• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I always get compliments when I grow my beard out...so the beard stays. Not that I'd expect someone to outright compliment my clean shaven jawline or stubble though, lol.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The guys I find the most attractive tend tm be in shape and have a well trimmed beard.

Scraggly and wispy, no thanks. Just shave that shit off.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
I think a WELL-KEPT, SHORT beard is super sexy.

That being said, I usually go for stubble myself because I'm fucking lazy. Hit everything with the electric razor, and then foil for the neck and cheeks. Takes two minutes and I can wear it for a few days before I have to do anything with it.

I'm married though so I guess it's easier for me.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I am keeping mine at a stubble level. Unless you keep your beard trimmed you will be walking around like that dude from the Harry Potter movies.

Jan 2, 2018
I usually have a well maintained low cut beard. Like max few mm's. I notice that's what women liked the most for me. My wife actually gets mad when I shave it off.

Oct 30, 2017
I have a bad excuse of a beard on my face but only because I suffer from a horrible case of chubby boy-faced man syndrome. Don't even have real stubble yet at damn near 26 :(

I'd go clean shaven if I had the jaw for it but whenever I trim it I'm flooded with feelings of instant regret.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the man. But beards are somewhat silly these days imo. I mean... just look around. EVerybody trying to get that Jesus-charisma. Kinda embarrassing if i'm honest. But some wear it really well. Impressive even.
I have a bad excuse of a beard on my face but only because I suffer from a horrible case of chubby boy-faced man syndrome. Don't even have real stubble yet at damn near 26 :(

I'd go clean shaven if I had the jaw for it but whenever I trim it I'm flooded with feelings of instant regret.
Yeah i'm 46 now and i'm finally getting some shape in my round fucking boy-face. If i don't have a stubble i'm basically a meat-orange, since i'm bald as well.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
It depends on the guy, his face and hair. No look works for everyone, obviously. The beard trend nowadays is kind of silly, so many men are growing beards and on some it just doesn't look good. A friend of mine has a wide jaw and insists on keeping a beard, it looks awful as it makes his jaw look even wider.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What do people think of guys with different colors in their facial hair?

My moustache grows in red, my goatee area below the moustache is a dirty blonde, the rest is mostly dark brown and a little streak of white at the bottom, it's weird.

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Moustache! I've been growing mine for four months. Looks like what others grow in four days.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
In my experience most girls prefer stubble over clean shaven, but I have rough facial hair so it's a problem when kissing sometimes. Anyone know how I can soften it up?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm often too lazy to shave for weeks at a time but I wouldn't try and claim its attractive. I find the fashion for full 1800s style beards pretty hideous personally

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
chris-evans-height-weight-age.jpg

7c12b3dde9af5448a8548929ea02f82a.jpg

chris-evans-danielle-levitt.jpg

A riddle for the ages.
Bearded Chris Heavens all the way

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
The most I ever let my facial hair out I ended up looking like one of the cavemen from the early Geico commercials.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I grew a beard after being clean shaven for years, and now every so often, I ask if I should shave my beard off.

Guys say "Oh god, never shave off that beard. It's awesome."

Women are divided. Here in Japan, most Japanese women say I should shave it, but it seems like a regional thing. Most foreign ladies would rather I keep it.

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a peak moment in a man's facial hair where it maintains stubble appearance but is long enough to get soft and less sand-papery. I contend that this is objectively the best from an anesthetic and a sensation standpoint. I like the feeling of a bit of scruff on my husband's chin but I don't like rug burn. There exists a happy median.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I have that weird kinda face where I look pretty handsome with a short beard, but I also look like a repulsively ugly child without it.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I'm trying to decide if it's more attractive nowadays to stay clean shaven or to develop & maintain a stubble or beard look.

I have a bit of a weak chin so am tempted to grow some facial hair to cover that up somewhat.

What's the conventional opinion nowadays?

What is a weak chin?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been clean shaven since 2014, and sure as hell planning to keep it that way.

My beard is not thick/dense enough to give that cool stubble look, so I go with a short beard look most times.
I want to try a beardstache, so I haven't trimmed it in a month & half by now. Actually starting to like this look maybe I'll try to break my personal beard record.
Me & all my friends have facial hair to some degree, really seems like clean shaven nowadays is a rarity if you're under 35-40.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've gotten way more compliments since going from short beard to big beard. But almost all from men. Would crush if I was into dudes.

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
I compliment dudes when they grow their beard out. I like beards. Maybe it's a guy thing to be impressed by beards

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
My gf liked my beard when it was short but I don't give a shit and will grow it out until I reach zz top level.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Stubble for me. I have a Phillips beard strimmer which I can adjust down to 0.5mm shave so it keeps me in a good all over stubble look. I can't really grow a beard, is just stringy spread out pubes after a week... and clean shaven I look comically young, plus have a bit of a double chin so the stubble kind of hides it in a way.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
Always beard imo. I've wanted a beard since I was a child and have been without one for less than 1 year of my extended adult life.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Depends. But I have seen so many right down repulsive beards recently, people should really have an honest look at their beards and assess whether it works for them. And then maintain them!

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
I feel I'm my best self with my beard. It's not overly long, about half an inch, and well groomed with a shaved head. I had a goatee for a long time, and haven't been completely clean shaven since I was out of high school(I'm almost 30 now).

My girlfriend is the one who asked me if I could grow a beard and is the main reason I grew it(apparently the "Black lumberjack" look turns her on). I tried one the year before, but didn't really take care of it or knew what I was doing, so it just looked uneven and patchy.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
If you can pull off a well formed beard, do so. If it's patchy or thin you'd look better without.

That said I only really find bears attractive so my opinion is admittedly biased.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm lightly bi at best, but when it comes to a masculine look - guys under 30 (maybe even under 35) with a clean shave just don't work for me. At least consistent stubble is kind if necessary (unless you're SUPER good looking), and a nice trim beard is best.

I personally like to keep my facial hair very short, but I get more complements when it's thicker (about 3/4" to 1") so I've settled there.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda have a weak, patchy beard, but I noticed when I grew it, women started looking at me way differently. Way more flirting and starring going on. It's definitely helped with the ladies.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I've never once preferred a clean shaven guy over one with stubble or a beard. Doesn't even have to be styled well. It's all good with me

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I've been growing my beard out and I've had way more people comment on that than anyone ever has before. I get compliments from men and women all the time about my beard.

...I'm desperately in need of a barber run at the moment because I like the length, but it's getting a bit unruly, so a little maintenance trim is due. Got an appointment tomorrow.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A stubble that grows all over (no visible isolated patches) looks a lot better than a long beard in my opinion, sadly I can't grow one so I'm just here in my corner crying.