion
Orville
Perpetual Grace
Righteous Gemstones
See
Succession
True Detective S3
Fargo S4
Warrior
What We Do in the Shadows

I have been watching shows, loving Raised by Wolves right now in fact. Not much of a movie backlog tbh, they are fairly easy to clear and honestly not been that many 10/10 movies in the past few years

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Huge backlog of tv shows, not so much for films. I find they are harder to keep track of. Anyone have a good app they use to track films?

Oct 28, 2017
The very idea of considering it a backlog is what's getting to you.

I have access to all sorts of media to keep me entertained. More than I'll ever consume for the rest of my life.

I'm okay with that. I'm old.

Illuvatar

Jan 22, 2019
I have hundreds of movies and series I still have to watch, but that's exactly how I want it. I like the options. Whenever we want to watch a movie or start a new show, we have a voting system to make sure we're both on the same page. It's a fun process.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I have quite a few I want to watch, but like starting a new book or a new game, I'm having trouble making myself get started.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
It used to be bad but we cut the fat on our lists. We got rid of so much that we said we would watch and never did for years. It's really nice to only have two lines of stuff in netflix. I feel less stress lol

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
I've been really bad about it for the last few years. I keep adding things to my list and then end up playing video games instead. I got carpal tunnel recently, so I'm not allowed to play video games. Probably spend this time trying to whittle the list down

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Mine seems kind of average considered to friends and family. It's tough with so many services these days. I fall behind on things I really like just because I get distracted by other shows for a few weeks.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I have about 17 TV shows on my list. I only watch a show when it ends. I'll be starting up Game of Thrones in the next month or so. As for movies? About 300 easily. I'll watch them between now and when I die I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a watchlist but I've got a loose compendium in my head of important filmmakers and I'll seek out stuff from their filmographies. Just found out about Jiang Wen from a kino shitposting group so now I've got some of his films on hold at the library. Of course I can avoid watchlists because I have streaming subscriptions and I oughta watch I'm Thinking of Ending Things and The Devil All the Time so I can cancel Netflix after this month.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I have logged ~5200 films since 2013 and my watchlist grows, especially in regards to TV.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Yeah. I've probably got 800 movies, that doesn't even include new movies because I don't maintain it other than marking off that I have seen it or adding a movie I've seen.

overall list including everything is around 2000

I don't add TV shows to it.

May 24, 2019
I'd never want to run out of things to watch.
f5sjsw6.jpg

That's just adding interesting things that I randomly stumble across on Letterboxd. No kind of curated list.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have such an insane backlog of 5+ seasons shows that I usually just watch C-tier horror films on Netflix with my wife.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yes

Movies
Series
Animes/Mangas
Games
Books/Comics
Music
Youtube videos
And even a backlog of tabs to read in OneTab

I can never say "I have nothing to do"

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely - and I suspect that will never change, which is a good thing, to have something to look forward to through all my existence.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
Movies - Can count it one hand
Series - A lot
Comics - A lot
Games - A lot

So my life is one big backlog ever since I had a kid, more so when 2nd kid was born. But I'm not complaining.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
here is my movie/tv/game planner:

OCxtz1G.jpg

as you can see i'm not watching any TV shows. next up is the mandalorian. i do watch the odd episode of The Office, Always Sunny, and South Park if i want to pass some time but not actively watching them as i have already seen every episode.

for movies...i was gonna go see Tenet but decided against it. cinemas are shutting now anyway so i'll just need to wait until it is available to buy/rent/stream digitally. i do have some movies in my Netflix list but i'm in no rush to watch them.

for games i only have my PC at the moment and i'm playing games that i can just jump in for however long i feel. 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours. haven't got a game to focus on. Cyberpunk is the next game i'm gonna buy. well, if i can squeeze in Watch Dogs before Cyberpunk i will do that. depends if my Series X arrives early enough. getting a PS5 too and will buy a Switch whenever there is a new model. the list of games isn't complete as i actually only put it together today...i haven't added some PS5 games (Demons Souls/Horizon Forbidden West).

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I have shows I just started and am late to with a bunch of seasons to catch up to, new seasons of shows I followed I still need to see and shows I feel like rewatching again.