• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Do you have a decent gaming pc that is capable of running games at higher settings and a console? If so, how do you choose on which platform to get your games? Are you only playing exclusives on the console and everything else on the PC? Or is it the other way around, playing mainly on console and games that are not available on console on PC?

In my case my PC is still going strong (i5 3570k, GTX 1070, being able to run recent games at higher resolution/settings than their console ports. Also own a PS4 Pro, which I admittedly only used for exclusives so far (even though I own third party games for it, but ended up owning them on pc also). And a Switch, obviously for Nintendo games.

Last edited:

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I have a high end PC (32gb RAM, 2080 TI RTX), a PS4 and a Switch. The last two obviously only for games that aren't on PC (Three Houses, Xenoblade, God of War, Persona 5 etc).

Last edited:

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
I have a decent PC, a PS4 and a switch.
Asides from exclusives I mostly just shop by deals. If I see a game for a nice price I'll grab it where I find it. Though I do double up by accident quite a bit

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I used to have this setup. I pretty much purely migrated away from the console as I only really had enough time spare for a single console. At that point, I just went to PC away from PS3 and kept with that for a few years into the PS4 cycle. When the Switch came out, I sold the PC and moved to that... pretty much cemented my playing habits have changed - need a portable system where I can also pause/resume really easily. Helps if the games are designed with this in mind too, no massive 3 hour epics with no saves.

I could see myself getting a streaming subscription to pair with the Switch for the few titles that I am missing out on (like I'm really missing No Mans Sky), but currently nothing is out there that suits me. All of the platforms need to appear on more solutions (i.e. nothing works on a Fire Stick 4k) and accept more controllers (I don't really want to buy a controller when I've got a Switch Pro Controller). Get the feeling if Valve jumped in on this market, they'd actually do it properly.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I have a PC (2070 Super), PS4 Pro, XBox One X and a Switch. Mostly game on the PC, Switch now and then. Haven't touched the PS4 or XBox for some time.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I have a Switch and PC more poweful than the Switch but not the Xbox One X

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a PC and a Switch. Switch is mainly for exclusives and 2D indie games and such that don't really benefit from being on PC (but might benefit from being on a handheld).

I used to have a PS4 but it got so little use I ended up selling it after not turning it on for like 9 months.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
My PC is more capable than a PS4/XB1, so I guess yes. I still prefer playing games on consoles though. The only game I prefer on PC is Final Fantasy XIV, which is an MMO.

My flowchart for non-exclusive games is pretty simple. If it's on Switch and not AAA, I buy it on Switch. If it is AAA, I'm playing it on Gamepass.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, my X360 still works and my 560GTX is going strong! Ready for the next generation.

My answer is no.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have a gaming laptop and a switch, haven't used the switch since I fell off animal crossing months ago.

I love consoles but with kids its hard to get time to sit in front of a TV now a days. With a laptop I can play games easier in what every area I bring it too.

KOT

Oct 27, 2017
Minsk
Powerful laptop + PS4 + Switch. Same as many others: exclusives for consoles, PC for multiplatform games and MMORPG. Oh, and sales are sometimes playing their role in purchases.

I often double-dip ports of games I've enjoyed on other platforms, or if I want to gather some trophies on PS4.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I have 2 high end gaming PCs - one in my office and one at my tv. An Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Switch. My Xbox One X has become pretty useless since Microsoft moved to day and day releases on console and PC on exclusives. Obviously I use the PS4 Pro and Switch for exclusives but everything else I get on PC.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I play more on PC since GamePass Ultimate. My Xbox One X is still used a decent bit, and PS5 is used for exclusives. My Switch, also for exclusives and indie games.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
1060 6GB and PS4

Hope to get a new GPU (well probably entire build within the next 1-2 years) and PS5.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i have a decent gaming PC. I only play on a console if there is an exclusive.

if I know an Exclusive will come out on PC i will wait (which is the case with NIOH 2)

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I have a PC, PS4 and Switch. My PC plays all the graphically intense stuff. My switch plays the indie stuff, mostly 2d and some 3d. My PS4 just collects dust.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I have a high end PC, X1X, PS4 Pro and a Switch. I mainly play third party games on PC and exclusives on consoles and my daughter mainly plays everything on the X1X.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I keep all relevant consoles and a top tier gaming rig that is my primary third party machine and xbox machine.
My consoles are for console exclusives only.
Right now I have a ps4, switch, xbox one console wise (havent used in years due to pc, last game was halo 5 or quantum break, cant remember), and in the fall that will be PS5, switch (and my PC of course, hopefully with a fresh 3080ti).

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Even though I don't have the most powerful PC I can chime in.

My PC is a beefed up Lenovo M93 office PC from 2012. Added a SSD, more ram and a GT1050LP. It can play PS360 era games just fine and all the new indie titles. I also own a Switch, Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro.

When it comes to indie titles I usually get them on PC (Steam) as it will be easily accessible when we change console generation and the old console is not nescessarily hooked up anymore..... now that I think about it, with the focus on backwards compatibility this might not be an issue anymore, but it still is very convenient to have everything the same place.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I've been console only (PS4, XB1, Switch) until a few weeks ago when I built a gaming PC (Ryzen 3600, 5700xt) to replace my 8-year old iMac that is on its last legs.

My current plan is to buy most multi platform titles on PS5/XSX since I still prefer consoles, while playing PC exclusives or the occasional port that blows the console version away, but we will see if this changes as I continue to get used to pc gaming and the associated benefits.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
I have a PS4 , Switch and a Ryzen 2700/RTX2080 . If going by posts I see on the forums my PC might as well be run by a drunken hamster and cardboard guinea pig

lizzardpt

Feb 6, 2019
I have a PC, that was decent 5 years ago and I'm looking to upgrade it later this year. Other than that I have a PS4 and Switch, which is where I mainly game anyway.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Just got a gtx 1060 + 3600 PC. The 1060 is still pretty solid for high refresh rate at low settings, although I'm itching for an upgrade to a 3060 soon. In the meantime I've overclocked my 1060 for ~10% performance gain, which is better than nothing at least.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Have all the consoles and a capable PC, PC for multiplats and the consoles for exclusives.

After updating, I'm planning on selling my consoles and keeping a PS5

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
I have my good ol' PC with a GTX 980 and a PS4.

And for me would be the first option, I mainly play on PC and exclusives on the PS4.

Generally because on PC you can play with pretty much any peripheral, I don't want to pay a monthly fee just to play online, I have access to Xbox games and I enjoy the variety of games that you can play on PC, through Steam and other platforms like GOG.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Just consoles. Once the kids are older we will build one but for the time being console gaming fits my needs better. Ironically I grew up gaming on PC precisely because my parents wouldn't allow consoles in the house.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Got a PS4 and a much more powerful PC recently, but honestly after the thrill of my new toy wore off I ended up just going back to playing games on PS4 all the time.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, I only play exclusives on consoles. However, with more Sony and Microsoft games appearing on PC I'm no longer buying consoles.

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
I have a beefy PC for PC games like Civilization, and PS4 Pro for everything else. It's just that easier to play on consoles (everything just works instantly). Plus, graphically there's no real difference anymore so PC makes less sense nowadays, especially with insane Nvidia prices.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have both. Pretty much choose PC unless I just flat out can't get it on the Switch of PS4.

I will sometimes get low-fi games that aren't gonna get a big boost from a resolution bump (like say, Sonic Mania) on Switch as well.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
High end gaming PC and all the consoles. Mostly game on console. I play for convenience and I collect physical games.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My PC was middle ground when I built it 3-4 years ago but still handles everything fine, but I also have a rather outdated monitor so I'm not pushing things graphically at all. But yes, also have PS4/Switch - likely won't get PS5 immediately when it comes out but likely in the first year.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I have a high end PC(2080ti/9900k/32gb ram) and a PS4 for exclusives. I plan to upgrade to a PS5 to keep everything going smoothly.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
I have a semi-decent PC now as well as a switch and ps4. I haven't turned the ps4 on in months, but I play the switch daily. PC is my platform of choice anymore for most things. On switch I tend to buy games that are exclusives, indie games, and good ports. Growing up I was pretty much always Nintendo + PC, so I've kind of gotten back to this as a grown-ass adult.

Really I just look for where the best place for me to play a game at is going to be and whether it plays better with kb/m or a controller. I seldom use a controller on PC anymore aside from stuff like Dark Souls that pretty much require it.

mho79

Oct 28, 2017
Decent PC (2070 Super), PS4Pro and Switch, only very occasionally play on PC and only games that are not on console

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I have a pc w 1080ti, a laptop w a 2060 and PS4 Pro, X1X, and Switch

Play exclusives on the respective consoles.

Multiplayer is mostly Xbox and sometimes PC (two different friends groups). For example I own Modern Warfare on both Xbox and PC. Yes this annoys me.

Single player multiplats I like on PC, give me that 60+fps anyday.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty good PC (RTX 2070, 7700K, 16GB RAM) that blows my Pro and X out of the water spec wise but I mostly stick to my consoles.

The only stuff I really play on PC are RTS games.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I have a PC (2070 Super), PS4 Pro, XBox One X and a Switch. Mostly game on the PC, Switch now and then. Haven't touched the PS4 or XBox for some time.

Same setup for me (Switch is the kids, mostly). The PC, X1X and PS4 Pro are all hooked up to the same TV. I mostly use the X1X for streaming apps and BC, and the last I've used the PS4 before Ghosts of Tsushima was for Spider-Man. The PC is my main gaming platform, especially now that Microsoft supports it with first party and Game Pass Ultimate.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I have a decent PC and a base PS4. These days I find myself favouring PC more and so I get everything on PC unless it's a full exclusive. At the start of the gen I was still of the mindset I need a console particularly for some Japanese games but even that doesn't feel particularly necessary anymore. I'm happy to wait for PC versions if there is even an inkling that something is being ported there.

Unlikely to bother with a console next gen as there wasn't really enough for me that was full exclusive this time round and I don't see that changing. Also I've started to resent needing to own hardware just for a few games anyway. If you want my money you have to come to me in future.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. My PC is for work mostly. Hackintosh. But I assume Microsoft will show things on Thursday that will change that.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have a mid tier PC, Switch and PS4 Pro, I usually just buy exclusives on console and everything else on PC because games tend to be cheaper.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
I have a PS4 Pro, a pretty decent machine (3700X and a 2070 Super), and a Switch. The split is probably 70%, 20%, and 10%, respectively. Pretty much everything that I have on PC is not on consoles. I just like the PlayStation ecosystem and trophies, I guess.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I have a beefy PC that I use for both games and work, a PS4 Pro, an XB1X, and a Switch+Lite.

I use my PC most, PS4 second most, Switch, and then Xbox.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yea, but I mostly use the pc for work since I prefer consoles.

I used to primarily gamee on pc and my pc was way stronger back then. SLI, always top of the line gpu with frequent upgrades of other parts.

Now I just have a pc that can game pretty well but is just used to play games occasionally like Civ or other pc exclusives like Gears Tactics when that launched.

For me it's Xbox 50%, PS 45%, PC 4%, Switch/Other 1%

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I do.

I typically choose ps4 pro because I game late at night and the room with my PC in is next to my sons so can't be used after 7.30pm