• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't cook on Saturday or Sundays. I cook Mon-Fri for the family though. Once Saturday comes, I pick up 2 pizzas from Costco (best bang for the buck!) and that seems to hold the kids over for the weekend while my girlfriend and I eat whatever leftovers we have.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I started Hello Fresh and learned how to cook during covid.

Fellas, I now know how to make a mean enchilada and I know how to make a wicked grilled chicken. I can't believe the skills I've picked up these past couple months

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
On the contrary! I meal prep on Sunday so I don't have to cook during the weekday. Sometimes I just have a TV Dinner, and Friday is take out day, but Sunday I do all the cooking for the week.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes of course. Most often tastes better and is way healthier and I save a ton of money.

I started Hello Fresh and learned how to cook during covid.

Fellas, I now know how to make a mean enchilada and I know how to make a wicked grilled chicken. I can't believe the skills I've picked up these past couple months

Hello Fresh is great, but a bit expensive without promos. But I have lots of great receipes from them soo....

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to 'rona and home office, I've been cooking 7 days a week for a while. One of the few things keeping me sane.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm cooking nearly every meal at home now.

In the middle of all this my doctor put me on a low sodium diet, so I'd be cooking more regardless of the pandemic. Restaurant food is crazy high in sodium.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I've never cooked.

The closest to cooking I did was microwaving food.

My wife or my mom cook.

Edit: I order from a restaurant at least....once every 1-2 months. We dont eat out much, our diet is mostly home made.

Oct 30, 2017
Before the lockdown, I had been mostly cooking simple food and a dish I knew how to meal prep. But because of the current situation, I started actually learning how to cut vegetables and make complex dishes for the family. I've made chicken parmesan, pupusas and Taiwanese popcorn chicken, and I'm going to make chicken tikka masala today!

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cook all the time, especially since COVID-19. I cook dinner for my wife and kids almost every night.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Friday or Saturday night my girlfriend and I will usually do takeout as a treat for ourselves and watch a movie..it's a nice way to break up the week and have a spot of junk food. We cook the rest of the week.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Say how common is it to order food in the US? It feels like everyone is always talking about eating out or getting delivery. Seems quite common. For me it's something I only do on special occasions but never as something I depend on or even think about on a weekly basis. Also too expensive.

Oct 29, 2017
I still have to go out to work. So on weekdays, I try not to cook as much. My wife is pretty lazy when it comes to cooking. So I will go get take out during the week. I will pull out the grill on Friday night after work. Tonight I'm grilling lobster tails and ribeye from Costco

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I cook every other day (mainly dinner) during the week but almost every meal on weekends. I treat weekends as more for dishes that take longer to cook or need the prep time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Well as a New Englander even the 6th best brisket in KC is will put whatever options I have to shame

Ended up turning out pretty decent. 11lbs brisket trimmed up to about 10lbs after a fat shave and some shaping. Total smoke was almost eight hours exactly - started at about 290 degrees for the first hour, and then a really consistent ~248-252 for the next seven. 90 minute rest after. Smoked on briquette charcoals and full log hickory. Bathed in thick apple cider juice and extra cinnamon at the half way point.

4ov5W96.jpg

sxPFykL.jpg

Pulled apart easily. Lots of smoke flavor. Disappointing smoke ring and the bark was pretty shallow and soft in some parts. Probably should have trimmed off more fat, too - some of it struggled to render even if I felt I was being very liberal with my knife. I'd save overall, it was like... a 7/10? The burnt ends were perfect, which elevates my score even if there were only a handful. The leaner meat was a smidgen dry if I'm being honest, and I was scared I'd overdue the rub but I think I should have used more... hindsight is 20/20. I'm content as a complete amateur.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I try to cook every day unless I'm super busy.

It's way too easy to fall into the habit of eating out all the time, so I just try to avoid it as much as I can.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Yes we do. The weekend is really the only moment when we have time for this. We cook more than we need as well, allows us to reheat two portions after work on a weekday.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I cook at home 99.9% of the time. Haven't been to a restaurant in over 2 years and rarely order out.

I cook 7 days a week and portion out the food so no leftovers.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up turning out pretty decent. 11lbs brisket trimmed up to about 10lbs after a fat shave and some shaping. Total smoke was almost eight hours exactly - started at about 290 degrees for the first hour, and then a really consistent ~248-252 for the next seven. 90 minute rest after. Smoked on briquette charcoals and full log hickory. Bathed in thick apple cider juice and extra cinnamon at the half way point.

4ov5W96.jpg

sxPFykL.jpg

Pulled apart easily. Lots of smoke flavor. Disappointing smoke ring and the bark was pretty shallow and soft in some parts. Probably should have trimmed off more fat, too - some of it struggled to render even if I felt I was being very liberal with my knife. I'd save overall, it was like... a 7/10? The burnt ends were perfect, which elevates my score even if there were only a handful. The leaner meat was a smidgen dry if I'm being honest, and I was scared I'd overdue the rub but I think I should have used more... hindsight is 20/20. I'm content as a complete amateur.

Man fuck you
🤤