• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I did visit my mom and a few friends recently, which I know was definitely a deviation from the ideal. But we're going to be in some kind of quarantine for possibly years. Do you expect you'll find a way to get away for a bit and regain some sanity?

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be staying at an Airbnb at the local beach for a few days.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I currently have 19 vacation days banked. What the hell do I do with them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I've already taken a week off and I've got another one coming up.

Where I am (Melbourne, Australia) we're in a strict stage 4 lockdown as of a few days ago but I still think it's important to take extended time off during lockdown, to break up the routine and give your brain something else to think about that isn't work.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning a camping trip with a few close friends.
This. It's a great time to go camping with some friends and/or family. This is actually what I do with most vacation time anyway. Combination of having very little vacay time and it being really healthy for me, mentally.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bone apple tea

it depends how long it lasts. i'm good to the end of the year but after that i'm booking a three month odyssey around the world and there's not much anyone can do to stop me

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
i work from home and its basically like a staycation. so, no, i dont see why i would use days to do what i already do. lol.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Went camping. It was far from a trip lounging in the Caribbean, but it was nice to get away for awhile.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Been laid off for a week and frankly nothing feels different. I am still in my house. I am going nowhere. It doesn't feel like much.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I was going to do an Alaskan cruise, but that got canceled. Then after that we tried looking into doing a Mexican Rivera cruise in October, but now all cruises for Norwegian are canceled through October. My dad still wants to do something in Mexico. Probably going to Cancun again, but i'm not sure if i'm going to join him.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
No. I still try my best to not leave my house unless it's for an emergency, and I have decided not to travel by plane/bus/whatever until 2022 or whenever a vaccine/treatment is found.

Right now I'm unemployed and I wish I could find a employment that allows me to work from home, so traveling or going away from home is out of the question.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hell no. I want to survive.
Camping is pretty much the safest getaway there is. Literally guaranteed to be outside and socially distant from strangers. It's a nice getaway not just from the pandemic, but the shit-slog that is day-to-day life rn. Consider it!

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
Nope, I'm going to save my vacation days and probably go on an epic vacation after I get my vaccine lol.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I are renting a cabin we often vacation at end of October. Just us and it's secluded and should be safe. Won't see anyone else either. By then I'll need a few days escape.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Once the summer heat here dies down I intend on taking a week off work and hitting some local hiking trails solo while staying in nice hotel rooms afterwards, all solo. I need some outdoor seclusion and some pampering, only I don't want to do it in 100 degree heat followed by thunderstorms.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am taking 3 days off at the end of August. I have no idea what the fuck we are doing.

We had a 10 day vacation scheduled to go through Europe but that is not going to happen for a long ass time....

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take some time off, but I'm not leaving my house. Americans are fucking stupid. I don't trust them.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been looking at resort vacations from Costco. So tempted, but will not be going anywhere until a vaccine comes out.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Sure, camping. But because of Covid we will likely camp on undeveloped land (no restrooms, fire pits, showers, etc..) and be pack-in, pack-out.

I do look forward to car camping reverting for something not resembling a death spot with how close you've got people stacked next to each other. California has so many great places to camp and explore. I can't wait to get back to that.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I took a Thursday and Friday a few weeks ago, and just stayed at home. Sounds pretty lame but I rarely take time off and wanted to do nothing.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this whole quarantine is like a vacation, albeit an unwatned one. Im not gonna risk contracting Covid and wasting all the time I isoalted myself just because I feel like I should be taking a vacation.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Nope. I have no plans at all after everything was postponed until at least next year. I'm already hiking and kayaking for exercise, so I'll probably continue that.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
nope. I still have 5.5 weeks time off to use this year lol. I'll use a few days here and there but I hope to carry most of it to next year and take a few trips then

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I was going to do an Alaskan cruise, but that got canceled. Then after that we tried looking into doing a Mexican Rivera cruise in October, but now all cruises for Norwegian are canceled through October. My dad still wants to do something in Mexico. Probably going to Cancun again, but i'm not sure if i'm going to join him.

FYI, cruises seems to pretty much be the worst thing you can do right now. Massive outbreaks on cruises all over the world and people being isolated in cabins

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I've had 6 days off two months ago and 4 total days off so far this month (3 already done, 1 coming up next week). I'm looking to sprinkle my time off in bits and pieces to give myself long weekends to close out summer.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I took a weekend trip to the beach a couple weeks ago with my wife. We went into one store, ordered some food to-go, and walked on the beach (which was pretty empty since it was 60 degrees and cloudy). Not much of a 'vacation', per se, but about all you can do when things aren't fully open and you're trying to stay away from people as much as possible.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking off next Friday. I'll probably just make a few 3 day weekends here and there. Not worth doing a full vacation without being able to travel overseas.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Lucky to have a family cabin in Northern Michigan near Traverse City. Heading up with the wife and kids for a week next Thursday. It will be glorious.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Went to South Haven Michigan. People on the beach stayed apart and downtown people wore masks outside. It appeared safer than a suburban Costco. You can be safe and leave your house.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take time off from work, but that's it. Maybe 3 weeks altogether and get some things done around the house.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. We had this last week off and planned to take the kids away to the beach but cancelled because it wasn't the right thing to do. For us or the spread of the virus.

And yet everyone else seems to not give a shit, and be all over the country visiting people and mixing with randoms, having a great time. Including people I know who thought I had way more sense. I've probably not been popular in my friendship group having told several people that the reason we cancelled was because of stories of multiple people in families dying (my wife's a nurse) with the explicit intention of making them feel bad.

So yeah, not really sure why we bothered to try and do the right thing and sacrifice our family holiday when every other asshole doesn't care.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I took a long weekend in late june and went to the beach. Specifically went to a beach located in a state park with no lifeguards/merchents/foot traffic, basically had a private beach to myself with maybe 50 other people on it

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, camping. But because of Covid we will likely camp on undeveloped land (no restrooms, fire pits, showers, etc..) and be pack-in, pack-out.

Um, that IS camping...

Anything else is certainly not camping. (Maybe glamping?)

I take an extra day off every week just to walk around outside and maybe go skating.

Still too scared to even visit Vancouver (I'm in Victoria), plus time off in my own city is far more relaxing than taking the ferry somewhere.

Planning for a gulf island trip end of September though, that should prove highly relaxing.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No I won't travel during COVID for leisure, only for necessity... But circumstance hasn't really prompted any necessary travel, either. I guess if a family member was in need (my mom about 250 miles away or my brother in Portland).

I'm trying to get a staycation in this autumn but low staffing issues makes it really difficult.

I actually had staycation lined up for THIS WEEK originally, but I ended up having to self-quarantine on a COVID-19 scare since my partner was showing symptoms for a few days. We both tested negative and my partner's symptoms subsided after about 5 days, was something else (though I dunno what exactly, my partner never followed up)... And since someone had to work like 10 days straight (12 hour shifts) to cover me, I just cancelled my staycation. Not because my time off due to the scare was actually like a staycation (I wasn't relaxed at all as we waited days for test results -- and I was under strict order to stay home and isolate).

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Camping is pretty much the safest getaway there is. Literally guaranteed to be outside and socially distant from strangers. It's a nice getaway not just from the pandemic, but the shit-slog that is day-to-day life rn. Consider it!

I hadn't considered that, fair enough.