• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Rockstar has already confirmed a PS5 and Series X/S version of GTAV. Will we get one for RDR2? Either a patch or a remaster?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. Knowing R* it'll be in 2022 and in a fully paid "remaster" with no save transfers or something.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I hope so. That would be nice.

Realistically we will get a remaster, though.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
As much as I want it to be a patch. I know they'll charge 60 for it. And I'm gonna buy it again because I'm weak and it's the best of all times for me. 😂😭

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Considering how they skipped Xbox One X and PS4 Pro enhancements for all their titles last gen and went the way of Paid Remaster for GTAV twice there's not much precedent for a free update that leverages the opportunities of PS5 and XSX/XSS

That being said I still think there'll be some sort of better console version of RDR2. It might just be on XSX/XSS when Microsoft adds the option to double frame-rate in a few months or maybe a full on new collection that has to be purchased anew like the rumours said.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
They got GTA V's coming this year. Probably will wait on it for another year where they've got nothing. It'll be another near full priced product.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Considering how they skipped Xbox One X and PS4 Pro enhancements for all their titles last gen and went the way of Paid Remaster for GTAV twice there's not much precedent for a free update that leverages the opportunities of PS5 and XSX/XSS

That being said I still think there'll be some sort of better console version of RDR2. It might just be on XSX/XSS when Microsoft adds the option to double frame-rate in a few months or maybe a full on new collection that has to be purchased anew like the rumours said.

In fairness the first remaster of GTAV was exceptional and added a lot. I'm interested to see if the second is a similar jump.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not a chance in hell of an update. People have shown them they'll double or triple dip on their games.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. I only got like an hour in when I had my One X. Now that I have a Series S, I am NOT trying to play at One S settings 🤣

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Only if they actually plan on supporting RDO long term, and we have no evidence of that. GTAO is literally a golden goose, and they probably have everyone but a skeleton crew on that and their next game.

As much as I would love to play RDO at 60fps, they went above and beyond delivering ridiculously stable visuals and performance on the One X and pro, which is what next gen would be boosting from that they could very easily leave it as is and get away with it.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they end up doing, I hope they lift the inventory restrictions. The starting inventory size is way too small. There is one way to significantly increase it though (I'm talking multiplying it by close to 100), but it requires hours of hunting rare animals to craft all of the satchels. I ended up doing it but I wouldn't do it on a second playthrough. Interacting with the world and picking up loot became so much better when I could actually pick things up.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
They will probably want to monetize it. I'm going to foolishly hope that means some kind of legendary edition that comes with a RDR remaster.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I think we'll get a paid version for sure. No way they're gonna just patch it for us... we're talking about a company releasing the same game on 3 generations of consoles and actually charging you 3 times.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
A patch would be nice but I'd also like to see a remaster bundled with a RDR1 remake.

Dec 11, 2017
If my saves and achievements don't carry over, I'm not buying. I don't have time to start over.

Last edited:

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
This is my most wanted next-gen update by far, and I would have zero issues paying full price for an "enhanced" version. Yes, I'm a part of the problem.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Thats not the Rockstar way. I mean were getting GTA V again for current gen😑
I just hope they are working on a remaster for RDR1 and just bundle them together with RDR2. Wouldn't mind paying $70 for that.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
That would require Rockstar to work on something that isn't GTA Online

So no

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020
I'm betting on a have to purchase PS5/Series version instead of a free upgrade. Maybe we get lucky and they charge like $20 to upgrade last gen versions

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
They'll probably sell a remastered version and I'll certainly buy it, although not at full price.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Havent bought it yet but I will wait patiently for any news. Or dip in on the PC version which have mods and glorious potato mode support.

Oct 25, 2017
From Rockstar:
2018: RDR2 PS4/XB1
2019: RDR2 PC
2020: nothing?
2021: GTAV Re-Remaster
2022/2023: RDR2 Remaster?
eventually GTA6

There's no way I see them making a free next-gen patch.

Jun 17, 2018
A free update to 60fps and I will play through the game again. Not doing that shit at 30fps anymore, gunfights were a painful process until I got used to it.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
As long as RDR2 online is making them money on consoles they might do a PS5 update. All it requires of them really is upping some settings or leaving them as is and giving you 60 fps (which would be more desirable to be honest). PS4 Pro vs PS5 would be the biggest benefit for some visual setting improvements.

What I really want is RDR1 with RDR2 engine and visual quality. The map is there so it would be an obvious thing to sell as a new game or expensive DLC. But with Rockstar you can never know what happens as they usually instead take whatever greedy option they can use.