• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I am not hyped enough to watch it. I'll still check for news and trailers later tonight.

Telecinision

Aug 22, 2018
It's usually a pretty fun production and sometimes you get a gem through a fun developer personality like the guy representing A Way Out. Plus, Keighley himself is a great hype man and his enthusiasm for the industry and games is infectious. As long as the on camera presenters are people who want to be there, it's a good time.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
It's the first time in years where I don't feel like watching it.
The Death Stranding debacle really soured me on it.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Eh, not being able to see it live lessens the hype. I'll wake up and check my phone to see what got announced.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
No, I never watch any of this stuff. If some sort of big trailer comes out for an IP that I'm interested in, I'll watch it on youtube later.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't hyped until all of the Resident Evil stuff started happening. A new Smash reveal would also be cool, as well as the rumored BotW2 info/trailer.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm always interested in the TGAs, both for announcements as well as the award breakdown (as well as seeing some industry figures speak), but I wouldn't categorize that interest as 'hype'.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm mostly interested in whatever trailers they show. The awards are fun to discuss, but I wouldn't watch it solely for the awards.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really an award show kinda person, so in general no, not as much as a proper E3/TGS show. I'll have it on in the background though, a few things I'm interested in seeing if they show up.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
The whole "finally, this one is for us gamers 😎" attitude of the show is a major turn off for me. I've only watched part of it once but it seemed like it was just a big celebration of the biggest studios and biggest personalities in gaming. "Gamer culture" is just kinda lame to me. I'll be curious what gets announced but that's about it.

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to watching post show excerpts. And hats off to Geoff, doing what he does requires dedication and a lot of energy. The awards themselves are unimportant, it's about the concentrated dose of gaming news.

Last edited:

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've never really seen the point of it. But saying that I've never watched it. Saw some videos from a TV channel it was on? And it seemed to be aimed at crude teenagers

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's weird how so many claim it to be the end all be all for game awards. It's sure got advertising money going for it.

I enjoy it for what it is, but I feel like people just give it too much importance.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Not hype but I like tuning in if I have nothing better to do for the one or two interesting trailers while I'm mostly reading the thread to see people going out of their way to make everything seem awkward or cringey.

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda. The reveals are fun. The other content is a little boring but it's one day out of the year, sitting through a couple of hours of self-indulgence is not the end of the world.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. They're so manufactured and fake that I feel virtually nothing watching them.

I can't wait for them to give another award to some streamer who turns out to be a misogynist or a racist like two weeks later, just like they do virtually every year. Maybe this time he'll show his ass BEFORE he wins.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know most people dont but I like the atmosphere there, the musical parts, the videos, the guests... THE REVEAL
Its a different and kinda special day for me as a games fan. A celebration.
What?? I think people like it more and more each year. It help that every year seems a bit more mature/professional each year

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Hard to get hyped for something that's on in the middle of the night where I live....I'll catch up on any announcements that may interest me tomorrow.
Good luck to all the nominees though.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely low this year. I'll watch, and I'm excited, but I don't expect to be blown away by anything. If I can come away with 1 or 2 "Oh, neat" reactions, I'll consider that a win.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah I am a little hyped. Not for the awards themselves because those are mostly meaningless to me personally, but the new game reveals are always exciting.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Absolutely. It's a fun event that celebrates something I enjoy. It's been corny, exciting, and boring, but at the end of the day it has some announcements and is about video games.

I love cracking open a beer and watching with my wife every year. Nice way to unwind and, hey, it's something to look forward to.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see it live anyway since I'm on the wrong side of the planet, so at this point I just want to be confirmed that my original thought since months ago was right, that DS will win no matter what metacritic or IGN or Edge or Giant Bomb might lure you to believe. I'll skip through the event tomorrow after work.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Hell yeah! If you love games, how could you not? Shitting on it sounds miserable to me.

But I love live shows. And Nintendo Directs. Best way to announce stuff.

feelthesurge

Nov 15, 2017
Yes but with tempered expectations. Most of the show is pretty uninteresting to me, but watching it with my friends and seeing some cool reveals makes it all worth it to me!

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's mostly pretty embarrassing but it's fun to watch and reveals there are often cool reveals.