• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
necroofk3s.png

edit: dare is spelled with a d

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I thought this said do you care about your Neopets and i was like shiiiiit i think they're all dead.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I'm gonna wait a year and necropost this thread and then no one is even gonna care and the thread will die again and I'll ask myself why I gave a shit but I'm committed to it

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I'm going to use this opportunity to talk about a post I made at TeamXbox 30 years ago... 30 is close enough probably more like 20

I made a post about playing Xbox at a kiosk at GameStop. I said I met a girl that way(she also liked xbox) , which seemed unlikely. A poster at TXB destroyed me for that post, and it was necrobumped for years, but we all became friends.

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
you jerks say you don't care now but how will you feel after twelve months

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this new? Because Vermintide are doing a triple-XP event so I checked V2 threads to post in and a bunch were old and I saw this warning for the first time tonight, but for all I know, this could've been around for months.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I mean some necro posts I've seen are from people who were searching for a thread, posted a reply, and THEN noticed how old the last post was, so I'm glad there's a system in place for those people now.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Necromancer's theme in Castle Crashers is still a bop

Explanation

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
This came as part of an update we rolled out for basically adding a "slow mode" for threads if necessary. The language in the message came stock, but we've changed it now.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*gasp* this thread doth olde! i hath been fuckin' dooped MODS!

this goes all the way to the top

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
This came as part of an update we rolled out for basically adding a "slow mode" for threads if necessary. The language in the message came stock, but we've changed it now.
Thanks for the update. Is it still frowned upon for me to go into threads with people who disagreed with me last year purely to go "guess what fucker" though?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the update. Is it still frowned upon for me to go into threads with people who disagreed with me last year just to go "guess what fucker" though?
Heh. I mean it's a little subjective as to what constitutes a necrobump. Sometimes people find old threads somehow and don't realize they're old, sometimes people do it for reasons like that (and tbh it can be funny). I rarely see it as malicious, though, just mostly accidental.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Hard to believe there is no more to be said about that topic

I feel a mod should review old threads one by one to determine if the warning should apply
It doesn't automatically ban you or anything, so we still will have to look at it either way. But manually adding it to every thread is a bit...cumbersome.

Tbh I'm not sure if we're gonna keep it or not, it's something we're discussing. It just came with the slow mode package we added

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Tbh I'm not sure if we're gonna keep it or not, it's something we're discussing. It just came with the slow mode package we added

You're fine keeping it. I would change the language a little more, but it's not a bad thing at all. It's not really a thing here on Era to have a lot of random topics bumped for no reason (I've seen places with bumps banned because users were idiots).