• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

how hot do you find your brethren?

• more attractive on average

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • less attractive on average

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • 100% attractive

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • 0% attractive

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Making a thread that categorizes people aesthetically based on nationality and race, thread making privileges revoked for the next six months
Walking around Amsterdam will astound you. What's up with the taller, beautiful people?

Is this because of all the biking?

I'm convinced that countries with cities designed for walking + great public transportation produce healthier citizens on average. Because they're walking around all day instead of sitting in a car stuck in traffic. Exercise.

Do you find your country's people to be more or less attractive than the global average?

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many threads do you make per day?

No offense intended

Edit: There is no answer to this question. There are attractive people in every country.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We hot.

We Danes are famous for being the most beautiful people of Northern Europe.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
The way you've written your op is like so ethnocentric it's unbelievable lmao. You do know beauty is subjective, yes? White, tall people aren't necessarily "more attractive than the global average." Like fucking yikes.

Also you need to take a break from Europe threads. They're bordering on fetishistic.

Edit: nice edit lmao. I guess at least you realized how horrible you sounded.

Last edited:

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Spoiler Alert. It's because they're wealthy.

Wealthy people are healthier, better dressed, can afford good food, dental care and cosmetics, have time to work out etc etc.

Some thing basically anywhere in the world.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I went to Italy a few summers ago and was stunned how pretty much every woman there was gorgeous.

I think English women are nice but I honestly don't have much frame of reference to what "average" is.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
The Dutch are anything but hot lol.

Unless tallness is your only attractiveness factor.

Scandinavians have them beat.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
By that logic, australians must be the prettiest ppl in the world considering they all run from snakes and dodging kangaroos punch daily.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated question: If we block users on Era do we only not see their posts or do we not see their threads too?

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Judging entire countries on their "looks" just makes me feel weird, but I'm not super into it on a personal level either.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Bigger cities tend to have wealthier people. Wealthier people tend to look better than those who are poor.

Go to a small dutch town far away from Amsterdam and then revise your statement.

It's the same thing everywhere : "Woah, french people are so elegant and good looking !" -> Get out of Paris.

Oh Hi Mark

Oct 29, 2017
Big cities have more people and you notice more attractive people. Especially when the weather is good

Nov 17, 2017
Every country has beautiful people. I don't think there's anything particular about Dutch people that makes them more attractive than anyone else. Are you from the Netherlands? Maybe it has more to do with you being foreign and the people there just being "exotic" to you.

Edit: nice edit lmao. I guess at least you realized how horrible you sounded.
Now I'm curious cause I got that sense even with the edit.

Hydeus

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
France
Les-Visiteurs-RVB-900.jpg

French. Yes we are OP.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Honest to god, that was one of the first things I noticed when I moved from Los Angeles to Colorado Springs. Colorado people style is worse, on average even just swiping on tinder or other sites is lower (and the diversity is pretty shit too, which definitely affects it). Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of attractive people out here - just a combination of things has a huge affect on perception.

Like, when my women friends point out a guy they think is cute, it's usually some tall, skinny, white dude with a backwards dad hat and looks like he smokes a pack a day.

Not that I'm by any means attractive. Just sayin'

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Every country has beautiful people. I don't think there's anything particular about Dutch people that makes them more attractive than anyone else. Are you from the Netherlands? Maybe it has more to do with you being foreign and the people there just being "exotic" to you.

Now I'm curious cause I got that sense even with the edit.
Unfortunately didn't think to screenshot it or anything but the tone made it even more obvious that OP considers white people to be the global average for hotness.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
whys this article always so relevant: http://reductress.com/post/quiz-is-he-cute-or-is-he-just-tall-and-white/

I feel like for me i get more examples in my home country where im sure they look fine but they don't attract me because they look a bit "brotherly" or "sisterly" or just plain "generic" to my eyes. I could never imagine dating anyone I went to school with as a kid. Weird hangup I know.

I think swedes/brits/dutch are massively overrated because of caucasian beauty worship (and perceiving thinness as "health") but then my partner lives right next to NL and hes hhhhhooootttttttttttttttter than the surface of the sun so i guess im a hippogriff

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
OP is in a major city.

What a surprise that major cities have lots of attractive young people that walk everywhere. It's like going to a college town and using that as a projection on the whole damn country.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is like an episode of Seinfeld. About as shallow as you can get, yet somehow I am still entertained by it.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
the english are.. hmm, let's just say i'm glad i grew up in and spend a lot of time in multicultural london

Oct 27, 2017
I will do the opposite and answer about that which I'm most attracted to, which is Latina women at the moment. I love the dark hair, dark eyes and lovely healthy looking skin combo. As someone from the UK I've always found the sort of Mediterranean/Latina skin colour to be gorgeous.

Dude... what's going on with you and Europe?

They just need to fuck and get it over with.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
We spend all the time y'all spend on clapping in movie theaters on walking, exercising and getting stylish instead.
It's time to stop, OP

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This may sound sexest (sp) and I apologize if it does. I've been blessed to have worked all over the world. And what I've noticed is that Texas has the highest concentration of beautiful women compared to anywhere in the world. That includes the Netherlands.

As far as men goes... Who cares? šŸ˜‚

Nov 9, 2017
I have been out of the dating market myself, but I have noticed a lot of very attractive young women in America. Lots of strong personality types and distinctive styles. There also seem to be a lot more mixed-race young people of both genders that just look "good" IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.