• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tusk

Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Chicago, IL
User banned (permanent): Inflammatory generalizations about the community. Multiple prior bans for the same behavior
Like are you ever thinking "where's my check?" after writing a screed about [video game companies] press conference? It seems a lot of this forum loves to carry water for PR departments

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If you believe most people on Era, any time I am positive about a game is an outlier rather than the norm, so no. I don't.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
still marginally better than being a bootlicker so i get my urges out here instead SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I don't, but that's because I rarely parrot PR talking points. I have noticed that a lot of ERA seems to love the taste of boot though

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
i got my cheque already.

Hyping press conferences without payment.... haha... they screwed you.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
We literally have threads dedicated to how "hyped" people are for products

No one here is embarrassed

May 19, 2020
The old place was a known hangout for astroturfers and actual paid shills, I have no doubt those people are here also.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Threads like these take me back to a time when a new user I was talking to was under the impression that corporate cheerleading was against the rules. Good times lol.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems a lot of this forum loves to carry water for PR departments
That's what happens when you make the products you consume a part of your identity. so many people essentially doing unpaid labor on here. Why astroturf when there's an army of fans already willing to go to bat for you and post like it's their job?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
No. I deliberately don't call Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (TM) by its full name. I just call it "Rainbow Six Siege." I have a friend who always says Tom Clancy's...and it just makes me laugh.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just gaming. Look at sports and movies! People love what they love.

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
I am too smart for that.

Now as I was saying about the superiority of Nintendo game design...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
No I'm a pretty free spirited individual

The post was sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends, one of the most immersive rpg experiences ever made.

:P

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
No. I do it because I am thankful that Microsoft has made the fastest and most powerful console ever. #12Tflops of pure power capable of delivering unparalleled graphical fidelity. Because I love being able to play four generations of fantastic Xbox games on a single system. I do it thanks to #SmartDelivery allowing me to buy the game once and then play the best version available. I do it because Game Pass allows me to play hundreds of great games at an incredibly low cost. Not because I'm a chump.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We are an enthusiast forum, so it's understandable that people get excited for things that happen on their platform of choice or from their favorite developers.

That being said, considering we don't allow allegations of astroturfing, this thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.