• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you believe everyone here?

• Yes, I take for granted people would tell the truth

• No, I don’t believe a word anyone says is true

• Not everything, I take a healthy does of scepticism

• I’m so naive I believe Fat4all is a real dog

• OP is a big phoney and a liar

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 30, 2019
tenor.gif

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I mean, as long as we're not going into extremist, QAnon territory, I don't see an issue with people having an online "persona" that's not entirely true. True or not, the discussions and interactions that you have are real in the moment.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Unless someone gives me a reason to believe otherwise, I take it at face value. Whether or not it is true is sort of another thing. It isn't for me to care too much, I guess.
Yeah, this is a better way of saying what I was trying to say. "Take it for granted that people would tell the truth" is the closest poll option I could find to that, but this is more accurate.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I hold myself to a much lower standard here than I do in normal conversations or even posting things to my personal social media. The relative anonymity removes a lot of accountability. Sometimes I say something dumb and get called out and just take the L and move on.

I don't come on here and lie, though. Might omit some details or simplify, but it's also not like I'm discussing super serious topics or trying to change how people live their lives.

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
No I don't. Don't get me wrong majority are genuine but you can spot the threads that are just made to get attention or role people up with very little detail or follow up, a Mike off.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Some threads are clearly in jest, but for the most part I take people at their word. Honesty does not mean true, though. Everything comes through a filter.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
On some level, weather or not most posts on here are true or not is kinda irrelevant so, I just assume that they are made in good faith until there is evidence otherwise.

I extend good faith towards others and try to err on the side of assuming they're being sincere.

Even when something sounds unlikely, I keep in mind that life is strange and wild things happen to real people all the time.

I mean it's not like a social forum is mission critical. No need to call in the inquisition.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
People lie about everything. Horrible incidents, Money, Relationships, Petty Stuff, Big Stuff. Its more likely somebody is lying than telling the truth.

I don't even believe myself or what I just wrote. Because it's probably a lie.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like theres been a lot of weird in jokes lately, I wish I was smart enough to be in on them too tbh

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It is frustrating sometimes seeing so many people blindly believing the first post of a thread with so little details only to find out later in the thread that key information was left out or twisted to make the op look better than they actually are in that situation.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
The amount of outright lies are probably low but I doubt all posts are 100% truthful. I'm not taking this type of online discussion that seriously though so I don't really care.