• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you expect

• Nothing (Our Dark souls will never be filled with light)

Votes: 200 91.7%
  • DMC3 for X amount off if you own DMC1 or DMC2

Votes: 15 6.9%
  • DMC3 for free if you own both DMC1 & DMC2

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
maxresdefault.jpg

Currently DMC 1 and 2 are on the switch. While it isn't confirmed, DMC3 is likely to come to Switch in the next few months to complete the collection. DMC3 is typically agreed upon to be the best all-around title in the series when it comes to both Gameplay & Story, so many would be quite happy to see it hit the switch.

However, the pricing for the current DMC titles on Eshop definitely stick out even to the most hardcore DMC fans. $20 for each title if DMC3 follows the trend, makes the Switch HD Collection $60 ($55 if you grabbed DMC1 on sale for $15 awhile back). A high price to be sure, considering the MSRP of the same collection is $30 for all 3 on PS4/X1/PC and the switch versions thus far offer no new features.

But what if Capcom followed a recent offering they did for another series? Resident Evil 5 & 6 are currently 33% off if you own RE0, REmake, or RE4 digitally. They even put these titles on sale when this promotion was first offered. Allowing you to grab all of the current RE games for the same MSRP as they are on other consoles.

A similar promotion doesn't seem outlandish for the DMC series, even if DMC3 is a fan favorite that would likely sell $20 on its own. The best outcome (albeit very unlikely) would be "If you own DMC 1 and 2, you get DMC 3 for free" with a 25% off sale for each title making the price comparable to the other system's MSRP (If you bought them at $20 each you did keep to play them already after-all and you'd still be getting 3 free). The realistic outcome would just be to have some sort of offer comparable to what RE5/6 had.

g2r602qxar331.gif

I know a lot of this relies on how "nice" Capcom is feeling (They don't have to offer any sort of deal/discount after-all), but i'm curious to see what the expectations are from Capcom & Switch fans here. As I know there has been a lot of criticism on their current switch offerings, especially when it comes to higher price with no extra features to justify them in a lot of cases. So something like this even if it's not perfect is at least something that gives off a better image (I personally even as a big RE fan, refused to buy the ports until the prices lowered and I typically grab any RE port Day 1).

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Seems pretty plausible for some kind of incentive to be offered!

In Japan, the RE5/RE6 discount is only like 10% though, lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to know if we are to expect a physical release of the three games (even if only one game is on the cart), mainly just because I only want to buy DMC2 on the Switch once.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
No, but DMC3 is like the one game that doesn't need it, because it's just that fucking good.

... Still can't believe they released DMC2 alone and at that price lol.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Lmao they're gonna increase the price because fuck you

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
These dudes are dropping DMC2 as a stand-alone purchase. They don't give a single fuck.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Fuck no they won't lol.

I want a discount for already owning the HD Collection.

Nov 18, 2017
this is capcom we're talking about so i fully expect them to put DMC2 on offer for owners of 1 & 3. Because who in their right mind is paying full price for that in 2019?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the physical version of this collection, which will include DMC1 on the cart and download codes for 2 and 3.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm genuinely afraid Capcom sent DMC2 out to die and when it underperforms they go "no DMC3 for you."

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Absolutely not! I wouldn't expect Capcom to do that. I certainly wouldn't expect Nintendo to let that happen on their console, they're not exactly known for their monetary generosity.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
It's going to be $30, a ten dollar increase over the first and second. Save this post.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Just wait a few weeks instead of buying the day it comes out and it'll be on sale

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not at all. It will be sold for 29.99$.
Everyone knows this is the good one, beyond the genre's beginnings. DMC 3 is a damn, fine game, and Capcom will price it accordingly.

And btw, anyone who bought DMC2 does not deserve a discount. They should be paying a surcharge for buying a shit game, that everyone has known to be a shit game since it's first day. Like, add 5$ to the sucker's bill, he won't complain. He's a sucker! He bought fucking DMC2!

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
HAH,that's so funny op.

This is company that decided it was ok to sell dmc 2,that complete garbage, at 20 dolars, when the collection is 30 on other consoles. We're gonna be lucky if it isn't 30, and brace for the possibility of 4 being 40.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Discount?

Hahahahah... no I need my vacations paid for somehow

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Capcom doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt with the way they've been handling their Switch output.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be more expensive if you've bought DMC2 as a punishment.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only a discount if you didn't buy 2, because they know if you bought 2 you're gonna buy whatever they put out.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
I'm going with the optimistic choice of DMC3 for X amount off if you own DMC1 or DMC2 because they did it with the RE ports, but the way Capcom is handling these Switch ports is far from the best unfortunately :P