• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
#feelyourway

Not happy with generally making America unhealthy and paying their employees starvation wages, Burger King now wants you to drown your sorrows (like how you might feel when you realize you only make $8 an hour working there) in Burger King's own addiction, unhealthy, serotonin releasing fast food.

Imagine being in the US in 2019 while the country is in the gripes of major depressive drug addiction and thinking this is the wagon you want to hitch your salty meat products to.

PSA: Fast Food is bad for you. Fast Food is addictive. Using Burger King to cope with or reward your life will only make your life worse while lining Burger King's pockets. Fast Food is not an adequate alternative to substance abuse.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-food-addiction-works

The fact is junk foods stimulate the reward system in the brain in the same way as abusive drugs like cocaine.

For susceptible people, eating junk foods can lead to full-blown addiction, which shares the same biological basis as addiction to abusive drugs

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Halfway through the video, I half expected to see a millennial hanging, but then the king swoops in and saves em by lifting their feet up.

What an awful, awful video. I hope the persons responsible get fired.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
It's nice to see that they support initiatives that are meant to help people with mental health issues.

It's quite absurd to see such support communicated by way of themed burger menus.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It's amazing that in 2019, marketing initiatives for fucking burgers are rooted in controversy for the potential to incite internet outrage.

wandering

flĆ¢neur
Oct 25, 2017
As usual, any and all movements towards social progress are inevitably subsumed by capitalism.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna watch this ad but I'm going to say in general I'm not against corporate wokeness. The SunnyD tweet and the responses were wholesome :)

But it could also be that I've read Infinite Jest. #YearoftheWhopper

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
These are the death sharts of a corporation far past the point of no return

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 week): trolling
And yet on this very forum I have been told it's ok and even empowering if you're overweight?

So which is it?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
my best friend is also a burger conglomerate that gets me on twitter #relatable #Whopper

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
The healthline article you linked is a bit misleading.

Healthline article said:
Eating junk food causes a release of dopamine in the brain. This reward encourages susceptible individuals to eat more unhealthy foods.

This is false. The brain releases dopamine if it senses a chance to obtain a reward, even if the reward isn't pleasurable. This video goes more into that.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
If it gets one person to go to the mentalhealthamerica.net website even as a goof, I'm for it.

The boxes launch on May 1 in conjunction with Mental Health Month. Since 1949, MHA and our affiliates across the country have led the observance of May is Mental Health Month by reaching millions of people through the media, local events and online screenings. Participating restaurant locations: 3301 Fourth Avenue South, Seattle, Washington, 98134; 474 7th Avenue, New York, New York, 10018; 4918 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 90027; Farm-to-Market 969, Austin, Texas, 78724; 1100-5th Street, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God good they are going to get roasted to fuck over this.

I haven't seen a big brand misfire this hard since the Kendall Jenner Pepsi Superbowl commercial.

All they really had to do was not put their stupid trash food at the end of the spot too.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I honestly don't hate this, i also like the tagline "no one is happy all the time". it's a weird mashup and the endgame is profit but i don't know.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
If it gets one person to go to the mentalhealthamerica.net website even as a goof, I'm for it.

That's the upside. The downside is how this type of awareness might have people thinking mental health is a total joke.
A greasy Sadboxā„¢ isn't a great association with human suffering.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
That's the upside. The downside is how this type of awareness might have people thinking mental health is a total joke.
A greasy Sadboxā„¢ isn't a great association with human suffering.
Sure, but I'd like to think the amount of eyes on this ad campaign (based on BK's worldwide reach and the eventual backlash ) will reach at least some of the people that most need it. Not the ideal campaign, but it's a good thing overall.

Definitely understand the criticism though. But it's a small blowback considering the overall message.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This is seriously only about 10% away from being an SNL skit. And not a very good one!

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

@nihilist_arbys
Presenting this fucking monstrosity: the arbynator: helping you end this nightmare of sentient existence as quickly as possible.

Enjoy Arby's

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That ad is so bad. Holy shit. Like while I support mental health awareness and you know people being able to be human and have emotions this comes off real bad.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Can this stage of capitalism just fucking crash in on itself already...?