• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not so much anymore, maybe it's because of the games (the last one I had a lot of fun with in photo/scapes mode was Gran Turismo Sport), maybe it's because of me wanting to actually progress more.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I use it quite a bit in games that have it. I specifically love the ones that provide an array of tools to modify lighting, focus, etc.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
No I only like true real-time gameplay shots. Too many fake photo modes that don't actually represent what the game really looks like.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, AC Origins & Odissey, Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sports are most I have used. Most of the other games I just take normal screenshots.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
What I did was just make another Flickr account with another email address, that's all you need. Another option that should potentially work well is using a regular art sharing site like Deviantart.com for example. You can upload traditional art as well as photography there, without limit, without image quality loss and you can hotlink images easily from there.

Seems to work fine:

db15yqm-5a9142dc-ab61-4578-88a0-8034fcaaf3bb.png

Nice, but I'd feel a bit guilty using that site's bandwidth and storage for a thing other than original art and thus disserving actual artists. Gotta get a big external hdd and call it a day. Fuck.

No I only like true real-time gameplay shots. Too many fake photo modes that don't actually represent what the game really looks like.

Why not both when you can have both. Photo mode shots are actually made in engine too so it's another functionality to me, and you can always use it just to remove hud, I do that a lot, hudless unaltered gameplay shots. Sometimes just moving the camera a bit but respecting fov and shit.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
I see a lot of games offering a ''Photo Mode'' lately,some even patch it in later...personnaly,I rarely use it.Sometimes I think about it but either I am too lazy to set it up or more importantly,I feel it takes me out of the game's immersion since most of the time,it's in a cool moment in the game.

What do you say Era,how many of you use Photo Mode.

Nope, dont use Photo Modes

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, in every game that has it. Photography is one of my passions and even the most barebones modes at least lets me practice on composition, while the more robust ones are like a playground for lighting and lens dynamics.

sbkodama

Oct 28, 2017
I use it from time to time to take selfies of my characters.
I also like to fly around freezed action sequences but I don't take screenshot of them much.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
OK so you're guessing then.

Definitely not guessing because there's plenty of examples all over. Uncharted 4 for example has farther view distances in photo mode. If a race has more than one car in Driveclub, then photo mode adds polys to the cars and also better shadows I believe. Not sure of the newer ones, but I think the older Forzas also spruce up the picture. Plenty of others I'm sure if you look around and do a bit of research.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
All the time. Love the feature, and I can really appreciate all the effort that goes into making every game beautiful.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't strictly photo mode but a stand at the UK photo show in March will have some user-submitted game screenshots. Thought photo mode nerds might be interested -

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
I have already said it before in another thread that sometimes I slow down just to appreciate and think about the creative people that worked in that portion of the game that gamers won't even notice. I use it a lot to the point I changed the settings of PS4 controller so pushing the share button take a snapshot.

Photo mode is a huge plus for me: Hellblade, Horizon (Forza and Zero Dawn), God of War, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky (sue me :p), Onrush, Witcher 3, and many many more....

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Hell no. I really don't see the point of it. My game time is limited as it is. I like scrolling through photomode threads though, when I'm not gaming.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sometimes.
I was a pretty big fan of the one in Spider-Man

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, got better things to do like play the game.

I leave the photos to all the artistic and dedicated folk here.