• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you enjoy going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 198 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 430 39.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 346 31.9%
  • Never I need to change careers

Votes: 109 10.1%

• Total voters

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I really do and I feel bad for people that don't. I never really knew what I wanted to do and I feel like I could have been comfortable and happy doing a few different things. I did enjoy working at a Wonderbread factory for ten years after all. But I think if you enjoy your job, everything else falls in line much easier but hell idk.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Bruh, I live in Atlanta. lmao

Edit: Wait, are we talking about work itself or the commute? lol
I'm not sure.

I like what I do, but fuck the commute.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah I really love my job. Not once have I ever dreaded my alarm clock going off at 4am in 13 years.

I do feel for people that hate their job tho. When I worked at a factory I hated working there and it legit takes a mental toll on you

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've never met anyone who says they enjoy going to work and some of them have awesome jobs.

Apr 24, 2018
The only job that I really enjoyed paid very little. It was also my first job after college. But, I worked with some great people that I became great friends with, and I have some amazing memories from there that only other other job I've had can rival. I got promised a raise which I didn't get (even though on the last day, my boss still thought it was going through and called me the middle of that day with the "good news") and it wasn't feasible for me to stay any longer.

I'm about to start a new job, soon, but my past couple of jobs have left me a bit jaded. Hoping that I'll be content this time around.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. I love my work. My coworkers are fantastic. We spend half the time in Slack and a good chunk of time playing Smash in the office.
The other days I work from home and it's pleasant. As I said...love my job

OP
OP
Morrison71

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
No. I'd rather lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling for 8 hours if it paid the same
I never got this attitude. When I worked at Wonderbread one job was legit standing in one place and placing trays of bread dough on racks for eight hours straight with minimal breaks and some people really loved that.....

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time. For what it is, I don't mind and it's quite easy. But I don't want to do it forever.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
My current boss found out yesterday that I'm quitting around the end of the month, two days before they were gonna take me on permanently. My two weeks notice was literally a fortune cookie that said, "You will change careers soon."

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It used to not be bad, but it's terrible now and like walking into a hornet's nest every time I walk in. Not very good for me.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I usually love my job (psychologist) but the last few weeks I've had to deal with some REALLY difficult parents of clients and it has literally raised my blood pressure to problematic levels. So at the moment, I kind of hate my job. Still, it's generally really interesting and rewarding.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I do sometimes. I like my coworkers, and my workplace is pretty lax, but my job itself is boring as fuck. We usually spend about half of the day just having fun though.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
At this current job, yes I do. Took me many company changes to find one that really fit. I've been here the longest of anywhere and have zero intentions of leaving. Will stay here until I retire or even after if I still enjoy it.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I feel great walking in. Tonight I put on my jacket, grabbed my bag, and then ended up staying another 30 minutes because a new task came in that I wanted to do. No one asked me to and there's no reason it couldn't wait for another day.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like my job and even don't mind the commute. What I don't like is waking up early. Once I've dropped off the kids and get to my desk, though, it's all good, barring the occasional shitty day.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Most of the time, yes. Sometimes, it's very unpleasant because I suffer from burnout and morale issues. I'm having a difficult time with it right now, but I have time off coming up in a couple of weeks and will return to a dynamic challenge, so I'm at least looking forward to restoring some satisfaction to my career.

Oct 28, 2017
I very complex feelings about it (just look at my post history). On one hand, it's easy work, and the people I work with are well-meaning, but there are a lot of factors that give me constant anxiety and increase my depression, but from an objective point of view where I work is a good place to work. My boss is nice and lets me have a lot of autonomy over what I do. However, I do get lost a lot and don't have a lot of direction. I am very new to the corporate workforce and this job is very much a digital-based role, which kinda takes a toll on me.

The commute is basically non-existent, I can get from home to work in the mornings in 10-15 mins on average with no traffic.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably like it if it paid $2 more per hour.

It's easy work but the company makes it frustrating with unrealistic standards.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Waking up at 4am with bike and bus commute sucks. I don't like some of my co-workers. Otherwise, I like my job.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I enjoy what I do but I'm really not cut for a 40-hour workweek. Makes me sound entitled or weak and I don't care. Either cut the work day to 6 hours or cut the work week to 4 days.

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes. Depends on how annoying the kids are being, how much my kid slept, how much marking I have to do and if I'm not bogged down in the bureaucracy of teaching.

actually working with kids is a lot of fun and can be incredibly fulfilling. The wrapper around it sucks.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I work in retail and haven't been able to get out yet.

So a resounding "Never I need to change careers"

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind it. It's a nice group of people, in a relaxing office and I often bring my dog to work.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I spent my 20's chasing high finance salaries. Working 80+ hours constantly. Breaking dates and meet ups. Hardly vacationed. Buying a new watch or some ridiculous purchase only helped for so long.
Stress and mental health suffered greatly.

Definitely look back and understand the whole meaning of "there's no dollar value for peace of mind."

New company/career is interesting hopefully I love it as much as my co-workers appear to.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I generally do. Work can be frustrating and stressful at times, but overall I like doing it. It's busy, dynamic, rewarding and never boring. The worst kind of job is a boring one that makes time crawl.
I work with people with developmental disabilities, and it's easy to like a job when it's all about supporting other people who need it.