• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you drink with your coworkers after work?

• Yes

Votes: 150 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 273 59.3%
  • I don't have a job

Votes: 23 5.0%
  • I go out but I don't drink

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I don't, mostly because I see enough of them during the work week and I don't want to spend extra time/money I could be spending with my hobbies & friends/loved ones. But I can see why people would enjoy it. It also doesn't help that I've become more of a lightweight as I've gotten older and the last thing I want to do is get drunk around people I try to be professional around.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No I mostly work with boring dudes so it feels like a waste of time mostly. Still going out sometimes but very very rarely. I rather meet people that I don't see 40 hours a week.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well I don't drink much but I have gone out when invited. I'm lucky: my coworkers are pretty cool.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
My coworkers and I all telecommute.

But whenever we do any gatherings, I'm the only one who drinks...

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Did it for years.
Decided at some point that I prefer hanging with actual friends rather than coworker friends.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Usually only after attending other work parties. So we will go to the work party, then a bunch of us break off together and gets drinks and such.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe a Friday many many moons ago but honestly screw that now, waste of money, just have a random night out once in a while. I would rather just relax and eat nice food.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
If my work are paying for the drinks, yeah sure

Otherwise not often, occasionally on a Friday lunchtime we will go for a pint or two

Oct 27, 2017
Yes but I don't drink with them just hang out, everyone at work feels like part of a second family. We all help each other out and are really cool. I just helped some one from work move to a new place earlier with my other co worker who is more like a brother at this point then a friend or co worker. There's about 20 of us who work together ranging from 20 to 60 years old, maybe not being part of a huge business helps.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
When I was younger I would a few times a week but once I got married and had kids I stopped outside of the odd occasion. I prefer leaving work and going straight home so I can help with the bedtime routine.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. They're cool or whatever, but we ain't that tight. I'm pretty socially anxious though, so that's all on me. They often eat lunch together, but I almost never join them. I've worked there two years now. We got two new hires in the last month, and both are closer to my coworkers than I am already, just because they all lunch together lol.

Some of it is me liking it that way, but some of it is me desiring a connection but not really knowing how to foster one.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The one joy of retail: You all get off at disparate hours usually so there's no pressure to be social outside of work. That and you can assume anyone working it is probably broke / has to go do other shit.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have, but I was friends with some of the people I work with before work.

That being said I have a family so I've only done it like once since working at my current job.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
no because we don't live near each other, but I would occasionally if we did

Oct 26, 2017
Voted yes but it's pretty rare honestly. A lot of people do this multiple times per week where I live (including weekends) and I find it really depressing

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
No. My coworkers are are work. I don't want to hang out with them outside of it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to serve in the armed forces and the camaraderie was one of the few things that keeps people sane in the military. Granted, the norm around drinking is a huge problem, but I've met and have made some of the closest friends from shooting the shit outside of work. Sober, or drunk. Haha.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get all super friendly with all my coworkers. I'll bond with a few, but that's it. And I never, ever, ever add any coworker on any social media, regardless of if i don't even use any SM anymore

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Depends if i am cool with them. I use to have a group at my old job. We worked 3rd shift so we would leave work and sometimes get fucked up. You know a lot of people refused to serve Everclear before 10 in the morning?

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, but only when we hang in the office kitchen and drink company booze at the end of the day/week. No interest in "going out" to drink.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
more with former coworkers who have become friends than current coworkers

when I was younger, i would more often, but now I am more selective with who I wanna spend time with drinking

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the job and who my coworkers are. I definitely did it more when I was working retail.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Mostly not unless we're traveling, but that's because it's all paid for.

Otherwise I'd rather go home to my games or hang out with my friends.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I work evening shift at the hospital, so yes.

Not every time, but I definitely go.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I like my current job site and coworkers, so I've done some happy hours on Fridays after work. Other sites and coworkers... less so, so I would avoid if it wasn't a higher-up buying.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Once I'm off the clock, you won't see me until the next shift, unless you have Facebook.

I also don't drink.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
At my previous job, I would try to go if the coworkers I liked were there. I don't drink, but I'd order a coke. Good times. I worked with some amazing people so I didn't mind seeing them out of the office.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Old job, all the time. I loved my coworkers. My boss married me and my wife. He's in my city this weekend with another coworker so we're kicking it this weekend.

New job, heeeeeelllllllll naaaaaw. I just want to go home. Fuck these people.