• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

(Insert thread title of this thread here)

• Yes, I believe that a bit of silliness can elevate the dour attitude that propigates on Etcetera.

Votes: 364 80.9%
  • I do not care one way or the other. I think you are all over thinking this.

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • No, I believe that such stupidity is below us.

Votes: 40 8.9%

• Total voters

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate silly and serious threads. Like I laughed when First Half Life. Three Screenshots was created.

Sometimes people are out for blood on the OP. Laugh a little people. Jokes can be fun

V23

Oct 27, 2017
I tried posting a 'silly' thread about Hentai stickers I saw on someone's car. It was locked because it wouldn't generate productive discussion...

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I love them and they encourage social interaction and building forum comradery.

But they get locked all the time.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I like silly threads. It's a welcomed retreat from the sometimes overabundant amount of negativity found on this site. It's good and healthy to sometimes go insane in an equally insane world.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
When it comes to silly threads.

I consider the buffoonery...sanctioned.

tommy-lee-jones-as-agent-k-in-men-in-black.jpg

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To the poll: Some silly threads are beneath us, but some elevate us from the mire of cynicism and fatalism that this site sometimes gets bogged down in.

It's not really black or white.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for silly threads, but people must remember that ResetEra tries to be an inclusive and safe for work environment. Many times a thread is pushed past both of those. Also, like EBF pointed out above, never is a thread locked by a single mod. It's a group decision.

It would help for those reasons to be mentioned when a thread is closed then. Because no thread of mine has had a closing message with any mention of any of those, and I would definitely want to know if that was the case.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck that thread filled with a wall of text that read like a mexican soap opera and ended with some terminator bullshit >:[

I'm still salty about reading it all.

Don't mind old cranky me, have fun Era citizens

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
some are ok. most don't deserve to make it to page 3, which means there's a dearth of quality silliness.

stupid "quirky" questions do not make for a good thread, and some habitual thread creators need to learn this.

Fuck that thread filled with a wall of text that read like a mexican soap opera and ended with some terminator bullshit >:[
yeah if i didn't already put that dude on ignore, i'd like a link back to that thread so i can correct the error

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Yes but jfc at some of the gross bodily function threads, especially anything in a bathroom, keep that to yourselves ffs

Oct 25, 2017
BIGGEST annoyance are mods insta-locking threads that aren't "productive".

Yet Trump/Star Wars/Marvel thread #8933739 gets a pass.

Unless it's making a certain group legitimately uncomfortable, let them be. We could use the levity.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There is a difference between silly and stupid.

For some reason silly threads here get locked quick for various bs reasons, but stupid threads get kept open.

I want silly, I don't want some stupid shit

FunkyPajamas

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For some reason silly threads here get locked quick for various bs reasons, but stupid threads get kept open.

I agree. Silly/funny (funny of course being subjective), I somewhat enjoy. It seems though that the majority are inane "serious" threads about the most mundane of topics. I don't know if those are drunk, high, or highschooler threads, but there seem to be quite a few of them and not just on the weekends. I've started to ignore them.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This. It sucks to see plenty of silly threads get locked, while the latest fernando garbage thread about shampoo pubes or whatever gets to stay open.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I think its getting a little out of hand. Stuff like the shampoo your pubes thread should be a ban imo.

Aya

Could we pretty pretty please have more silly threads? This 24/7 spot light on negativity and impending doom and the constant star wars threads in the last year have really started to wear me down «_»

Edit.

Very true.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I just know I don't make as many gifs and photoshops as I used to. Not many insane threads anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Adding the Nintendo logo to images.

I enjoyed this in the old place so thought to bring it back.
Yeah it starts off low effort and kind of dumb, but it really picks up
sigh

"This thread is being closed because it does not meet our guidelines for putting proper effort into fostering solid discussion"

They need to really look into needing to adhere to this requirement so strictly. Some aimless, fun ribbing threads are needed. Does everything need to be a scholarly discussion on here?