• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 589 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 239 28.9%

• Total voters

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
GIMME all dat sodium! :D I know it's bad for you, but man it tastes so good. lol

images

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
In instant Ramen? No.

At a restaurant or stall? Yeah, I'll drink most of it.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
LOL instant ramen? I dont even have broth. I drain it out. In Japan, absolutely. If the broth is too salty, I will ask for soup-wari.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All that sodium.

Nope. Whatever broth that gets scooped up with the ramen is what I consume. Maybe I'll have another spoonful or two after the noddles are done but I'm not drinking the whole thing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't discover that instant Ramen was "dehydrated" by being deep fried until a couple of years ago.

Certainly explained how some people could eat it "dry" though.

Oct 25, 2017
At a restaurant of course, unless I'm feeling too bloated from all the water

I don't really eat instant. Just use the noodles for dishes I'm already making. But i probably wouldn't.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read about Ramen bowl and thought yeah ofc.... then I see the picture you posted. Eww.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
No, instant stuff after all the contents are gone the remaining broth goes down the drain. Too much salt and I don't want to piss gravel.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone add their own shit to it? I love the Nissin Hot n Spicy Fiery beef. I'll usually replace the chili packet with a huge dollop if garlic chili paste and add in a teaspoon or two of rice wine vinegar. If I have leftover beef or chicken I'll throw that shit in too.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Same as many: restaurant Ramen, I empty the bowl completely.
I don't eat instant ramen anymore, since those are not great.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
If I have room in my stomach, fuck yes. Wait...Does Japan share the tradition with China where you should leave a tiny bit of food to show you are full?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im pretty sure in japan, people dont drink the Broth, no? Except Naruto

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Instant ramen broth is just pure sodium. Gourmet, real ramen is the only one you should drink.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Hell no, I didn't think you were meant to. That's literally 70-80% of your daily sodium value in like 10-15 minutes haha

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
absolutely. the only times i've stopped is due to being incredibly full and when it was soooo hot and i was already sweating like a big from it being a hot summer day. ahh i miss spicy miso ramen from kosuke in Alhambra. T.T

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I was going to say no for instant ramen, but OP specifically included a pic of Shin Ramen. That stuff is pretty good, especially with a bit of garlic and a poached egg.