• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Breath of the Wild 2 be shown in the February 17th, 2021 direct?

• Yes

Votes: 206 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 147 41.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect them to announce a Zelda focused direct in the direct itself and BotW 2 will show up there among other things.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yes, but probably a small tease or something to tell us that they'll have a dedicated Zelda direct later.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i expect AoC DLC plans here, and at most a teaser of BOTW2 with more to come around E3 time

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Of course. I doubt it'll have a longer dev cycle than BoTW, and that was 2.5 years from first trailer to release.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The LA remake format of teaser in Feb - blowout in June - fall release seems reasonable to me.

For sure not a blowout, but a teaser trailer and maybe a title so they can frame a June presentation around "Focusing on the Legend of Zelda: ______ and other games coming in 2021" seems reasonable

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i think a short trailer/teaser, but not coming out this year. the announcement cycle for Zelda games is longer than for other franchises.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
**Switch games coming in the first half of 2021**

Yes, of course we will see Botw2 no doubt. How can OP even ask such as sill question🙄

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
1m30s teaser with a title reveal tomorrow, a full gameplay blow-out with a precise release date later this year alongside the Switch Pro reveal.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
**Switch games coming in the first half of 2021**

Yes, of course we will see Botw2 no doubt. How can OP even ask such as sill question🙄

They say these things every single time and we get games further out every single time. I'm pretty sure the game was announced at a direct that said it was focusing on 2019 games.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Yes but only in an incredibly formal, obligatory sort of way.

The tweet announcement does specify "first half of 2020" and that probably ain't BOTW2.

BUT I also think it would be really weird for Nintendo to NOT mention what is easily their most anticipated title in their first major direct for over a year.

Hell even if it's just a "Here's the subtitle, look forward to seeing it again later this year", it needs *some* kind of update at this point.

mutt

Dec 28, 2020
If they lump the 35th anniversary into this direct, I'm expecting some Zelda 35th anniversary merch, something zelda-related that nobody asked for but makes us say "neat, I guess", and maybe a BotW2 teaser trailer reminding us that it still exists. If they are planning a separate anniversary event, I expect no Zelda announcements at all.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I'm expecting it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't there, if that makes sense lol

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Guys, a few hours ago we were choosing whether this week would have a Partner Showcase or a Direct Mini. Now we're getting a 50-minute general Direct. Anyone saying it's "impossible" to have BOTW2 news right now, 5 days from the Anniversary, well, might have to rethink it

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah why not. Idc if it doesn't hold up true since we haven't had a proper Direct in so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.