• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do You Care For EA Titles Anymore?

• Yes

Votes: 212 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 532 48.4%
  • Only a specific title and nothing else

Votes: 355 32.3%

• Total voters

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, but it's mostly just Star Wars these days. Bioware is dead to me and Battlefield is becoming less interesting by the entry.

I still care a lot for their legacy library though.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Apart from whatever ReSpawn does? No, I really don't at this point. It's why I'm letting my EA Access sub run out next month too.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Not really, only really care of Battlefield and Star wars games and got BF2 for 5e, and I haven't bought bfV yet.

They need better games for next gen

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, let's ignore every developer under the EA umbrella. Christ, some of you are ridiculous.

And yeah, I like the Sims and Dragon Age.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Since Crysis 3, I haven't cared for a single EA game. Used to love NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Shift and Crysis.

To me, it's as if they don't exist.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? I don't own a single EA game.

I've played a couple this gen, but by and large, I've pretty much ignored them this entire generation.

I'd be here for a reboot of Dead Space though.

Yeah, let's ignore every developer under the EA umbrella. Christ, some of you are ridiculous.

And yeah, I like the Sims and Dragon Age.
"You're ridiculous because you don't like games that I like! Listen to my totally reasonable position!"

C'mon. Gaming is super subjective.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play sports games or first person shooters so I barely ever cared about their games to begin with.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
I play a lot of games and even buy games I never end up playing.

I haven't bought a single EA game since Mass Effect 3, nor have I missed any of them. EA has nothing to tempt me with.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Not really. They release long, drawn out, boring drivel. Live services ruined their games. I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time and don't plan to in the future either.

Mass Effect 3 was my last purchase.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I think that the last game I bought from EA was Titanfall 2 for only the excellent SP campaign.
Aside from DA 4 I have no interest for their franchises but I am also waiting for the new SW reviews to get it.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I care for games that are good, I don't really give a fuck who made them unless they're racists or something

TheDudePT

Banned
Oct 3, 2019
Portugal
Yes, FIFA because it's football.

And Battlefield is THE shooter for me. They better give DICE enough time for the next one, I need BF3 levels of polish, content, etc.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for Fallen Order. I also pray every year that the modes I care about in their sports games get love (mainly Franchise-esk modes and online Franchise modes added to the ones that dont have em). Also I can't wait for Dragon Age.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Maybe Titanfall.

Everything else is dead to me for now. I used to be there day one for Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, Battlefield. Not anymore.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
The answer has to be yes. Although I'm displeased with how some of my favorite franchises have panned out recently.

I can't turn my back on:
Dragon age
Battlefield
Dead space
Titanfall
Star wars
Command and conquer

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
EA games seem to get better months (or even a year+) after release. I am having a lot of fun with BFV and Battlefront 2.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Battlefield, Titanfall, Madden, NHL, The Sims, Dragon Age, new star wars, Battlefront, NFS..

They have quite a lot of franchises im still interested in actually.. They might not have done the greatest things with all of them but some have been pretty damn good and am eager to see what happens in the future..

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I've only been interested in Battlefield games for the past several years. Might look at some more of their offerings more closely with the move to Steam though.

I'm hyped for the idea of remasters though.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
not sure if i bought one of their titles in this decade or even millenium.

New SW looks extra trash too.

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield, Madden, FIFA and whatever Respawn does are day 1 releases for me.. in theory.

I say in theory, because both of those sports games are passable as fuck this year, and it's felt like Battlefield has been sleepwalking into mediocrity for a while. That's 3 of the 4 EA series' I'm interested in that have substantial work to do for me to consider them further.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Not really no.

I mean, I occasionally buy and play FIFA/NHL, but other then that, no.

They crashed and burned the Simcity franchise, so I play Cities: Skylines now.
Battlefield is just too much for me now. To quick for me to be comfortable now, focused on graphical fidelity so that levels feel like a mess, and too much focus on unlocks (at least the last time I played it).
If Anthem is what Bioware does now, then I'm not interested there either.
The Sims have never been a game for me.
And they closed Bullfrog and Origin, and have not done anything interesting with their franchises since.,

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order could be interesting though, so I'll give them that, at least.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
i only care for an eventually good Bioware RPG… and maybe a true Plants Vs Zombies (like the first one).
Also interest increase if it's on Switch, but i doubt that will happens.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
The last EA game I bought was Titanfall 1, IIRC, and I didn't like it. With their current output, I don't see any reason to go back.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Not massively, but when Battlefield goes back to modern or even better a near future setting I'll be interested. So far I'm looking to pick up The Sims 4 at some point with a couple expansions when there's a deep sale and maybe Respawn's Star Wars, but likely also wait for a decent sale.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Apex and the Titanfall 2 demo/free multiplayer weekends seemed neat for the little bit I played of them. I could enjoy playing the Sims again but don't have any significant interest in doing so. Otherwise the last EA title I played was Dead Space 2. Respawn seems like the only particularly interesting developer in their portfolio at this point, everyone else is doing things that are either bad or very similar to their past work which don't interest me