• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well, do you?

• Nah, nothing of value is lost.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • Yeah, that could have been me.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Are you seriously asking that?

Votes: 43 21.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm doing my annual rewatch of Terminator 2, and I always feel for the poor bastard in the hallway with the can of Pepsi.

Poor guy. He never knew it was going to be his last day on this Earth... He probably rolled out of bed, putting on his new pair of Bugle Boy jeans, his suspenders, and driving to work in a car that he was still paying. He was just doing this job... repairing a light fixture here, lose a few cents in a vending machine there. Never did he think that he would be put smack dab in the middle of a gunfight between two robots.

I'm gonna drink a Pepsi in your honor today, Mr. Handyman.

eKoeWH5.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
the thing about that dude is for some reason he jumps right into the line of fire instead of idk ducking and covering or something. Never understood why he'd move away from the wall into the middle of the corridor into the gunfire.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
"Woman that gets torn apart in Jurassic World: The Thread"

Seriously, what the fuck was up with that?

Oct 27, 2017
I think I felt worse about that secretary in Jurassic World. She had a crazy death for someone who just didn't like kids

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The Austin Powers outtakes actually did a great job of humanizing the people who get got during action scenes.

Nov 9, 2017
Oh man, this thread is Pulp Fiction for me. I always laugh when this innocent bystander gets shot trying to help Marcellus Wallace.

Day087.jpg

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I just watched Captain America: Civil War last night, and I feel like it addressed this very well. Lots of innocents are taken in some movies that just got really unlucky.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Would the security guard at the mental institution where Sarah Connor was locked up in T2 count? Poor dude thought it was his lucky day but boy was he wrong.

20788663_5.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I always feel bad when the nice guy gets killed. Like the guy who stopped to help or was otherwise being a good samaritan, and I always wondered what kind of message that sent (don't get involved, basically).

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah there's a particularly cruel instance of this in Dragged Across Concrete

A new mother has been putting off going back to work due to intense separation anxiety, her husband finally convinces her it's alright and to go. She works at a bank that ends up getting robbed that day, she is trying to comply and tries to stop a coworker from hitting the silent alarm button, but they think it was her and execute her.

She's played by Jennifer Carpenter too (Deb from Dexter, Quarantine, etc) so it seemed like they were introducing another main character. Nope, just brought her in to kill her.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I remember being upset at random highschoolers in a house party getting killed by vampires in a Buffy episode. They just wanted to have fun and drink disgusting beer!

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
Kaori in AKIRA will always be the most infamous example for me.

How she barely has any plot relevance and gets crushed into a pulp in the finale leaves a really bad taste in my mouth

At the very least she does have more time in the limelight in the manga, but I have yet to read it, so yeah, shit sucks.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the thing about that dude is for some reason he jumps right into the line of fire instead of idk ducking and covering or something. Never understood why he'd move away from the wall into the middle of the corridor into the gunfire.

This is actually not uncommon. It's a personality trait. It's the same reason some people scream and get scared while others stay level headed and alert during a robbery.

You mind can make you think that if you put yourself in the line of fire, you're announcing that you're no threat and they would stop shooting as they have no reason to kill you.

Oct 25, 2017
People always talk about Claire in Jurassic World but Eddie in TLW got ripped apart by two T. rex to save the idiot main characters. At least Malcolm acknowledges the sacrifice but it never should have happened and Julianne Moore directly leads to the death of dozens of people by being an absolute moron.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was watching Deadpool 2 yesterday and that scene where Domino (who I love) drops down onto the street and her 'luck' causes a Prius to crash into fuel pumps and explode, causing a beneficial chain of events.

Yeah, that Prius driver is dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't find an image, but when the bombs go off in Inglourious Basterds, a cyclist gets blown the fuck away as they're passing by the theater. Dunno if they died, but it's highly probable.

she is not a random bastard tho

To be fair, I think she could be said to be on the level of random bastard for the fact that she died because of things entirely out of her control and her death was particularly cruel and unusual

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Yes. I usually pay attention to background characters and notice the fucked up things happening to them.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Dat poor cyclist passing by a theater full of Nazis getting blown off his bike in Inglorious Basterds

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
First thing that came to my mind is the innocent people who get taken over by agents in The Matrix. Like the dude who gets his phone swiped by Neo during the climax of the movie. Every agent shot dead is a random human. Fucked up!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't really feel any draw for any sort of "what if you were in a movie world" isekai sort of thing. I'd definitely be some poor bystander who gets killed to make a point about another character.

I feel this way a lot about the One Punch Man world. Cities get wiped out on a regular basis in that series.
First thing that came to my mind is the innocent people who get taken over by agents in The Matrix. Like the dude who gets his phone swiped by Neo during the climax of the movie. Every agent shot dead is a random human. Fucked up!
The Matrix world is generally pretty fucked up. It's not just the agents. All those guards that Neo and Trinity killed in that lobby were just doing their jobs. Same goes for the cops that Trinity killed in the opening sequence.

I think Morpheus mentions this halfway through the movie. He does mention that people still in the Matrix will defend it and its rules because they just don't know any better, and that operatives hacking into the Matrix have to fight and kill these people if necessary. Doesn't make it right, but that's what they have to do sometimes.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
TV but The Americans made a huge point of highlighting various randoms killed for the cause.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Colin Trevorrows rampant misogyny is what was up with that. It's sadistic in a way that in no way fits the tone of the rest of the movie.

I'm still perplexed how in a scene where there are dozens if not hundreds of small children, the flying reptiles are able to only pick up that one character. That whole sequence is so off. Then the main villain is killed off screen in seconds.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I'm doing my annual rewatch of Terminator 2, and I always feel for the poor bastard in the hallway with the can of Pepsi.

Poor guy. He never knew it was going to be his last day on this Earth... He probably rolled out of bed, putting on his new pair of Bugle Boy jeans, his suspenders, and driving to work in a car that he was still paying. He was just doing this job... repairing a light fixture here, lose a few cents in a vending machine there. Never did he think that he would be put smack dab in the middle of a gunfight between two robots.

I'm gonna drink a Pepsi in your honor today, Mr. Handyman.

eKoeWH5.jpg

Way worse than this is the dude that Arnold uses as a human shield on the escalator in Total Recall.

The guy could not be more oblivious as he heads to Mervyn's or whatever, when a gunfight breaks out. After he takes a bullet in the crossfire, Arnold holds the man up in front of himself to adsorb more enemy fire.

Then when more gunmen come from the opposite direction, Arnold pivots the body to take more rounds, before throwing it at the gunmen!!

Truly a bad day to be a mall shopper.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I always wondered if anyone was in any of those parked cars Batman blew up as he was chasing the Joker in The Dark Knight. Like, imagine a dude who got drunk at a bar and decided to pass out in the backseat of his car because he didn't want to drink and drive and Batman just rolls through and explodes him.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen Jurassic World, but I'm still sad about that dog in The Lost World. Poor dog, and poor family who lost their pet. :(

GMT Master

Oct 3, 2019
Nah.
Way worse than this is the dude that Arnold uses as a human shield on the escalator in Total Recall.

The guy could not be more oblivious as he heads to Mervyn's or whatever, when a gunfight breaks out. After he takes a bullet in the crossfire, Arnold holds the man up in front of himself to adsorb more enemy fire.

Then when more gunmen come from the opposite direction, Arnold pivots the body to take more rounds, before throwing it at the gunmen!!

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This is graphic? jfc

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine how many innocents were killed by the "heroes" during the climax of Fast Five

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I generally cheer for minor, obviously fodder characters to survive. So yeah, it bugs me when people with even less connection to the plot are just randomly killed.

Oct 30, 2017
Ever see Dark Soldier D? It's a short live action tokusatsu series from Japan that was released direct to video in the early 2000s. It's about an amoral drunken asshole mercenary who stole a power armor from the Soviets and uses it fight monsters. The series is known for its gratuitous violence and the fact that every single character in it is an irredeemable piece of shit. Anyway, the main character happens to not care about collateral damage during his fights. In at least one instance while fighting a monster with an anti-material rifle, a stray shot is shown to penetrate the ground and blow the head off a random mother holding her kid's hand on a subway platform. I should note that isn't an exaggeration. The mother's head is shown exploding in extreme detail. It's pretty fucked up and disturbing, especially since that's not the only bystander that gets gunned down or eaten over the course of the series.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That's bad but to be fair the guy was shot and fell back onto him first, then he started using him as a shield.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
That poor lady in Jurassic World that's killed in the most horrid way always rubs me the wrong way.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fringe or The X-Files - some poor bystander always get killed horribly in the first five minutes. Death by bees or exploding heads, some nasty thing or another. I feel bad for about 20 or so minutes!