• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you believe Resident Evil VII.I.age will come to PSVR at launch?

• Yes, I do believe. I'm brave.

• No, I don't believe. I'm scared.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Everyone knows about Resident Evil VII VR, and everyone who plays it knows it is truly the most terrifying way to experience the game. I don't think it's the most terrifying horror gaming experience ever, I think it's the most terrifying piece of horror media ever. Particularly if you experienced your first playthrough in VR, thus had no idea what to expect.

And this is why I want to ask do you think it will come to PSVR at launch? The best way to experience this in VR is to have your first playthrough be in VR. Capcom, if you're listening, keep this in mind. PSVR owners would love to play this game Day 1, but we'd love even more for that experience to be in VR.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It has to, they've gotta be aware of how transcendent the RE formula is in VR. Hopefully they will open it up to PCVR too, but yeah it has to be on PSVR

Not even gonna lie, if its not VR day 1 I will wait. I would have been very disappointed if I didn't play 7 in VR first

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i think it will be vr on PC and PS on launch, it really is one of the best VR experiences, capcom knows this and i doubt they just ignore it. technically it might run into some issues, but let's not kid ourselves, RE7 in vr was assugly but still completely immersive.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
AFAIK, Resi7 VR was a success, so I don't see why they wouldn't keep going with it, specially considering that the headset is the same and they might have an even bigger launch playerbase this time.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
It has to, they've gotta be aware of how transcendent the RE formula is in VR. Hopefully they will open it up to PCVR too, but yeah it has to be on PSVR

Not even gonna lie, if its not VR day 1 I will wait. I would have been very disappointed if I didn't play 7 in VR first

Same here, please Capcom don't let us down.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
It certainly seems possible, I assume 8 will play similar to 7 so I feel PSVR is capable of it. Will be interesting to see PS5 powered games and how they look in PSVR.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
watching the trailer i thought no way it won't be psvr compatible but then i thought about how much of a dinosaur psvr is and RE7VR impressive as it was looked like a ps2 game so... i guess i'd wager not

though game will definitely be 'avaible' in VR whether through pc or psvr2 or whatever (in spite of pc RE7 getting the shaft)

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
The scariest thing about Resident Evil 8 in VR isn't the subject matter or the scares themselves, but the fact that you are even more immersed in having to play as Ethan.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
It better! It also doesn't look very "next-gen" in it's visuals, so seems doable across many platforms with varying hardware (PC, PS).

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't Sony release a new PSVR? Will the current one be compatible with PS5 or have they said anything about it?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still waiting to play VII in VR on PC lol.

VIII is next gen only. I'm not so certain they'll make a next gen game to be played on outdated VR hardware.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
A little bit off topic, but ....

When i read Village and Resident evil, i said to myself, ...
That is the Resident Evil 4 remake.

I hope there will be a PSVR version, maybe it would make me buy it, still waiting for someone that kicks me ...

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope it supports PC VR day one, and between now and then they release PC VR support for 7.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Vill. A. Age is my rapper name.

I didn't even consider VR actually, I don't see why not if it's a thing they're homing in on.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'd imagine VII's VR success is too much for them to ignore it with Village, whether they make it playable on the PSVR headset straight away since it works on PS5 or they wait for a PSVR2 headset to add it I don't know.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
It'll come to Vive/Rift at launch, with PSVR2 release later on. Which will never ever come. Sweet, sweet revenge!

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. I played RE7 on a base PS4 and it was blurry as all hell but still was a great experience. I'm curious to see how much of an improvement PSVR will get with the added power of the PS5. Ideally they would have PSVR2 out by then but I'm not so sure it will be.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope so. Without the VR angle I don't really find the first-person to be better than the third-person stuff from the remakes.

But with the VR this game brought back a kind of fear I honestly hadn't felt since playing the first Resident Evil back on PS1, when the experience was a surprise.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
is it confirmed to be a cross gen title? if so then I am pretty sure there will be VR support.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017

Everyone knows about Resident Evil VII VR, and everyone who plays it knows it is truly the most terrifying way to experience the game. I don't think it's the most terrifying horror gaming experience ever, I think it's the most terrifying piece of horror media ever. Particularly if you experienced your first playthrough in VR, thus had no idea what to expect.

And this is why I want to ask do you think it will come to PSVR at launch? The best way to experience this in VR is to have your first playthrough be in VR. Capcom, if you're listening, keep this in mind. PSVR owners would love to play this game Day 1, but we'd love even more for that experience to be in VR.

This is guaranteed to happen. I only hope that PCVR is also supported. RE7 is one of the best VR showcase titles, especially if you are new to VR.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Wasn't this game confirmed to be next gen only? And if so, would PSVR from last gen even be compatible with it? Loved playing 7 in VR and would love to do the same again with 8, but there's still too little info right now regarding VR from Sony to really come to a conclusion here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The leaks that nailed pretty much every detail of the game said it had VR support, so I'm a believer for now. RE7 in VR is awesome, it'd be a huge downgrade if they don't have it this time.

is it confirmed to be a cross gen title? if so then I am pretty sure there will be VR support.
No, it's next-gen only.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Wasn't this game confirmed to be next gen only? And if so, would PSVR from last gen even be compatible with it? Loved playing 7 in VR and would love to do the same again with 8, but there's still too little info right now regarding VR from Sony to really come to a conclusion here.
Sony said the current psvr would be compatible with the ps5 a while ago.
they did not give any details about how it's supposed to work, but the camera they showed is probably there for that.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, but my worry is with how much bigger and action oriented they seem to be touting it to be that it might have moved out of scope of VR. I feel like the reason RE7 worked in VR was because the game felt fairly simplified, in a good way (for VR).

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
As long as the PSVR is compatible with PS5 (which has been confirmed to be), yes it think it'll be on PSVR day1

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I want to believe. RE7 in VR was the first real horror game for me. Non-VR just doesn't cut it for horror.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Looked like there were some rough bits in the trailer. I don't have confidence they could run RE8 in VR on PS5, unless Sony announces a new PSVR2 with a much more powerful break-out box. RE8 just does not seem optimized for VR like RE7 was.