• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Yes, I only play one game at a time and don't start another one until I've finished the one I'm currently playing.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Honestly? I probably finish (ie beat the final level/boss) about 1/3 of the games I play.
A lot of games I will pour tons of hours into but then never actually beat the final boss. Like BOTW I played for 175 hours without beating Ganon.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I say it half jokingly, but I believe there's some truth to it.

Compulsively buying hundreds of games and not having the motivation to finish any of them is a personal weakness.
This is true. I will say this. If I buy the game full price, I beat it. If I get it on game pass or on sale, I'm probably not beating it. It's sad to say but it's true. I'm just not. I am so bad about completing games and complaining about length, I was begging for TLOU2 to end by hour 15

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Very rarely sadly. I have such a bad habit of fully dropping games if I don't keep playing them at a consistent enough rate, even when I'm enjoying it. I binged TLOU2 in 2 days and I'm sure if I hadn't gone so hard at it, I would've already been dropped it.

The only games where I'm almost certain that I'll beat the newest entry are the RGG Studio titles. And even then, I didn't bother beating some of their side games like Yakuza Dead Souls, the two Yakuza PSP games and that new Monkey Ball remaster.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Almost always, but I guess it depends a little. I got the Genesis Collection on sale and I'm not going to play, let alone finish all 50 games. But any game I pay full price for I am 95% guaranteed to finish unless I can't stand it.

Raziel

Alt Account
Banned
May 28, 2019
Yes, I finnish them since every game that I play, I really want to play it. Sadly there isnt many that i really want to play tho

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
If I am having fun, sure. I won't complete something just for the sake of completing it. It is not a job but a hobby.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I'm a patient person, so even if I'm not enjoying a game immediately, I'll usually finish just so I know I've had the full experience with the game. For example I just beat the The Last of Us, which I initially felt was outright terrible (I know I'm an outlier), but ended up being decent and worth my time. That being said, I don't really have enough gaming time to bother with anything other than the most acclaimed titles, so it's rare that I encounter a truly terrible game.

The only exception is where I get too busy to play a game and it's not very convenient to play it. I'm way more likely to finish a game on Switch than on PS4 because I know I'll find more opportunities to squeeze in some play time.

As for DLC, I almost never touch it, even if I loved the main game. As I said, I don't have a lot of gaming time, so even if I'm loving a game, I start to feel pressure to move on to the next title in my backlog. As a result I end up getting frustrated when games are really long, even when it's not due to bloat. I end up skipping side quests, mini games and even game mechanics that I wouldn't otherwise. So as far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't important enough to include as part of the main game, it's not a critical part of the experience.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If I start something I typicality finish it. In an unhealthy way since it is what drags me down between stating things because I know that whatever I do pick to do next will have my full focus and attention till it is done.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Almost always.

The last game I started, didn't finish and will
never go back to was Grand Kingdom. I regret downloading it, even though it was free on PS+.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's 50-50 to me. The only games I don't are games I played because I got them free or dirt cheap and just want to check out or in the rare chance I'm not enjoying a game. But than again, I have finished some games that aren't fun like Resident Evil 6 and Persona 5 but I thought those were valuable to go through.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I always decide by myself which game I want to play. If I buy a game, I will finish it, 100%.

Also, I never play two games at the same time, sometimes it ends up ruining my experience in terms of controls, story, immersion.

Vert1

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
so are you guys do it like me, or you have some sort of commitment to finish all the game your purchase? (for example: for the sake of achievements, etc)
I have to finish all my purchased games of 2020.
Dated back from years ago when I was a child, I have this tendency to left games at near ending because I'm losing my interest and can't play that game till 5 years++ later
Did that for Wind Waker, although maybe a little less than 5. Really satisfying coming back to a game with such an epic finale. Did you have any game ending payoff for waiting all those years?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Lately? Yes, I do.

For some reason I thought most of the games I own were like 120+ hours long, which kinda made me go "I don't have the time for this", but after digging some info up, they're actually very short. Specially Infamous: Second Son, bought it in 2015 and beat it last month in like two sittings lol.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I try to finish games I buy most of the time. If I'm not enjoying it, I'll just stop and delete it. Life's too short to waste spending time doing things I don't enjoy.

Typically though, I know early on while playing a game whether or not I'll enjoy it. So most games I'll either get through 10% or I'll finish it. I rarely go for 100% completion though, unless the optional material is very engaging.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Finishing means I have to start them first. I don't remember the last time I started a new game.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Most of them, but I only start games that I really want to play. I don't "experiment" as much as I used to do, and during the last years I've started to simply ignore some big genres or publishers/developers after being disappointed with some of their games.

So yeah I do, but I don't "try" many games that I'm unsure about.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought a sad amount of games I've never finished or played much.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii U)
Call of Duty 3
Gears of War
MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
Ninja Gaiden 3
Gran Turismo 5
BioShock (360)
BioShock (PS4)
God Of War III (PS4)
BioShock 2 (PS4)
Heavy Rain (PS3, PS4)
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Batman: Arkham City (PS4, played on 360)
inFamous
The Elder Scrolls V (360)
The Elder Scrolls V (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V (Switch)
The Elder Scrolls V (XONE)
Dark Souls (360)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
LA Noire (Switch, played on PS3)
Gears of War 3
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LittleBigPlanet 2
The Lord of the Rings: War of the North
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed III (PS3, played on 360)
Assassin's Creed III (PS4)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Crysis 3
GTA V
BioShock Infinite (PS4, played on PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
The Walking Dead (Vita)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Dishonored (PS3)
Dishonored (PS4)
Far Cry 4
Alien: Isolation
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Watch Dogs
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Assassin's Creed: Rogue (360)
Assassin's Creed: Rogue (XONE)
LittleBigPlanet 3
Bloodborne
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Fallout 4
Until Dawn
No Man's Sky
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Titanfall 2
The Last Guardian
Watch Dogs 2
Destiny 2
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Call of Duty: WWII
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Yakuza 0
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
SoulCalibur VI
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Man I could have saved a lot of money.

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
Most of them yes.. but sometimes it takes me months or even years to get back to a game and finish it

never

Oct 28, 2017
I play a Heroes of the Storm, Civ 6, and Magic the Gathering a lot. You can't beat those games so I've gotten used to the idea of not completing games. When I buy or download a game from game pass it's usually not to beat it, as it is to just take a break from one of the previous mentioned games. So I play it for like 5-10 hours and then move on.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
If the game is boring me, I'll just put it down. I do try to stand a boring game at first but if it becomes unbearable: so sorry.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Most yes but if im bored I'm quitting. If it's not bad I'll usually suffer through.

When games are too long i get upset, finish anyway but won't replay. TLOU2, Death Stranding, Days Gone.

Stupidly long games I'm no longer interested in like RDR2 and AC games. I didn't play any of those this gen.

The last long-ass game I played was GTA5 and that's what probably broke me. I don't need 40+ hours of anyone's story as I don't have the attention span for it and when I lose interest my time becomes much more valuable to me than an "achievement".

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
I used to but my hard drive died on my PS4 and didn't have any cloud saves so a lot of the games I was playing at the time I didn't bother trying to get back to redo everything. Very rarely do games keep me interested long enough though. Really depends on the story for me nowadays.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
If I like the game yes, why even multiple times. If I ever feel like the game becomes a chore I drop it quickfast.

Oct 25, 2017
I usually finish games. I have to really not be feeling something, or some life event has to pop up for me to drop something.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the type of game, and how much time I put into it over the course of a few days. If it's a super long game I may burn myself out, and if that happens I rarely get around to finishing it unless it's a GREAT game.

There are also other games like Monster Hunter World that you can't really "finish", I mean there is a story but there is progression past it and new content every few months that I put hundreds of hours into.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
If I get a decent way into a game I usually finish it or mean to get back to it.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
To the best of my abilities yes.

But I'll stop if I start to feel like I'm forcing myself to do it just so I can play the next game on my list.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I always have the intention of beating a game I've bought. There's a handful of games I've bought though that I just gave up on and never went back to

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
i'm ashamed of my backlog. ive been playing okami on switch since it came out.

i have beat like a handful games this gen and bought like hundreds

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I either play a game for 2-4 hours or completely finish it. Hardly ever an in between. If it interests me enough to keep me for those first few hours, I'm usually committed after that point.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
I start 2 games at a time and continue with the one that holds my attention more. Put the other one back in "backlog" pile. Repeat.

Sometimes I pick up this other game again and find it interesting enough to finish it.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Not anymore. If I'm not enjoying it, I'll drop it. I don't force myself to finish games anymore.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
If I don't like a game, I usually know within the 2-hour window I have to refund it. If I like it, I finish it.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say I finish most of the games I start and often, if I drop a game before completing it I'll try and come back to it at some point, even if it's years later (as an example, it took me five years to come back and finish the first Dishonored and I was like 30 minutes worth of playtime away from the ending when I dropped it...)

I'm more terrible at actually starting to play the games I buy, I have a huge list of shit I paid for, sometimes even full price, that I have yet to play. Which is why this year I set a limit on my purchases, I have to finish three games before I can buy a new one. It's been pretty effective so far.