• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive me if this doesn't need a thread, but it seems like we have some people and or bots that just continuously spit out new threads for every single story whether it's newsworthy or needs discussion or not. I'm not trying to call anyone out, just curious wtf is going on sometimes. I imagine a world (or forum I guess) if we all did this, what would this forum look like?

yes this is a moderately drunk thread. Lock if old, etc.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
No, they are just fast when news is hitting.

I was the same back on the old place.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, these bots are getting clever. Look, this ones algorithm is simulating drunk posting.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I assume it's the 1% make a thing and 99% consume a thing (or whatever that ratio is) that means you see lots of the same OP's make a lot of the threads. Could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, these bots are getting clever. Look, this ones algorithm is simulating drunk posting.
I've made like 3 threads in however many years this place has existed. And probably roughly the equivalent at gaf. Sometimes I wonder if every fucking thing that gets read (or headline that gets read) needs to be posted

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
And they are learning click bait words for titles

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos donated 10 million to Star Citizen.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I assume it's the 1% make a thing and 99% consume a thing (or whatever that ratio is) that means you see lots of the same OP's make a lot of the threads. Could be wrong though.

It's essentially that. The people that are fast getting news/reports into a thread and post are consistent enough that makes no sense to try to post a thread yourself as you'd likely already been beaten (or just make a bad thread compared to the others)

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's essentially that. The people that are fast getting news/reports into a thread and post are consistent enough that makes no sense to try to post a thread yourself as you'd likely already been beaten (or just make a bad thread compared to the others)

but I see a lot of constant thread creators create bad threads though

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel like I make a lot of threads, but most are LTTP or opinion/discussion topics, and not news headlines

I am 100% a bot though, bleep, bloop

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
guex3zv.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I just ignored someone who seems to just scour news stories for threads like they're curating their own news site.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I will say I've seen a LOT of shitposting lately, and right as I go to the "Ignore" button, I see they only have 18 posts. Or 31. Or something low like that.

Makes me wonder. They're as cleverly integrated as Fortnite bots.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me if this doesn't need a thread, but it seems like we have some people and or bots that just continuously spit out new threads for every single story whether it's newsworthy or needs discussion or not. I'm not trying to call anyone out, just curious wtf is going on sometimes. I imagine a world (or forum I guess) if we all did this, what would this forum look like?

yes this is a moderately drunk thread. Lock if old, etc.

If it's the user i'm thinking about, it's a real person. Not sure if it's the same one you are wondering about, but I could PM you if you want

OP
OP
Vern

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's the user i'm thinking about, it's a real person. Not sure if it's the same one you are wondering about, but I could PM you if you want
Yes pm me. I want to know if we are thinking the same.

edit but there is more than 1. But one I think of all the time

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
All my threads are bad - thankfully everyone ignores them anyhow so it works out.

Oct 27, 2017
For the bots people get attached to and don't want to see destroyed, we should migrate them to their own server instance and let them live out their lives, go on adventures, etc.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Imagine you wrote a really cool A.I. that could post on a forum, it passes the Turing test and yet you still stop it getting banned.