• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How often do you floss?

• Multiple times per day

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • Once a day

Votes: 181 48.1%
  • Once a week

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • When I think about it

Votes: 64 17.0%
  • Just before visiting the dentist

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Fuck floss

Votes: 41 10.9%

• Total voters

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I basically didn't forever and then my teeth got incredibly nasty and I had to have them deep cleaned. Now I do every day even though I still never feel like it lol

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Daily. My gums improved noticeably when I became more serious about it and have been perfect since.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a choice it's almost better to floss them brush. In between teeth is where the plaque and bacteria grow the most

Oct 27, 2017
I don't, but I know I should, but then more days pass and I get increasingly worried about the outcome. I got a pack and everything. I guess I really don't like blood.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Yeah, a few times a day. I didn't bother for most of my life, but got it drilled into my routine while I had braces a few years ago.

Indalecio

Oct 27, 2017
I started flossing somewhat more regularly again a couple months ago. Twice a week is often enough to keep my gums from bleeding. I use those floss pick things though because I'm bad at normal floss.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I use a floss pick or waterfloss at least once a day. I have to due to braces.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Twice a day.

kObPu5d.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
For awhile I was being really bad about my oral hygiene and not taking it nearly as seriously as I should have been, but here lately I've been much more on top of it and have been making sure to both floss and brush twice a day. If I don't do both twice, I make sure to do them both at least once.

If you've been neglecting your mouth health for awhile, if you start to take care of things as they should, the difference in how they (and you) feel will be really surprising.

Your gums should not bleed from either flossing or brushing and if they do, I'm pretty sure that's a sign of poor mouth health. After a few days of proper care, they shouldn't bleed when you do either and you'll love how much stronger your mouth will feel.

Oct 28, 2017
If you have a choice it's almost better to floss them brush. In between teeth is where the plaque and bacteria grow the most

Haha, this is wrong.

And guys, I know you love the floss picks but they don't adapt or wrap around the tooth as well as regular floss. Most people don't floss correctly, you have to adapt the floss around the tooth in a c-shape and go under the gumline along each tooth (ie. Popping the floss between two teeth will help with cavity prevention, but won't get all the plaque out of the gums. You have to go deeper)

Having said all of that, I am heartened a bit by this thread as a whole so far

For awhile I was being really bad about my oral hygiene and not taking it nearly as seriously as I should have been, but here lately I've been much more on top of it and have been making sure to both floss and brush twice a day. If I don't do both twice, I make sure to do them both at least once.

If you've been neglecting your mouth health for awhile, if you start to take care of things as they should, the difference in how they (and you) feel will be really surprising.

Your gums should not bleed from either flossing or brushing and if they do, I'm pretty sure that's a sign of poor mouth health. After a few days of proper care, they shouldn't bleed when you do either and you'll love how much stronger your mouth will feel.

100%.... nice job!

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Never floss, brush twice a day, visit the dentist about once every five years when some family member nags me to the point I give up and go, no issues. My family hates my teeth. My dentist hates my teeth.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Yea at least once a day. Mostly before going to sleep. It's kind of satisfying so it never feels like a chore to me.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
There's a wire glued to the back of my teeth, so I can't really, not without missing the most allegedly important areas to floss.
The dentist has never said a peep to me about flossing in 5 years, so I assume it's a non-issue.
Wouldn't shock me if the importance of flossing is really overblown, like many health things used to be.
It could just be that flossing is a US thing, as I live in Australia.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I used to not consistently when I was younger but for years now I haven't missed a day.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
yes because at the beginning of this year i had to get a gum graft surgery and it sucked. take care of your gums, friends.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt for 30 years so this flossing is pretty recent. The result was one crown and small cavity. I got super lucky there wasnt more damage over the years.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I used to be terrible about flossing and it fucked up my teeth so bad. Cost me a lot of money to fix later.

Now I floss religiously.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
After every meal. I'm the weirdo that keeps a spare flosser on their person since I'm conscientious about hygiene including stuff stuck to my teeth.

Oct 29, 2017
I keep floss in my car, in my bag, even in my wallet. I treated my teeth like shit growing up and have paid a steep price to get them looking and feeling good again, and flossing is where it begins and ends for me.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once a day. I actually enjoy doing it. Kinda hurts when you really get in there under the gumline, but feels good at the same time?

Oct 25, 2017
I do even though the evidence supporting it is low quality and the benefits, if they do exist, are likely small. At least that was the case a few years ago when I checked.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i should really do better about this. i just have a weird thing about putting my fingers in my mouth it grosses me out lol

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I can't imagine not flossing regularly. That'd be kind of like not wanting to bathe regularly to me.

Last edited: