• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My mom used to tell me to blowdry my hair but I stopped because I thought it was boring and didn't do anything. But at the time I also thought the same thing about teeth brushing. And that didn't work out great.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

If I have time, I set the hair dryer to cool, which apparently helps in hair styling with products. Takes a bit longer to dry though.

If I'm in a rush, I set it to warm and make sure not to burn my hair.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
My mom would blowdry my hair everyday when I was younger because she refused to believe my hair wasn't straight. I wasn't allowed out of the house or in front of guests unless my hair was straight.

My hair has some curl to it and looks fine without blowdrying. I'll blowdry it like three times a year if I need to dry it quickly.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I'm a dude and keep my hair really short. I give it a quick blow dry for a minute after I shower. Helps give it volume. Plus I hate wet hair.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No. I don't own a blow dryer even.

But heat tends to damage hair, not be good for it, so you aren't losing anything by not using one.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I blow dry my bangs because otherwise they do crazy things. The rest of my hair I let air dry. My hair is naturally curly/wavy and with the right haircut it looks like it's been styled despite my complete and utter laziness.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Back when I had long, luxurious hippy hair I did. These days I just buzz my head every couple of months so no need.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a late stage discovery for me. Helps fluff it up and make it seem full so much. I went so many years with 'flattened' hair that probably looked awful. I was never good at making myself look great. But i highly recommend trying it. Makes styling it so much easier.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, I just use a towel and then comb it. Never really needed to blowdry it.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I do, unless it is a lazy day for me and I can just wait until it dries before I style my hair. Looks better when I blow-dry though.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I want to. I have a messy hair but these stories that it will damage my scalp and hair scares me.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Generally if you let your hair air dry from being wet it will be more stringy. If you blow dry it your hairs will not cling and thus increase the volume

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I blow dry more often than not on days where I'm going to be out and about. It has a lot of styling benefits in addition to convenience.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't. I'd rather let it air dry. I'm terrible at styling my hair, and I always seem to mess it up when I blow it dry. But it looks fine if I just brush it back and wait an hour.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I have semi-long hair (goes to the base of my neck) and I recently started blow-drying. If you get a quality rig, it can really help maintain your hair and avoid the boom-bust cycle of going from oily-looking dirty hair to super dry and hard to style clean hair.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep.

If I have time, I set the hair dryer to cool, which apparently helps in hair styling with products. Takes a bit longer to dry though.

If I'm in a rush, I set it to warm and make sure not to burn my hair.
Do the heavy lifting with hot/warm (continuiously move the dryer so you don't burn it). Then, set it with cool and apply products. It'll cut your time in half.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, got a mop of curly hair that takes hours to air dry. Had to brave the women's section to get one with a diffuser which when combined with a cooler setting protects my hair.
Thanks internet, wish someone told me this years ago, wouldn't have kept it short for so many years.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Do the heavy lifting with hot/warm (continuiously move the dryer so you don't burn it). Then, set it with cool and apply products. It'll cut your time in half.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind next time.

That and I should really just manage my time better with my hair. šŸ˜…

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
My hair is nearly half way down by back now. I have blow dry it , otherwise it takes an eternity to dry. Lower settings tho.

Ushiromiya

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I usually let my hair air dry for about 10-15 minutes and then I'll spray on some heat protector and finish with low-to-medium heat. If I want my hair to look presentable while wearing it down I have to use a flat-iron anyways, so I tend not to worry about any heat damage from blow-drying as my hair is going to come into direct contact with 300F heat 2-3 times a week anyways.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Depends how I want to style it. If I let my hair air dry it curls into ringlets which looks cute but when you sleep on it then it gets super messy in the back and when I brush it then it frizzes out. So I usually just blow-dry and straighten.