• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
watching liberals fawn to any republican not named trump as if their donors, end goals, etc are different makes me sick tbh

i really believe that if trump new how to shut his mouth and 'show respect to the office' the so called resistance wouldnt exist and that a lot of people are just waiting for trump to be gone so they can "ignore politics" again

btw i hope romney trips and sprains his knee op

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's going to be better than Hatch was. I'll take marginal improvements where I can get them.

If Dems regain the WH, it's worth considering tapping him for a some sort of (non-policy-making) foreign policy role as good lord we're gonna need all the elder statesmen and elder stateswomen we can get on deck in the wake of Trump, and Romney is almost certainly not going to be running for re-election in 2024 anyway.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering because he seems like he isn't entirely bad and may actually be a swing vote in the senate against the hard right. I also remember he did some good things for healthcare in his state when he was governor. I would choose most democrats over him but what do people think of him here?

Mitt Romney is an opportunist first and foremost. He'll take on whatever viewpoints he needs to that make him come off well in a given situation and he doesn't have a lot of serious convictions. He's a bit like Trump in that way (much less offensive and egregious, of course).

He was pro healthcare as governor of Massachusetts, but against it when running for president. He reversed himself on things countless times just during the 2012 campaign. He rebuked Trump when it seemed like the thing to do then went crawling to him for a job when that seemed like the thing to do.

He seems cuddly and nice, but he has no convictions or values to speak of. At least none that extend to policy.

He's a much better man in every way than Trump, of course, but that's not exactly a high bar.

Finny

Oct 25, 2017
A less terrible Republican and still terrible human being are not mutually exclusive descriptions.

anyprophet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Days): Hostility and personal attacks against another member
He's going to be better than Hatch was. I'll take marginal improvements where I can get them.

If Dems regain the WH, it's worth considering tapping him for a some sort of (non-policy-making) foreign policy role as good lord we're gonna need all the elder statesmen and elder stateswomen we can get on deck in the wake of Trump, and Romney is almost certainly not going to be running for re-election in 2024 anyway.
lmao you're still a stupid motherfucker i see. no republican is a good, or useful, republican.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
You guys are a bit harsh,
Lets wait and see how he acts as Senator.

If Romney is one of the few Republicans who decides to stand up to Trump

Oct 27, 2017
:clap: stop :clap: trying :clap: to :clap: find :clap: any :clap: redeeming :clap: value :clap: in :clap: war :clap: criminals :clap:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
He's going to put up a slight fuss and then vote in line anyway. He's Flake, but with a religious moral angle he'll ultimately ignore anyway. I mean, could we have worse in the seat? Sure. But, I don't like the guy. We'd need about 10 Romneys in Republican seats for it to make any difference, until then, the one or two that like to pretend they are in the middle will just swing Republican in the end.

Oct 27, 2017
The people in this thread who really want Mitt Romney to stand up to Trump, are the type of people are who nostalgic for bush/cheney era. AKA people who are not equip to remember that Mitt Romney is a genuine psycho and his party would rather sacrifice lives for corporate greed.

Oct 27, 2017
Mitt Romney is an opportunist first and foremost. He'll take on whatever viewpoints he needs to that make him come off well in a given situation and he doesn't have a lot of serious convictions. He's a bit like Trump in that way (much less offensive and egregious, of course).

He was pro healthcare as governor of Massachusetts, but against it when running for president. He reversed himself on things countless times just during the 2012 campaign. He rebuked Trump when it seemed like the thing to do then went crawling to him for a job when that seemed like the thing to do.

He seems cuddly and nice, but he has no convictions or values to speak of. At least none that extend to policy.

He's a much better man in every way than Trump, of course, but that's not exactly a high bar.

Jobbs you don't get it, we're trying to use respectability politics on republicans, surely the nevertrump camp will use respectability to rehabiliate the republican party /s

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
We'd need about 10 Romneys in Republican seats for it to make any difference, until then, the one or two that like to pretend they are in the middle will just swing Republican in the end.
He'll just be like John McCain, only seemingly supporting good things when his image benefits but otherwise vote in line of the party of throwing children into prison camps.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Specifically, getting Hatch out of the line of Presidential succession is a plus.
Romney replacing him as senator doesn't stop the party of putting children into prison camps putting somebody equally awful (like Romney or any other given member of the party of putting children into prison camps) into the line of succession as president pro tempore of the senate.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That opportunistic, flip flopping, out of touch, Gordan Gekko imitating, unlikeable slimeball Mittens? The one who smiles like a dentist, ready to take your gullible 46% vote?

You think he actually cares about people beyond their voting capacity to select the ones with "R"s beside it?

If you have to ask, you clearly haven't been paying attention to his shtick.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Mittens starts Senate soon. If Trump is removed from office, I bet Mittens will be one of the swing votes to remove him.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He's better than Trump, but he's also the 47% believe they are victims and binders full of women guy. He's also the guy that embarrassed himself trying to become Trump's secretary of state after declaring Trump a fraud.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
161129212927-trump-romney-large-169.jpg

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
We're setting the bar pretty low if we start to fawn over any person that said a negative thing about Trump.
"Senator Romney may have voted along party lines to put children into prison camps, but he very eloquently said that Trump was not nice. What a wonderful statesman. We need more people like him in Washington."