• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you?

• yeah

Votes: 98 94.2%
  • eh

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New books have a smell to them. I'm not sure what it is, but it has always been enjoyable to me. Whenever I buy a brand new book, I open it and take in the smell of the pages.

How about you?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Love it.

Also loved smelling brand new Video Game manuals back in the day

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a rush.

Oct 28, 2017
I love new books. barnes and noble is my little slice of heaven.

tenor.gif

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I just received Berserk Deluxe Volume 4 and the first thing I did once I removed the shrink-wrap was sniff it, lol.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I knew I fit in at my last job when four of us analysts sat in a circle passing new books between each other and sniffing them.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all digital now but the first thing I used to do when I bought a physical game was give it a good sniff for that awesome new game smell.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
I love taking a whiff of a fresh new book. Did that since I was a kid. I would sniff new DnD manuals like a fiend and graphic novels lol.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the chemical smell from full-color books

But novels with just text and deckled edges? Yes

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's seriously one of the reasons I still prefer physical books even though I am completely digital with all other media.

And honestly I am not even into smells, good or bad, and really only pay attention when something smells so bad it makes me gag. But books are the exception.

A wonderful, life affirming exception that is like candy for the nose. (No nose candy jokes, coke tastes like shit and once the high wears off I was never able to even explain why I did it, results may vary and I am not condoning it's use, have not used it myself in years, just can't stand that it's called nose candy or booger sugar since it tastes like shit/rant)

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yes to normal books, and it's one thing I truly miss about comic books also. I used to have a giant collection, and not only was holding them better than reading them off of a screen, the smell was a part of the experience too. I don't have the space for them any longer, and I stopped actively buying them years ago, but I loved the smell of them.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
There is nothing like the smell of a brand new book. Like freshly cut grass and summer rain, it is an unique smell that gives me a wave of euphoria. Bliss. Pure bliss. Maybe that's why I spend so much time in book shops, even when I know what boom I'm looking for.