• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I've found myself saying "that's on the bucket list" enough times lately that I decided I'm finally gonna start maintaining one. I'm not sure if it's because I'm turning 40 or just starting a new chapter in my life, or something else. Maybe I'm just bored and miss traveling.

I'm sitting at my desk now and trying to get a good start on it. So far, the things that I have written down have to do with traveling, hobbies and creative pursuits. Things I want to see at least once in my life, places I want to go. Projects I'd like to finish. That sort of thing.

I started putting romantic goals on there as I am, let's say, between relationships right now. But that got depressing fast lol. I will keep that stuff in my head. I think that sort of (hopefully) short-term goal doesn't belong on a bucket list. I'm keeping other stuff that is immediately in sight, like fitness and career goals, off the list as well.

Anyway people talk about bucket lists a lot and I'm curious how many people actually keep up with one and try to cross something off every once in awhile, especially within the typical age range of this board. What sorts of things do you definitely want to experience in this life? Do you keep track of them?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's not very big & just has a handful of countries I want to visit at least once & publishing a book. That's about it.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
9c10e24fe7ef8e3035936414d3ebd4fe.jpg

Edit: Honestly though? Not really.. but I'm awful at keeping track of things in general & tend to forget them even after writing them down :(

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to have a home with a garden.
But that's quite unlikely. I'm a millennial so small apartment for me

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Mostly travel to specific countries.

I do want to do one of those wing suit dives/flights, but not until im much older and near death haha - I really don't expect to survive that bucket item.

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
  1. More international trips (Germany, Switzerland, Iceland, Amsterdam, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, the Caribbean, etc.)
  2. Take a trip to the west coast of the US (I've already been up and down the east coast and to the midwest)
  3. Get into a relationship that has potential for marriage
  4. Write a screenplay for a feature film and submit it to screenwriting competitions
  5. Go to Burning Man
  6. Make a few video essay style Youtube videos
  7. Finally buckle down and learn to sketch/draw properly like I've always wanted to (I've already got some Andrew Loomis books and software for posing figures for reference)

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
no, what i do is say to someone what i want to do and i remember saying it and eventually it becomes true, especially if i have some external encouragement

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
See all the Disney parks, especially Tokyo.

Go to Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Samoa. There's more of course but those are my top picks.

Move to Florida to be near Walt Disney World, but not until I'm about 50.

Make a legit gaming room, so I can set it up how I want rather than gaming in the living room and retro gaming in my bedroom with the Trinitron

Road trip across the US. Even the flyover states. It feels weird to have not seen half my country. Yellowstone is a big part of this.

Play Survivor 😔. I know this will never happen but I want to believe.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So far this is my list (I crossed off what I've finished):
  • Visit England
  • Visit Japan
  • Visit Nepal
  • Visit Egypt
  • Attack and dethrone God

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
-Visit Europe
-Visit Japan
-Pay off my Mortgage and live in a home that I own free and clear

I think I will probably manage 1 and 3. I don't know that I can actually convince my wife to go to Japan with me.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would love to meet a nice girl, get married, and have children.

If I can't do that I guess I'll become Dr Doom